Profile for Mrs. Susan A. Watkins > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Susan A. ...

Mrs. Susan A. Watkins "SueW" (wales)

Murder on the Home Front: A True Story of Morgues, Murderers and Mysteries in the Blitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Murder on the Home Front, 3 Jun. 2013
Saw this mentioned in credits of recent television program, thought it well worth a read. It is an insight to life at the time of the second world war and whilst covering many a gruesome murder, it does so with gentle humour at times and cultivates an interest in the growing science of forensics rather than extreme horror at the brutality of some of the cases.

Tracing Your First World War Ancestors: A Guide for Family Historians (Tracing Your Ancestors)
by Simon Fowler

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent research tool, 6 May 2013
I bought this book because I wanted to try and find out about the war experience of one of my grandfathers, who has so far remained elusive. The book does not disappoint as it gives lots of avenues to try, apart from the obvious. What I liked about the book was the many examples of research and views of the actual documents you might hope to find. I feel it would be of interest to complete beginners and more experienced alike. I cannot say that I have yet put the research into practice, but there are a couple of points of interest to follow, so maybe some results in the future. Altogether a worthwhile buy.

The Carpet People
The Carpet People
by Terry Pratchett

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 13 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Carpet People (Paperback)
I enjoyed this wonderfully inventive story from one of my favorite authors, I can't believe he was so funny so young he never disappoints.

Freeing My Sisters
Freeing My Sisters
by Wilma Hayes

4.0 out of 5 stars Very worthwhile read, 3 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Freeing My Sisters (Paperback)
This well crafted love story has something for everyone with some interesting and gripping twists to its tail. The writing is excellant for a first novel, although this is not her first book, and has some beautifully descriptive passages. The combination of solving a modern crime and the involvement with the ghosts of the past make for an intriguing read and draws the reader into another world. I would thoroughly recommend you read this book.