Profile for Francis Limung > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Cooking Fever
Cooking Fever

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 16 July 2015
This review is from: Cooking Fever (App)
I'm at level 23. Still fun.

The Power of Full Engagement: Managing Energy, Not Time, Is the Key to High Performance and Personal Renewal
by Jim Loehr

5.0 out of 5 stars this is one of the best non-fiction. The writers show off their knowledge, 31 May 2015
Really worth reading. Of all the books I've read, this is one of the best non-fiction. The writers show off their knowledge.

Yes! 50 Secrets from the Science of Persuasion
Yes! 50 Secrets from the Science of Persuasion
by Noah J. Goldstein

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 31 May 2015
Very easy to read and full of interesting aspects of human psychology!

Better You Magnesium Original Flakes 1kg
Better You Magnesium Original Flakes 1kg

2.0 out of 5 stars Better use of your money would be a chlorine filter ..., 31 May 2015
Rather expensive for something that will be washed down the drain...

Better use of your money would be a chlorine filter - (just about every major town/ city in the world has chlorine or other sterilising chemicals in, which harm you skin). You can get a chlorine filtering shower head for £26.99.

Duronic HP1SS Stainless Steel Single Table Top Hot Plate / Boiling Hob with Handles
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful electric hot plate, 31 May 2015
I bought this last year. Still going strong after 6 months of medium use. Just plug in. It is now my main and only hob.

128GB QUMOX SD XC 128 GB SDXC Class 10 UHS-I Secure Digital Memory Card HighSpeed Write Speed 40MB/s read speed 80MB/S
Offered by Sunwood-UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as fast as advertised, 3 Sept. 2014
My 32GB Sandisk card, which has a quoted speed of 30MB/s, writes at about 12MB/s.

This card, which has a quoted speed of 60MB/s, writes at about 10MB/s.

Both tested with a movie file, with a USB 3.0 reader, and in my laptop's card reader. Why is this "faster" card actually slower? I think someone has been telling porky pies.

TRIXES Travel Money Belt for Security Pouch Passport Cash Money Holiday
TRIXES Travel Money Belt for Security Pouch Passport Cash Money Holiday
Offered by Digiflex

2.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, 3 Dec. 2013
Very, very large. Very thick. Very padded. I can't understand why.

I bought it, and put it in the bin after 1 day. Not suitable for hot climates at all.

Canon Powershot A2500 ( 16 MP,5 x Optical Zoom,2.7 -inch LCD )
Canon Powershot A2500 ( 16 MP,5 x Optical Zoom,2.7 -inch LCD )

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and easy to use, 1 Dec. 2013
I bought this in a store while on holiday.

Firstly, the quality of the pictures I took with this camera far exceeded my expectations for something so cheap. I can't imagine a better camera for £60. I spent over an hour in a store trying out various cameras, including the more expensive Powershot with wifi (AVOID, the wifi function was tedious and slow).

Unlike the other reviewer, I find the Canon menu system here really easy to use, and fast too. I bought this camera while I was on holiday, where it was stolen, and I'm considering buying it again because it is so good.

Also, the videos are great. You can zoom while filming, and the camera does very well indoors where lighting is poor. Low light photos are boosted so you can see the shot better. This is not totally accurate, but the photos look better as a result.

If you want a cheap camera to take better photos than your phone does, buy this. If you have a budget of £100, you can get something better, but for £60, the Canon A2500 won't dissappoint.

The Calcium Lie: What Your Doctor Doesn't Know Could Kill You
The Calcium Lie: What Your Doctor Doesn't Know Could Kill You

3.0 out of 5 stars In 2 minds about this book, 9 Oct. 2013
After experiencing negative effects from taking calcium supplements (deposits on my elbow), I knew there was something my doctor wasn't telling me. Certainly this book has a lot of very interesting insight. However, it is poorly written, and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Half way through the book I decided to cut out all high calcium food from diet (which has always been high in raw vegetables). Unfortunately this caused me joint pain. Obviously I had cut virtually all calcium out of my diet. You could be forgiven if that's what you take home after finishing the book. The authors ramble on repetitively about the dangers of calcium throughout the book. The fact is, we need balance in our diets. And the good news? Once I had returned to my normal healthy diet, my joint pain improved.

Hopefully this review won't put people off buying this book, because many interesting topics are raised. The information probably isn't available anywhere else in the book store. Just make sure you are getting your calcium (and all your other minerals) from somewhere.

Herpes Can Be Totally Cured
Herpes Can Be Totally Cured

2.0 out of 5 stars Very brief, 27 Sept. 2013
Contains a recommendation for a natural treatment plan, and virtually nothing else. More of a leaflet than a book. Catchy title... will certainly appeal to the desperate. Perhaps if you follow the treatment plan (echinacea, st john's wort and Olive leaf extract) it could help, although I found dedicated anti-viral herb treatment, like the "Clear Cold Sores" capsules, to be more helpful in a short period of time.

Page: 1 | 2