Profile for CEM > Reviews

Content by CEM

CEM "Claire"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Maidenform Women's Sleek Smoothers Wyob Bodybriefer Plain Shaping Bodysuit, Black, Size 10 (Manufacturer Size: Small)

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong item sent?, 28 May 2015
The picture and description for this item do not match the products sent to me. I have 2 strapped bodybriefers from months ago and I adore them. I wished to expand my collection of these items and was sent a different product. The items sent do not have straps, nor do they rise up the back, nor do they have hook and eye closures in the gusset. I received a high wasted strapless pants made by madenform, not the bodybriefers I expected.
They do the job I required but I would have preferred the correct body briefer which also controls above your bra and below your arms.
The item itself is excellent for its shape. They wash well, have minimal 'wedgie' effects and nicely smooth everything down giving a much nicer base shape to layer clothes on.
I kept them due to time restraints but you should be aware that you may not receive what you order, especially when stocks are running low. Both of the items I received were labelled as having 'no bin'. I imagine it is easy to confuse the different styles based I their packaging (a plastic bag) hence why I received the incorrect item.
In short: buy these - they are excellent shapers, but don't buy from this supplier when stocks are low unless you have time to return the item.

50 Sheets Matt White Address Labels 63.5 x 38.1 mm, 21 per A4 sheet, 50 x A4 Sheets 1050 labels (L7160, J8160 Avery TM Compatible) LABELS4U ®TM Branded Product
Offered by Labels4u

3.0 out of 5 stars different product second time around (1 month apart!), 7 Oct. 2014
Different product delivered: I purchased 100 of these sheets a month ago and then purchased 500 just last week. The first batch were wonderful. Excellent quality, fed into my printer without issue and produced faultless stickers. I found it easy to set up the grid on pages for Mac.
The most recent delivery is strange. The backing paper is different and the surface of the stickers is different. When I feed these sheets into my printer it is incapable of gripping them like the other delivery. As a result the printing is all shifted up so only half of the intended text/image is on each sticker. When I print onto the backing paper of these stickers the text/image fits perfectly into the label outlines. This has happened on 5 sheets now and I am yet to get one working correctly. They all have the same amount of displacement and therefore I will have to change the master grid I have to take this into account as I have 495 sheets left in stock!
So, in short if you are buying these for the first time: go for it and be prepared to faff around with your master grid on your pages/word /spreadsheet.
If you are buying from this provider because you have purchased from them before: beware. The product you receive may not be the same quality as you were expecting.
August - Sept 2014
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2015 5:29 PM GMT

Alphabet
Alphabet
by Matthew Van Fleet

5.0 out of 5 stars The animal expressions are wonderful, 7 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Alphabet (Hardcover)
A great book full of touchy feely sections, flaps, buttons and pulls. You may not know all of the animals but the guide in the back helps. My girl (2.5) loves making the warthog shake mud everywhere and make the kangaroos jump. I love the faces on the animal parents when their youngsters play rough with Daddy or squirt water at their mummy. I can empathise with them completely.
My daughter has learned the names of many unusual creatures and fruits: unicorn beetle, zorilla, junco, quoll, ugli fruit, and skink are all part of her vocabulary now!
Don't buy if you want to teach the alphabet though: there are much better purpose made books out there for that!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and exactly as advertised., 7 Aug. 2014
Took 4 weeks to arrive (consider this if you need it for a specific event).
When it did arrive the colour was as advertised and the medium fit a size 10-12 well but was very slightly on the large side (but didn't gap or fall down). The bottoms were very comfy and flattering. The top had a slight padded effect due to the cup structure.

Kitchen Craft Expanding Stay Fresh Acrylic Bread Keeper
Kitchen Craft Expanding Stay Fresh Acrylic Bread Keeper

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for medium-large height loaves, 7 Aug. 2014
We've used this daily since its purchase 5 months ago and it hasn't failed us yet. I struggle to cut bread without the guide: it makes it so easy and means there is less waste from crooked or too thick slices.
Despite using sharp Global knives on the plastic cutter it has not broken or snapped: the base is, however, obviously cut, especially at the first space but it causes no functionality or hygiene concerns.
The plastic guide cutter does not fit upright in the storage box unless you turn it backwards, you can lie it on its side though. It is not intuitive to fit it inside.
If you have a panasonic bread maker know that medium and large loaves will fit height wise (large is a tight squeeze), extra large will not.

Hasbro - Play Doh Classic
Hasbro - Play Doh Classic
Offered by Synergy Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect condition, 7 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Hasbro - Play Doh Classic (Toy)
Great colour selection in excellent condition. I found these a bargain to purchase. Otherwise, it's playdoh: smells fine, easy to shape and manipulate, doesn't stain hands and comes in an easy to use watertight storage container with a colour coded lid.

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
by Eric Carle
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 7 Aug. 2014
A great book: sturdy. It does have a teacher in it which my friends version does not.
The pictures and words are compelling and it interests my 2.5 year old and 6month old alike.
It is also lovely to sign to if you take baby signing classes.

VELUX Telescopic Rod Pole To Operate VELUX Blinds Skylight Roof Window
VELUX Telescopic Rod Pole To Operate VELUX Blinds Skylight Roof Window
Offered by Itzala Blinds

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 7 Aug. 2014
An excellent official product. It has a metal head coated in plastic and is easy to use. it has 3 adjustable lengths and stores easily. Delivery was quick and I haven't experienced any damage to the wood on my windows despite daily use.

Doc McStuffins Doctors Bag Playset, Styles May Vary
Doc McStuffins Doctors Bag Playset, Styles May Vary
Offered by MedClub

5.0 out of 5 stars A favorite in our household, 7 Aug. 2014
A fantastic and sturdy kit. The bag is a little hard to open for small hands and is a bit of a danger for pinching skin when closing if you're not careful. The bag is very sturdy and has stood up to me falling on top of it without cracking. The stethoscope has bottoms on the front and back and when depressed these cause a 'magical sparkle' sound to happen. It's not too loud and I don't find it annoying after repeated use.
The blood pressure cuff does not inflate but the dial does move when you compress the balloon - but sometimes the balloon does get stuck in the compressed position.
The handles are all solid and have a purple glitter on them which does not come off easily.
The otoscope has a small clear viewing circle in it so your child can look through it.
This is THE favourite toy in my household at the moment. The thermometer and the plaster see minimal use but everything else is used daily and has stood the test of time and a very physical toddler.
Be prepared to be poked and prodded a lot.

Crayola Dry Erase Washable Dry Erase Markers
Crayola Dry Erase Washable Dry Erase Markers

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product, 7 Aug. 2014
Yes these are small, <1cm in width and the length is 10.5cm with the lid on.
The colours are vibrant, all of them worked and they wash out of everything my toddler has gotten them on (which is unusual for dry wipe!).
We wipe them off less than an hour after they touch the wipe clean workbook (Priddy) that she has and they haven't left any permanent marks or shadows. We tend to always use a damp cloth because that's what my little girl insists on so I can't comment on how easily they erase with just a dry cloth.
I will buy as gifts for toddlers in the future.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4