Profile for T. Mckenny > Reviews

Content by T. Mckenny

T. Mckenny "Book Fanatic" (Bristol, England)

Stitch 'n Bitch Handbook: Instructions, Patterns, and Advice for a New Generation of Knitters
by Debbie Stoller

5.0 out of 5 stars My Bible!!!!!!!!!!, 19 Dec 2006
I treat this book like a bible. I have only been knitting for a year but this book really inspires someone who is an enthusiastic beginner. I bought this book on my quest to learn how to knit and it is full of small patterns to start you off with so you really feel that you are making progress, these include mobile phone covers, bags hats and legendary scarfs. There are also more advanced patterns very sexy bikini, jerseys, jumpers and even a matching doggy coat. awwwwh.

I especially like this book as it helped me to find out about starting a knitting group and where to find one. I carry it everywhere my knitting goes as a reference. It is a god send and helps me cast on and remedy mistakes I have made.

This book is definetly a must for anyone starting out on the trendy knitting scene and for those who have been knitting a while the patterns are gorgeous.

Enjoy my fellow knitters!

Life Lessons For Women: 7 Essential Ingredients for a Balanced Life
Life Lessons For Women: 7 Essential Ingredients for a Balanced Life
by Stephanie Marston

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the average self help book., 1 Nov 2006
If you have read some of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series this book goes along the same lines but is very uplifting. I wanted a book that was not a direct self help book but was inspiring and energising. This book is very pro active and gets you to make lists and try new experiences that you have either put on hold for children or work commitments etc.

If you are looking for a book with a difference then this is defintetly the book for you, it is an easy read and is set out in 7 easy to digest chapters which have a task at the end of each one. The aim of the book I think is not to make women selfish and decide to take off and have full independantcy from husbands and children, but more of a release to follow your dreams and to reach your full potential in all aspects of your life.

The best part of this book for me is after every chapter once you have completed the tasks and self evaluated different areas of your life then you really do feel different about where your life is heading and what you want to accomplish.

I am a real sceptic when it comes to self help books and if they work. However this one definetly has the edge, unlike other self help books it doesn't tell you how to do totally change your life around, but instead how to improve your current situation and make little changes which can have a big impact on how you choose to live.

Great read for busy women managing lots of different commitments.