Profile for K9Keith > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Wild Flowers
Wild Flowers

1.0 out of 5 stars A quiz on flower pictures, 20 Dec 2014
This review is from: Wild Flowers (App)
More a quiz than a useful guide. What is wrong with a list of flowers which takes you to detailed information with photos. This is of no use as an identification guide and I doubt anyone would get much use out of it.

Herbs
Herbs

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as it could be, 20 Dec 2014
This review is from: Herbs (App)
Not a very useful app. I wanted something whereby I could search for a specific herb and find info about it.

A Year of Paper Piecing: 12 Sensational Seasonal Designs (Block a Month)
A Year of Paper Piecing: 12 Sensational Seasonal Designs (Block a Month)
by Beverly Maxvill

3.0 out of 5 stars Expensive for what it is, 20 Dec 2014
This is a present so hopefully the recipient will like it. To me, it seems expensive and at the price it was I would have expected it to be shrink-wrapped. It arrived in a box with other items with a bent corner.

Beano and Dandy Giftbook 2014 (Annuals 2014)
Beano and Dandy Giftbook 2014 (Annuals 2014)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant value and a free Beano banger!, 10 Oct 2014
Finally got round to buying this after a year's procrastination. This really takes me back to when my son was young and we (especially me) looked forward to the Christmas Beano and its take on a popular carol. All those covers collected into 1 book - I may even let him read it (as long as he washes his hands first!). I'm now looking forward to sharing this with my 18month old granddaughter.
...and there was even a Beano banger included with it!

Celtic Mythology
Celtic Mythology
by Geddes & Grosset

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly out-dated writing style but a good overview, 10 Oct 2014
This review is from: Celtic Mythology (Hardcover)
The language is a bit out-dated, and the book still tries to propogate the myth of the "horrific human sacrifices" carried out by the Druids, but otherwise a good overview of Celtic mythology with a very useful glossary. A pronunciation guide would also have been useful.
However, how can I really be critical when I only paid £2.80 for a secondhand copy in brilliant condition, better than some of the new books I buy?

Sylvanian Families Ornate Garden Table and Chairs
Sylvanian Families Ornate Garden Table and Chairs

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully detailed, 9 Sep 2014
Wonderfully detailed - my 16month old granddaughter loved playing with this item - under close supervision, and not once did she try to eat it!

Stations of the Sun: A History of the Ritual Year in Britain
Stations of the Sun: A History of the Ritual Year in Britain
by Ronald Hutton

1.0 out of 5 stars Not an OUP printed copy, 20 July 2014
Nothing wrong with the actual text of the book but I'm not really happy paying publisher's prices for a book that is printed by Amazon. This should be made clear in the book description. Amazon is no longer my first choice for books.

Ogam: The Celtic Oracle of the Trees: Understanding, Casting, and Interpreting the Ancient Druidic Alphabet
by Paul Rhys Mountfort

4.0 out of 5 stars Worrying error in the introduction, 17 Feb 2014
The book as a whole looks good but I was somewhat concerned when reading the introduction that the fews (Ogam representations) for 3 of the first five trees were mixed up. A pretty basic error which should really have been picked up before publication. Wonder what the rest of the book holds?

Monty Python's Flying Circus (Vintage Beeb)
Monty Python's Flying Circus (Vintage Beeb)
by BBC Audiobooks America
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Why does it still have this effect?, 9 Oct 2013
Despite buying this originally on LP when it first came out, repeatedly watching the shows, owning the book of the scripts, this version still has all of the sketches sounding as funny as when I first heard them, even though I can repeat them practically word-for-word. It's not very often I can get to hear one of my favourite words - plummet - which can only ever apply to a flying sheep or to Calamity James' pet lemming Alexander.

TY Beanie Baby - SCRAT the Squirrel from Ice Age - plush toy
TY Beanie Baby - SCRAT the Squirrel from Ice Age - plush toy

5.0 out of 5 stars The incomparable Scrat, 29 Mar 2013
Although I'm far too old to be buying things like this for myself, I couldn't resist Scrat. The last animated character to appeal like this was Taz - The Tasmanian Devil.
Scrat arrived in a large package with some CDs I had ordered, and had a slightly wonky tooth - too many acorns I suppose. This soon straightened out though and he is now standing on a box of pastels in the studio and desparately searching for acorns.

Page: 1 | 2