Profile for Chris F > Reviews

Content by Chris F

Chris F

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
TP-Link TL-WA750RE 150Mbps Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender/Wi-Fi Booster (WPS function,Easy Configuration)
Price: 16.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 5 Feb 2014
This works really well and is easy to configure.

My wireless hub (virgin media) is upstairs, I plugged this into a socket in the entrance hall downstairs and the signal in my lounge was boosted from weak to very good. Laptop connection now stays up and internet use on phone is much quicker.

Statistics Tables: For Mathematicians, Engineers, Economists and the Behavioural and Management Sciences
by Henry R. Neave

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 27 Jan 2014
Not exactly a cracking read, but, as others have observed, does exactly what it says on the tin, I used it for an MSc in Applied Statistics, and it covered most, but not all, of the statistical tables I needed. The odd one that isn't in there can generally be found on the internet, but this is great for a quick reference.

Verdi
Verdi
Price: 10.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: Verdi (Audio CD)
As a casual listener to Opera, I thought this was excellent. All the tracks good and beautifully sung. If you want an introduction to Verdi then I'd suggest that this is an excellent place to start

The Silver Violin
The Silver Violin
Price: 9.23

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Silver Violin (Audio CD)
I was a bit disappointed with this. I'm a big fan of Nicola B but found this to be not as good as her previous albums. I'm sure this is to do with the limited choice of great film music (or indeed my personal musical preferences) rather than Nicola's playing

Discovering Statistics Using SPSS (Introducing Statistical Methods series)
Discovering Statistics Using SPSS (Introducing Statistical Methods series)
by Andy Field

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, 27 Jan 2014
Considering this book seems to be aimed at undergraduates, I'm amazed how few previous reviewers have commented on how childish the book is, it's more akin to what I imagine a GCSE textbook would be like.

I also found the scope to be quite narrow, SPSS is a very intuitive system so you don't really need to be taught the basics. When I referred to this book for more complex needs, I invariably found that the topics weren't covered.

I think maybe the book is aimed at those wanting to learn statistics at the same time as learning the SPSS system, hence it would be slightly unfair to give it 1 star despite the childishness and lack of depth,

If, like me, you have a knowledge of statistics and what to be able to apply it in SPSS, then don't buy this book, you're better off with your own intuition (I mistakenly bought this book to aid in an MSc for Applied Statistics).

Tchaikovsky "1812 Overture" Marche slave etc
Tchaikovsky "1812 Overture" Marche slave etc
Price: 10.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Great version of the 1812, 27 Jan 2014
It's great to hear a different interpretation of the 1812 to the ones I already knew, which were purely instrumental. The choral version works very well.

5-star for the headline piece but I wasn't too keen on the other tracks on this CD. For the casual listener like myself, I would recommend choosing a version that is matched with something better (preferably more Tchaikovsky), unless the price justifies buying it purely to acquire this version of the 1812.

Brahms: Ein Deutsches Requiem
Brahms: Ein Deutsches Requiem
Price: 7.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Jan 2014
I didn't really know what to expect with this album, having heard just one movement of the 7 on classic FM, but it is a lovely piece. It perhaps lacks the drama of Mozart's requiem, or the beauty of Faure's, but then they are true masterpieces.

This, judged on its own, is a good-quality recording of a very good, beautiful, piece of choral music.

Loud Coldplay - Logo Men's T-Shirt Grey Medium
Loud Coldplay - Logo Men's T-Shirt Grey Medium
Offered by inandout-distribution
Price: 11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value product, 27 Jan 2014
This T-shirt is very well-fitting and has lasted well, It's quite thin but still good quality. I would definitely recommend it

One Cell In The Sea
One Cell In The Sea
Price: 8.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: One Cell In The Sea (Audio CD)
I bought this largely due to one song (Almost Lover) but have grown to love the album. Some songs are upbeat, others are a bit depressing, none are weak.

I would thoroughly recommend this, an amazing album, much better than her follow-up albums in my opinion.

Mendelssohn / Bruch: Violin Concertos (DG The Originals)
Mendelssohn / Bruch: Violin Concertos (DG The Originals)
Price: 7.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 27 Jan 2014
Excellent recordings of both concertos. This recording has helped to elevate the Bruch concerto to be one of my favourite classical pieces

Page: 1 | 2 | 3