ARRAY(0xac47d510)

Tubular Bells II & III [DVD] [2001] [2000]
Tubular Bells II & III [DVD] [2001] [2000]
Dvd ~ Mike Oldfield
Price: 12.09

5.0 out of 5 stars The best live concert of instrumental music i have heard, 17 April 2000
Having recently purchased tubular bells 1, I noticed the cover of tubular bells 2/3 in a video store, I had seen one small clip on television years ago that has stuck in mind ever since, and when it said live at Edinburgh Castle i knew the clip was off this DVD. I brought it home and played it through the speakers of my newly purchased Home cinema system,And sat down to watch it with my Girlfriend who did not know anything about Mike Oldfield except the single Moonlight Shadow. We started off with Tubular Bells 2, Tubular bells 3 being on the flipside of the disc.The whole setting for the concert is superb and the sound of the Instruments is crystal clear and every instrument is clearly picked out through the speakers as if you were playing a CD from a stereo but better.The Music is fantastic , far better than Tubular bells 1 on CD which does not have the same energy as the Live performance. The music is split into 14 segments which can be picked out individually to find your favourite parts with ease, but the whole DVD should be played from Start to finish in one sitting so the genious of Mike Oldfield as he brings in a number of different instruments and changes direction from Lead Guitar,accoustic guitar,banjo,piano,and bagpipes with ease can be seen.This is probably my favourite DVD at the moment, and has made me check out Mike Oldfield a lot more, I have since purchased 9 CDs by Mike Oldfield. My girlfriend Loves Tubular Bells 2 also and has shown it to everyone that comes to the House,song no:14 titled Tatto is one of the most Emotional pieces of music i have ever heard, and when you listen to it, it is hard to keep a straight face,and judging by the expression on the faces of friends who call round it seems to be the general concensus that this is fantastic value for money. Tubular bells 3 is more 90s dance music with rock mixed in , it does not have the same feel to it as Tubular bells 2 but is good to listen to, However I doubt if Tubular bells 2 will ever be bettered as an instrumental piece by Mike Oldfield or anyone else.