Profile for Betty76 > Reviews

De'Longhi DEM10 Compact Dehumidifier
De'Longhi DEM10 Compact Dehumidifier
Price: 130.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Pricey but does the job, 11 Jan 2012
I hesitated over buying this as it seemed quite pricey. We had a leak in our basement flat and I bought it to speed up the drying process, and am glad I did. When the flat was at its wettest, this dehumidifier was filling up its tank overnight. I thought that was very effective. It does have an auto-shut-off, so it will turn itself off when full (or there is a hose you could place in a sink so it drains as it goes).
It is not light, but I am still able to move it from room to room to make the most of its powers.

Kitchen Craft Chrome Plated Wire Banana Stand
Kitchen Craft Chrome Plated Wire Banana Stand
Price: 3.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price and useful, 11 Jan 2012
I bought this item to slip under my fruit bowl so the bananas hang over the top. Keeps them fresh, without being so close to the other fruit that it over ripens them.
It is a pretty basic piece of kit, but does the job. It is a good price for what it is.

Kitchen Craft Magnetic Knife Rack, 33 cm
Kitchen Craft Magnetic Knife Rack, 33 cm
Offered by SUAS INTERNATIONAL
Price: 4.16

4.0 out of 5 stars No more knives in drawers, 11 Jan 2012
I bought this for my mother-in-law because I was getting scared of putting my hand in the kitchen knife drawer. This is a much safer and tidier alternative.

Kitchen Craft 30 cm Deluxe Cast Magnetic Knife Rack
Kitchen Craft 30 cm Deluxe Cast Magnetic Knife Rack
Price: 7.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Really useful - especially if you don't have much counter/ drawer space, 11 Jan 2012
I am really happy with this magnetic knife-holder. It is quite sleek looking and is very useful. We have limited counter and storage space in our kitchen, so we have no room to put our knives in a drawer, or in a block on the counter. I also think this is quite a safe way to store sharp knives - better than having to put your hand in a drawer with sharp objects.
It is realtively easy to put up. It came with nails, but no instructions. Sometimes it needs re-adjusting on the wall as it shifts.

Doggie Doo Game
Doggie Doo Game
Price: 16.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for all the family!, 11 Jan 2012
This review is from: Doggie Doo Game (Toy)
This game is hystercial!
I gave this to my two-year-old nephew for Christmas and he (and all the family) loved it. It is just good, silly fun. There is no educational value to this game at all (unless you are planning on getting a puppy for your kids, and what to teach them how to poopa-scoop).
The squelchy noises as the putty makes its way through the dog are an added bonus.
It is quite pricey for what it is, and although the dog seems quite durable, if the putty gets on the carpet, it picks up fluff. But who can put a price on something which made everyone from a two-year-old to his grandmother laugh out load?!

Awkward Family Photos
Awkward Family Photos
by Mike Bender
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, 11 Jan 2012
This review is from: Awkward Family Photos (Paperback)
This book made a fun stocking filler for my brother-in-law. Good value for money, as it has lots of photos in it - not just a funny title with little substance. These guys have also published an even funnier 'Awkward Family Pet Photos' edition. Hilarious.

New Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard Aluminium Cover for iPad 2 - White / silver WITH FREE FRONT & BACK SCREEN PROTECTOR by KING OF FLASH (TM)
Offered by KING OF FLASH
Price: 14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good iPad stand and case - key board a bit stiff, 11 Jan 2012
This case is good value for money, and a good idea. The way that you are able to stand the iPad up is very useful and the case is sturdy. However, the keyboard is quite stiff and makes the item seem cheaper than it was. But does the job.

Awkward Family Pet Photos
Awkward Family Pet Photos
by Mike Bender
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 11 Jan 2012
I gave this book to my brother-in-law for Christmas and all the family enjoyed it. It is jam-packed full of unbelievable photos and commentary. There is a lot more material in the book than I expected - more than just a funny title. Good value.

Childrens World Map Puzzleball on Plastic Stand
Childrens World Map Puzzleball on Plastic Stand
Offered by one-stop-eshop
Price: 15.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for a child - fun, interactive and educational, 11 Jan 2012
My six-year-old nephew is delighted with this globe puzzle ball that I gave him for Christmas. He did need some help from his dad putting it together, but he was able to learn a bit of maths, as well as geography along the way ('We agreed that we would be half way there when we had put together 90 out of the 180 jigsaw pieces. And then we would be half way around the world, because we would be at the equator.'!)
Not only is this 'toy' fun to put together, it is something he can keep and refer to - every child needs an atlas or globe.
The puzzle pieces are more durable than regular cardboard pieces as they are made of a more plasticy material. I watched my other two-year-old nephew throw the completed globe around, and it seemed fine. The stand has not fared so well, and has broken.
A good value article. I might buy the grown-up version for his dad next year.

Taylors Eye Witness Classic Chantry Knife Sharpener - Chrome
Taylors Eye Witness Classic Chantry Knife Sharpener - Chrome

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and does the job, 11 Oct 2011
I just ran our knives through this sharpener a couple of times (tentatively!) and I was amazed that I could tell the difference already.

The instructions say that you can even use serrated knives in it - which I have done. It hasn't ruined the knives, but I have not seen an instant improvement as I have with my straight knives - I will try again.

Pricey piece, but worth it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3