Profile for V. Pennington > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Crossy Road
Crossy Road

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome game!!!!!!!, 19 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Crossy Road (App)
Crossy roads is a fun game for all the family to enjoy. When I saw it on Appstore I knew I had to get it. I really love Crossy roads and I am sure loads of others do to

A Christmas Carol
A Christmas Carol

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful classic tale, 2 Dec. 2015
This review is from: A Christmas Carol (Kindle Edition)
I love Charles Dickens and this is a great introduction to his work for kids as it's fairly short. He has such a wonderful turn of phrase and the narrator really engages the reader as if you were there with him.

The League of Gentlemen - The Complete Collection [DVD] [1999]
The League of Gentlemen - The Complete Collection [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Mark Gatiss

3.0 out of 5 stars I loved loved LOVED Inside No 9 and Psychoville so thought ..., 13 May 2015
I loved loved LOVED Inside No 9 and Psychoville so thought I'd try this and was really looking forward to it. It would have been 5 stars but the canned laughter completely ruined it for me. It was completely unnecessary. We don't need to be told which bits we should find funny. So disappointed :(
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2015 9:16 AM BST

The Cursed Ship, Collector's Edition
The Cursed Ship, Collector's Edition

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable, 9 Feb. 2015
Another great hidden object game with plenty of variety when it comes to the puzzles which keeps it interesting. The graphics are okay.

Pillow Pets Thomas The Tank Engine
Pillow Pets Thomas The Tank Engine

4.0 out of 5 stars Much loved novelty cushion, 16 Dec. 2014
The funnel prevents this from becoming an actual pillow but my son absolutely loves it and it's very soft.

The Lemon Grove
The Lemon Grove

2.0 out of 5 stars Mallorca sounds lovely!, 16 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Lemon Grove (Kindle Edition)
Billed as a tale of forbidden pleasure and 'sexy' but also literary fiction by the Guardian, I was looking forward to reading this. However, I was disappointed. The author's descriptions of Mallorca were wonderful and I could clearly picture the scenery, but the characters weren't particularly likeable. I could not relate to Jenn, the main character, at all - she had no self-restraint in any area of her personality. The sexual scenes, far from sexy, were sordid and uncouth. I can only imagine the author did this deliberately to emphasise the fact that the whole thing was morally wrong. Not great.

The Nothing Girl
The Nothing Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars So beautiful and a little quirky, 5 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Nothing Girl (Kindle Edition)
I admit that when I saw the protagonist is visited by a mystical golden horse I was very sceptical and had second thoughts about reading this book. However, I'm glad I persevered as the way Jodi Taylor writes, it makes it seem perfectly normal. It's touching, sad, funny, dramatic and uplifting and I thoroughly enjoyed it. So much so, that I read it straight through from beginning to end.

Interactive Telling Time - Learning to tell time is fun
Interactive Telling Time - Learning to tell time is fun

5.0 out of 5 stars great for teaching the time, 8 Mar. 2014
This app has really helped my daughter to learn the time. There are lots of different options so children have to set the time as well as guess it. They are rewarded with stars that are used to create a virtual aquarium which was a good motivational tool. Very pleased overall.

Temple Run: Oz
Temple Run: Oz

3.0 out of 5 stars Not to good, 8 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Temple Run: Oz (App)
There are quite a lot of rules that you can't understand but it's not the best game in the world

I Am Pilgrim
I Am Pilgrim

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 24 Nov. 2013
This review is from: I Am Pilgrim (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely loved this book. I was gripped from beginning to end. I found the back story of Saracen fascinating and thought it was interesting that he and Pilgrim shared similar experiences to make them the men they became. Granted there were some convenient coincidences, however I didn't care because overall the book was GREAT!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3