Profile for Mr Q > Reviews

Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 500ml
Offered by Maximum Supplements
Price: 9.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Not very flavoursome, 30 Nov 2013
Bought it in a local health shop just slightly under Amazon price with free delivery. Was cheaper than any other raw coconut oil in the shop, so decided to try it. Before that I only ever bought Biona's stuff, which smelled of coconut intensely, this one is far more subtle, though still obvious coconut, may suit people who don't want to buy refined oil but want less of a coconut smell and flavour. Also there is something about consistency of this one - it goes softer quicker and tastes/feels a bit more greasy than the other unrefined coconut oil I tried.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2014 6:03 PM BST

Railblaza 04402011 Rod Holder II Star Port Kit - Black
Railblaza 04402011 Rod Holder II Star Port Kit - Black
Price: 25.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Really excellent product, 11 Sep 2012
After hearing about railblaza from friends I bought this rod holder to go on my kayak. It is good quality, has some nice design features and the starport it fits into doesn't stick out when I remove the holder to transport the kayak. I'll probably try some other accessories and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants value for money rather than the cheapest.

Two Lipsticks and a Lover
Two Lipsticks and a Lover
by Helena Frith Powell
Price: 6.39

3.0 out of 5 stars Superficial. Interesting review ratio on here., 4 Jun 2012
I read the book a few years ago and found it quite superficial and not particularly engaging.
Now trying to remember the name of the author I came back to the title and was surprised to find so many positive reviews. Was even more surprised that so many of them sound like they were written by the same person(or two persons- one a professional journalist, another a gushing airhead). And 95% of the "people" who left the positive reviews don't have any other reviews on Amazon at all, hmmm, while all the people who gave 3 stars or less have left reviews for other things on Amazon too. What are the chances!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 12, 2012 11:43 AM BST

Skechers Women's Shape-ups Sleek Fit Ballerina
Skechers Women's Shape-ups Sleek Fit Ballerina

3.0 out of 5 stars conspicuous labelling, 17 May 2011
I bought these shoes not for their exercising value (no results to report here, but I was and am reasonably fit anyway), but because they seem to get thumbs up for comfort from most people. I got a black pair, and I didn't realise that it would have bright silver lettering on the straps, saying Shape-ups. It's very conspicuous and impossible to miss. Makes me feel that they might have just as well put 'lazy unfit people shoes' on the straps. :o/

Now EVERYONE I meet who sees me in those shoes for the first time and even some strangers go, ahh, you got those Skechers!! trying to shape up, are you! I find it exteremely annoying, I've given up on trying to explain to people they are not for shaping up in my case, I wouldn't wear them for my running. I have various leg and feet problems I am far less tired in these shoes after walking even for a long while, so they've been brilliant for that. However, due to their design but especially this lettering on the straps I cannot wear them with anything remotely feminine, which is a shame because I own lots of dresses and skirts which would look ridiculous with these shoes.

Friends, Lovers And Other Indiscretions
Friends, Lovers And Other Indiscretions
by Fiona Neill
Price: 5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars another disappointed reader, 5 Mar 2011
Like most people here I thoroughly enjoyed Slummy Mummy and was excited to discover this book in a charity shop, and was surprised I hadn't heard of it before - now I know why. I'm a passionate reader but reading this was just like lugging a ton of bricks, it felt so artificially put together, didn't have the concision and wit of the Slummy Mummy. Okay, even if there was no previous book to compare it with, it was just poorly written. On every other page I wanted to give up, but unfortunately I usually feel I owe it to the author to finish their book once I started. Sometimes the perseverance pays off, but this time I felt like I've wasted my time unfortunately.

Some little things left me wondering, like all the characters are all on a remotest island with no mobile signal and intermittent telephone line connection, with the telephone being the old bakelite thing etc, but somehow the computer genius teenager effortlessly connects to the internet via a telephone wire. He might be a genius, but even with a dial-up connection you need an internet provider to be able to connect to the internet! and he can't have been using an independent from the house mobile internet provider because it was emphasized there was no mobile signal anywhere in the house. Did she think people would just take it for granted, that 'somehow' it's possible? Some other similar moments just screamed 'slapdash' and not enough research or not caring enough. Obvioulsy not the worst book ever, but shame about such a talented author producing such a mediocre result :(

Ecozone Magnoball - Anti-Limescale Ball for Washing Machine & Dishwasher  Lasts up to 10 years
Ecozone Magnoball - Anti-Limescale Ball for Washing Machine & Dishwasher Lasts up to 10 years
Price: 9.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Could just use a ball for the washing machine, a magnet for the dishwasher :), 24 Nov 2010
I was writing a review for the magnetic toilet limescale removers which I purchased at the same time as this ball, and thought I should share my idea here as well.

As far as I can tell these products are all rubber encased magnets. I kept moving the ball from a washing machine to my dishwasher and then thought why not just put a magnet in the dishwasher cutlery basket? I wouldn't put a heavy magnet in the washing machine for obvious reasons, though I know lots of people who have been using (old baldish) tennis balls for years to reduce the amount of washing powder needed. I personally never use more than 1 tablet per load, or 1.5 tablet for stuff with actual mud/dirt/stains on it, also I don't like my laundry to have a distinct smell of detergent rather than clean freshness. So any ball would help to do the job, and hopefully the magnetic properties of this ball reduce the lime in the water.

I recently moved in a very hard water area, and everything I washed in the dishwasher came out covered in calcium residue if I used a short cycle. All my glassware turned grey, in spite of using loads of salt+rinsing liquid! That's why I started investigating how to reduce the lime in the water without installing a water-softerner.

The shortest dishwashing cycle with a magnoball still resulted in some dusty residue, but there was less of it. In any case now just put a big magnet in the cutlery box and use this ball in the washing machine, it's soft and flexible enough to not damage the drum and extra beating action will definitely help in making the clothes cleaner.

Ecozone Magnoloo Anti-Limescale Toilet Descaler Twin Pack
Ecozone Magnoloo Anti-Limescale Toilet Descaler Twin Pack
Price: 9.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Can just use a magnet instead?, 24 Nov 2010
I've been using these for over a month, can't tell if they work or not :). If you know at what rate limescale builds up in your toilets would be easier to tell, but we just moved (into an extremely hard water area - hence the purchase!) so I'm not sure. Was a bit troublesome to put in the bowl since have a dual-flush cistern and did not know how to take off the lid. Taking time to investigate how to do it made me wonder why I bought them, I have plenty of magnets in the house, and as far as I can tell they are basically just rubber-encased magnets.

I think as long as you get a magnet big enough that it stays at the bottom of the toilet cistern, it should produce the same effect, cannot see why not. The same goes about a dishwasher magnoball, better go and write about it in the magnoball reviews!

Yeah and give your toilet bowl a good descaling with a limescale remover (not just bleach)before you start using it to be able to appreciate the effect (if there is one) better!

Update: have had them in the upstairs loos for 7 months now, and didn't have anything in the downstairs loo. The amounth of limescale is about the same, tolerable but still need to use bleach or limescale removers. We use the downstairs loo far less often that upstairs ones, so I guess the fact that that the limescale builds up at about the same pace in all of them means that these magnets do work though if you live in a hard water area they won't replace the chemicals altogether.

Legler Mobile Ladybird
Legler Mobile Ladybird
Offered by Toybroker-UK
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 22 Sep 2010
This review is from: Legler Mobile Ladybird (Toy)
Looks more expensive than its price and is bigger than I imagined. Lovely chunky wooden ladybirds and an even cuter caterpillar in the apple. Enjoyable and fun to look at - I currently share the bedroom with my baby and love looking at the mobile much as she does :), and it doesn't spoil our 'adult' bedroom, it's a bit like a little piece of (folk)art.
My one piece of criticism would be that the string it hangs on, though obviously very strong, feels dangerously thin, I'd prefer something more like a ribbon.

Maternity Support Belt-White-10/12
Maternity Support Belt-White-10/12
Offered by Ana Wiz Ltd
Price: 12.30

2.0 out of 5 stars Do not recommend- too narrow and hard-edged, 4 April 2010
This review is from: Maternity Support Belt (Apparel)
I used to have a similar looking support belt in a previous pregnancy 10 years ago and bought this one thinking it'd be the same. ALL support belts have a tendency to roll up and make you sweaty and itchy, esp. when it's hot, but my previous one was much softer, wider and also more 'cushiony' at the front, so it'd more or less take the shape of my belly after a few uses and be much more comfortable, plus would provide much more support being wider.

This is just a rather narrow strip(in my opinion looks slightly wider in the picture than it is in real life) of velcro-ed elastic which is the same width throughout, with hard edges which dig into your belly when you sit down and even when you walk. In my previous belt the adjustable flaps were sort of wing shaped and rounded, while in this belt they end in hard right angles, which add to the poking and digging in sensation unless you make absolutely sure they never overlap the velcro area. I regret purchasing it.

Waterpik Cordless Dental Cleaning jet irrigator wp360
Waterpik Cordless Dental Cleaning jet irrigator wp360

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed after 2 months, no response from warranty people, 22 Aug 2009
Mine stopped charging or showing any signs of life after only 2 months! I bought it online from a reliable source but it was past 'return to shop date', obviously still under warranty.
However, the only access to warranty was an email address, saying to provide the details of purchase. Send several emails, never got any response. Wouldn't deal with Waterpik again.

Page: 1 | 2