Profile for Nycoy > Reviews

World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
by Max Brooks

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 9 Sep 2014
Don't expect it to be like the film

Chimney Charcoal Starter
Chimney Charcoal Starter
Offered by Essential Outdoor Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars No more firefighter infused food. Great product., 7 Sep 2014
This review is from: Chimney Charcoal Starter
As someone who's usually got through half a box of firefighters and/or fluid to get a barbie started I thought I'd give this a try. My brother-in-law had a similar one and it seemed to work well.

I've only used it twice so far (blame the British weather) but it's been great both times. I've had two BBQs going with minimal effort exactly as suggested by the product's blurb.

If I had to gripe I would say that I think the coals nearer the bottom of the chimney obviously get hotter sooner and therefore I feel that these tend not to last as long as others nearer the top. But as I've only used it twice there may be a trick to help with this - it's not been a major issue as I've only cooked a small amount of food for the family.

AOC I2757FH 27 inch Widescreen IPS LED Multimedia Monitor (1920x1080, 5ms, VGA, HDMI, Full HD 1080p, Screen+, i-Menu)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor, 30 May 2014
Works well for PC and PS3. Sound is a bit disappointing - quite tinny.

I like the PC software which seems to work well (which lets you basically perform the functions of the physical "touch-buttons" via software.

Norton Internet Security 21.0 - 3 Computers, 1 Year Subscription (PC) [2014 Edition]

4.0 out of 5 stars Usual Symantec stuff, 30 May 2014
I've had Symantec for many years. I've not had any issues that I know of.

I do find it a little tricky to work out where to find things, but once you've done so and committed it to memory its ok.

Kidde 7DCO Carbon Monoxide Alarm Digital Display 10 Year Sensor and Warranty
Kidde 7DCO Carbon Monoxide Alarm Digital Display 10 Year Sensor and Warranty

4.0 out of 5 stars As far as I know its ok - the cat hasn't died yet., 30 May 2014
Got this for our utility room where the cat sleeps. Its never showed anything other than 0. Agree with other comments about the instructions being a little unclear, but as far as I know its doing its job.

TP-Link TL-SG1005D 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Desktop Switch
TP-Link TL-SG1005D 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Desktop Switch

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and does the job, 30 May 2014
I have this plugged into a Homeplug system and it runs my desktop PC and PS3 without any issues.

Highly recommended.

Samsung 1TB 2.5 inch 5400RPM SATA II Hard Disk Drive
Samsung 1TB 2.5 inch 5400RPM SATA II Hard Disk Drive
Offered by CrossCables

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a disk and it works - so far, 30 May 2014
Was a replacement for my PS3 disk which went kaput trying to do a system update :-(

Not much to say about a disk - it either works or it doesn't.

This one works. And price was good.

Trials Fusion (PS4)
Trials Fusion (PS4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Trials Fusion (PS4) (Video Game)
Love this game. Looks good and in general plays brilliantly.

Main downside for me is that the difficulty seems to ramp up quite suddenly (pretty much after the FMX section). And the FMX part for me is a bit of a distraction and the controls seem a bit random - but that could just be my finger/brain not working well together.

#willpower
#willpower
Offered by mrtopseller

3.0 out of 5 stars He's on "The Voice" but can he sing?, 27 Mar 2014
This review is from: #willpower (Audio CD)
Some good catchy tunes.

But for someone who sits on the panel of The Voice, you have to ask why in almost every song his voice is auto-tuned or has some other similar audio effect applied to it.

Is it disguising his voice...?

Sony PS Vita (Wi-Fi only) (PlayStation Vita)
Sony PS Vita (Wi-Fi only) (PlayStation Vita)
Offered by Game Trade Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Where are all the games??!!, 5 May 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Ok, so not strictly a criticism of the Vita, but where are the games to play on it?

The console itself IS a marvellous piece of kit. The screen is fab and the dual sticks are very responsive. The few games I have feel like they have used some of the features for the sake of it. But as a new gen portable it is great!

I just hope the games start flooding out otherwise I fear it will fizzle out which would be a shame.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 15, 2012 10:33 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2