Profile for Cakedestroyer > Reviews

Cakedestroyer "cakedestroyer"

Kaito KA200 Pocket AM/FM Radio, Black
Kaito KA200 Pocket AM/FM Radio, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than a Roberts Radio?, 16 May 2014
I wanted a couple of cheap radios to take to the IOM TT to listen to the race commentary on AM Manx radio. My trusty old Roberts branded radio was never very good and tricky to tune in.

There are no batteries (AAA) and no earphones and they are made in China.

The radio is tiny and small enough to fit in a jacket top pocket. So a good "sports" radio.

So why 5 stars?

A couple of batteries and some old iPod headphones and the radios fired up first time. Surprisingly? yes because the postman threw them via my letterbox onto a solid oak floor! So they must be tough little blighters.

The reception is really clear and there is a little LED that lights up when you get a good signal, AM or FM.

Am I pleased, yes I am - to be recommended. Better than my old Roberts radio by far.

REPLACEMENT REMOTE CONTROL KIT FOR HENDERSON GARAGE DOOR OPENER
REPLACEMENT REMOTE CONTROL KIT FOR HENDERSON GARAGE DOOR OPENER
Offered by THE GARAGE DOOR GURU
Price: 35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat, 5 July 2013
My old door opener remote packed up long ago and I wasn't prepared to pay silly money to replace it with the manufacturers unit. I found this unit on Amazon and after reading the reviews ordered one.

It arrived very quickly from the supplier and when the box was unpacked I thought it all looked a bit complicated and I am no electrical engineer. After using the helpful online guide and looking at the old unit I figured out what I needed to do. Installation took no time at all and it worked first time, no problems then and since. It has worked faultlessly and I'm really pleased I took the plunge and bought one.

Thoroughly recommended.

Apple iMac 27 inch All-In-One Desktop PC (Intel Core i5 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor, 2X2GB RAM, 1TB HDD, AMD Radeon HD 6970M with 1GB graphics) (Launched May 2011)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic PC - Fantastic Service, 19 Dec 2011
This iMac was ordered on Saturday morning 17th Dec as my Christmas present; requesting the free business delivery option - delivery promised by 24th Dec. Imagine my surprise when there was a knock on my door this afternoon, 19th Dec, from a courier with my iMac. Amazon are usually very good at delivering things quickly but this is nothing short of an excellent service. Thanks Amazon.

This is my first Mac - moving from a PC after sticking with Windows products since Win 95. Unboxed now, the iMac is as stunning as I remember it in PC World real eye candy on my desk. It was an absolute doddle to set up on my Wi-Fi and everything worked first time - it is much more intuitive compared to a PC. The screen is bright, colourful and crystal clear - even better than my HD TV which I thought was really impressive. All I have to do now is transfer all my videos, pictures and music but with a NAS drive this should be fairly easy but time consuming.

First impressions - a fantastic bit of kit I'm looking forward to using, but above all Amazon have excelled themselves.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2012 2:50 PM GMT

Mustek MP76 7" Portable DVD/DivX Player Free Case/Car Harness
Mustek MP76 7" Portable DVD/DivX Player Free Case/Car Harness
Offered by eHome
Price: 49.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit Noisy - but a good budget buy!, 17 Nov 2010
Purchased for use by our grandchildren - 3 and 5 years old. The model we have looks a little different to the picture in the listing here on Amazon. It plays DVDs well enough and looks OK. The mechanism is a bit noisy and on that score I must agree with other reviewers. However, for the money it is a good buy and the children do like it - they don't notice the noise, especially when they both have their hedphones on; the two audio out sockets are a real bonus!! no arguments.

Other than that it does what it says on the tin and we are generally pleased with it.

Ex-Pro  Orange Hard Clam Digital Camera Case Bag for Panasonic Lumix
Ex-Pro Orange Hard Clam Digital Camera Case Bag for Panasonic Lumix
Offered by ExpressPro
Price: 4.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality - Don't buy - Save your money, 25 Aug 2010
Bought this to go with my Lumix FT2. It won't fit the camera despite being bundled with the camera on the Amazon site

Dreadful quality - in this case you do get what you pay for. Don't bother buying it.