Profile for Ms M. D. Bayford > Reviews

Content by Ms M. D. Bayford

Ms M. D. Bayford

The Protocol (A James Acton Thriller, Book #1)
The Protocol (A James Acton Thriller, Book #1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid holiday read, 2 Jun. 2015
Plenty of action. Like the central character. Well ended, which is good and I plan to read his next book.

The Franchise Affair
The Franchise Affair

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a well written detective story - without a detective...., 13 Dec. 2013
It's a dated book as it was written some 60+ years ago but I think it is all the more lovely for that as we see rural England of that time - similar to Agatha Christie. An unusual story line - not what you might typically expect - which keeping you going throughout. I bought this as a re-read as I had loved it so much. I wasn't disappointed second time round. Highly recommended

The Peppermints
The Peppermints

4.0 out of 5 stars a good short story ..., 28 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Peppermints (Kindle Edition)
I bought this because I love the way Martha Rofheart writes. She was the first person to give me a grasp of history [my teacher at school was not inspirational] that I could understand and relish. The Peppermints was a lovely story based on the memories from the authors early life and gave me a feel for what life was like back then as seen through a child's eye. Although written by an adult I felt very much in touch with the child. The characters were strong, it was a shame it was not a full story ....

Happy Fall
Happy Fall

4.0 out of 5 stars fun!, 7 July 2013
This review is from: Happy Fall (App)
great fun but frustrating as well. Quick to do and repeat when you go wrong. Colourful and simple - sometimes that's all you need ...

BLOCK x 3
BLOCK x 3

4.0 out of 5 stars easy fun that makes you think, 7 July 2013
This review is from: BLOCK x 3 (App)
A simple enough game - but quickly becomes challenging. Each puzzle is quick to solve or fail ..... so you can go over and over it. There are puzzles you just can't believe are do-able. Makes you think ....

Philips PerfectCare Expert GC9230/02 Steam Generator Iron - One Perfect temperature - 240g Pressurised Steam Boost

5.0 out of 5 stars it does just what the previous reviewers said ..., 7 July 2013
I'm not going to say too much as there are some thorough and excellent reviews done on this item already. I suggest you read them and believe in them and put hand in your pocket to buy this item .... it really is worth it in my opinion.

It takes some getting used to - about ten minutes - because:
* it's a bit noisier at times when the steam goes through so it sounds a bit industrious. It sounds like it is doing it's job which, of course it is. You get used to the noise quickly and it's just a bit noisier than a standard steam iron. No big deal.
* the iron can move faster over the cloth. When I did it too fast I made a crease - but swished the iron back and the crease disappeared! Ironing is FASTER!
* you really can go from ironing something silky onto some dried-to-the-bone-denim without having to think about it. There is no temperature gauge cos you don't need to think about it!
* you don't have to worry about your ironing pile being too dry - it won't be a problem.
* you are less likely to have a huge ironing pile because the though of ironing won't make your stomach clench. Sure, I don't like ironing and I don't think I ever will but I don't dread it now and I can get through the pile much quicker
* you don't have to keep filling the tank. I haven't yet had to do a mid-iron fill but admittedly I don't have a huge family ...
* I tend to keep the iron and tank on the chest of drawers so it is at the same height as my board. The iron is a bit lighter and you don't have to press down on the items you are ironing - so it is physically a lot less demanding.
* If you really want to improve your ironing experience and can afford this iron [it IS expensive I know] I really recommend this product. Read the detailed reviews above and have faith ...... :D

TOP cartridge Compatible Ink Cartridges Replacement for HP 363XL and HP363XL (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Light Cyan, Light Magenta) Extra High Capacity
Offered by TOP cartridge

5.0 out of 5 stars do give this a go!!, 9 Feb. 2013
LIke others, I was a bit sceptical about this item but decided to give it a go as there was so many positive comments and the product was cheap. It works! I have an HP printer and have gritted my teeth when buying refill cartridges but although this ink set is only "compatible" it does the trick perfectly at about a quarter of the price. I don't know how long the cartridges will last but they feel substantial in weight and at the price it doesn't really matter to me. I will now always buy my cartridges here .... give it a go, I don't think you will be disappointed.