Profile for A Watson > Reviews

Content by A Watson

A Watson

Snakebite Professional Balanced/Stereo 1/4" Jack to Jack Cable. TRS lead. Translucent jacket. Noiseless OFC
Offered by Tone Deaf Music

5.0 out of 5 stars What else needs saying?, 22 Oct 2012
10 metres and no noise really is something worth paying for!

It's often recommended that, for studio monitoring application, use speaker cable no longer than 3m. But for saying that I stayed on the right side of £20 for two great quality leads that I am able to use for studio or live situations, and be as near to or far from my speakers (allowing for both studio mixing and a live setup), with no discernible noise across the signal is worth every penny to me!

White Silicone Skin for Microsoft XBox 360 Controller
White Silicone Skin for Microsoft XBox 360 Controller

4.0 out of 5 stars Problem Solved!, 22 Oct 2012
I have bought myself two for both of my controllers and they do a great job.

If I had to nit pick, I might say that the corner edges nearest to LB & RB on one of the skins in particular initially used to ever so slightly "fold back on themselves" so to speak, but this just from the way they were in the packaging, and is hardly a problem it's so easily solved - just it take it off the controller and weight the edges down for a bit.

Overall, the product fits the controller like a glove and, if just looking at it, you may not even notice it's on (on a white controller, obviously!) Highly recommended.

Marvel's The Avengers 6-Movie Collection [DVD]
Marvel's The Avengers 6-Movie Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Downey Jr
Offered by Rab UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Personally, a good deal to be had., 22 Oct 2012
I bought this for my girlfriend as a present and it went down a storm! Neither of us had any of the DVDs included in the set prior to this, so it worked out for me to buy an all-in-one deal like this, and was a popular choice with my girlfriend, too! Maybe a few "box set exclusives" might have been nice, but overall this works out as a good deal for me.

Octopus Egg Cup
Octopus Egg Cup
Offered by Safari Buddies

5.0 out of 5 stars N'awwww!!, 22 Oct 2012
This review is from: Octopus Egg Cup (Kitchen & Home)
I got this as a little something for my girlfriend and, in summary of how well it went down, he's gone to uni with her and is still looking after her eggs a treat!

In all seriousness, the item itself looks exactly like the image, and arrived in good time, so very happy all in all, and am happy to recommend. :)

SNES/Gamecube/N64/GC Composite AV Cable
SNES/Gamecube/N64/GC Composite AV Cable
Offered by we_aint_got_no_money_honey

4.0 out of 5 stars For me, a better solution than the original!, 22 Oct 2012
I came back to my beloved N64 to find that the original A/V attachment was no longer working. Using this cable has actually turned out to be a little space-saver for me - avoiding the stubby little RF modulator and the additional cabling and RF/Antenna switches means that I can push it right back on my shelf alongside the rest of the consoles!

The quality is fine for me (in terms of some reviews stating that the display is unsatisfactory), and it looks no different than how it used to!

And so, in addition to being able to avoid RF/Antenna switches and simply plugging one end into the back of the console and the other into the TV, I still get to play all my childhood favourites! All in all, a pretty worthwhile purchase!

Black Case Logic QHDC-101 Hard Drive Case
Black Case Logic QHDC-101 Hard Drive Case
Offered by DiscountDiscs

4.0 out of 5 stars Good...but just not for Seagate Go Flex 1TB!, 18 Oct 2012
To help anyone avoid getting the tape measure out, the item is too SMALL for the Seagate FreeAgent Go Flex 1TB model. Seagate STAA1000201 1TB GoFlex Ultra USB 3.0 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive Black

I had another CaseLogic case for another HDD Caselogic Small Hard Drive Case - Black and assumed all would be fine...! Seems sturdy enough as far as build-quality goes, but make sure to not be as silly as I was and do the research beforehand!

Gembird HDMI Female to Female Gender Changer with Gold Plated Connectors
Gembird HDMI Female to Female Gender Changer with Gold Plated Connectors
Offered by Goods-cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Job Done., 9 July 2012
Reviews seemed either entirely positive or worrying negative, so I ordered with slight trepidation. Nevertheless, I ended up ordering 5 in batch - we have a few more HDMI cables about the house that would benefit from having either an extension or simply a point of maneuver than I'd initially accounted for - and all have been working fine.

'If in doubt, try 'em out!'

Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Offered by DayzHappy

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried and Tested!, 9 July 2012
I now own around 7 of these leads, and none have let me down! One stays permanently hooked up at my bedroom TV for Xbox, the rest are spares for the house in general, but all have been tested and perform fine.

Great for the money, highly recommended.

Philex 5m HDMI to HDMI Cable
Philex 5m HDMI to HDMI Cable
Offered by UNLIMITED COMPUTERS

5.0 out of 5 stars Trepidation Unfounded!, 9 July 2012
I bought only one lead (,as opposed to buying a few to have around as spares,) and with some trepidation after reading a number of the reviews here.
As it turns out, this is my most commonly-used HDMI lead, and has been hooking up, for instance, my xbox to my girlfriend's TV/my TV/PC Monitor just fine, and I'm beginning to wish I'd bought a few more!

No problem in recommending.

Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1 TB USB 2.0 Ultra-portable External Hard Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Device!, 20 April 2011
Having been impressed after using my girlfriend's 500gb drive (Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex), and having been in dire need of a new drive for myself, I bought this. Within two days I had the drive in my hands, and I've been happy with it since.

I am using the drive with my Mac mini, my Windows PC, my girlfriends Windows laptop, and the Mac Pros at my university, all of which recognise it fine, and I've had no problems going across platforms.
I initially installed the setup files that came on the drive, but I prefer literally dragging and dropping rather than cluttering up my mac (the unit I mainly work with) with needless software, so files such as the Seagate Dashboard, for me, are now rendered completely redundant, (as is often the case with products such as this), and have been taken off the drive - I'd rather have more space on my drive for files and more space on my mac for a cleaner, quicker & more responsive mac!

Overall, have been very happy with the drive so far and, judging by the 500gb model, they are built to last too! Worth the money!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 9, 2012 4:36 PM BST