Profile for sarrahp1 > Reviews

The White Stripes
The White Stripes
Offered by davehopetrading

5.0 out of 5 stars Please DONT get a Bass player!!!!!!!!!!!!, 10 Jun 2005
This review is from: The White Stripes (Audio CD)
The White Stripes truly continue to inform the world of rock, soul and music in general the way they only know how to- with a guitar and a drum kit.
However, this first album is an absolute revalation and already a classic. The songs are fresh and diverse and most people can feel an affinity with it. The rhythms are simple and the monotony is what makes the White Stripes so complex. This is by far the best White Stripes album in terms of fressness, vibe and excitement. The lyrics are profound and dont play second to the catchy rhythms.
Highlights
Jimmy the Exploder: My favourite song on the album. And what do you know, written by Meg White- she needs to write more songs if this is what she comes up with.
The Big Three Killed My Baby: Second best song for me on the album. I'm still trying to find out the fascination with 3?
Astro: Love the 'ACDC' part
If I'm wasting My time: Excellent 'slow song' still classic stripes
One more cup of coffee: I have to start listening to Dylan, or White Stripes covers :)
When I hear My Name: So catchy, please don't disappear.
Actually, every song is a highlight. YOU WILL BE SPOILT FOR CHOICE. I URGE YOU TO LISTEN TO THIS ALBUM. IT WONT DISAPPOINT.