Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Orbitsound M9 Bluetooth Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer
Offered by Electrical Experience
Price: 299.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Badly built?, 24 Nov 2013
We bought this sound bar like many other reviews - because of the size and Bluetooth. It was also sold to above other sound bars and I liked the idea it's a British company. However, when we set it up the sound kept cutting out on music and tv playback. As it was still under manufacturer warranty, we sent it for repair. It came back with a new main board, but also dented. We were very lucky because the shop we bought it has great service and they gave us a brand new one. I got it home yesterday and the sub woofer doesn't work. Plug it in. No light. I am really disappointed by the build quality of this product. When it works, it's great. You can call it super bad luck that I had two dodgy products but statistically it doesn't convince me of build quality. Now I am taking it back and getting my money back so I can research another and better build quality bar before I purchase a new one. But it won't be orbit sound, which is a shame because I really wanted to love it!

Apple iPod nano 4GB - Black [MA107FB/A]
Apple iPod nano 4GB - Black [MA107FB/A]

2.0 out of 5 stars Great sound - when the battery works, 19 Feb 2006
I will soon be onto my third I-pod nano because the battery does not charge and runs out after less than four hours of use. The hassle I am having with to-ing and fro-ing and time without my I-pod is not worth it - buy a model that does not have battery problems! Apple claim the original battery problems covered by the media in America were sorted out but they are not!
I went to a high street shop for them to test my I-pod with a new usb cable because I was going to buy a wall charger and they told me about 30% of the I-pod Nanos they sell are returned. The fact I now need to change my second one for a third unit is more than just bad luck - it is a design fault that despite claims by Apple has not been corrected (or the units still for sale are the 'old' design before correction). Here is my experience:
I bought an I-pod nano 4 GB last November 2005 and couldn't wait to use it. Downloading songs was super simple...but the battery lasted about three hours before it needed recharging. When I used the usb cable it would not recharge (the I-pod nano does not come with a wall charger - that is £20-£25 extra!).
I called the technical help at Apple, who went through several operations from resetting my I-pod to suggesting it was the usb cable not working. When I insisted it wasn't the cable because I could still download songs he gave me my nearest sales office for Apple. As it was in the middle of an industrial estate and I don't have a car I had to wait a week to take it in. They immediately offered to take mine and get me a new unit. I was happy with the service. One week later we had to go back again and pick up the new one (they wanted to charge £10 to send it by courier even though they had sold a faulty unit!). We downloaded our music all over again and charged up the battery. The sound was fantastic...until four hours of use later the battery was right down...and would not recharge AGAIN!
I went to a high street shop who tried it out with the cable, then one of their cables. They advised me it was the unit and I would have to exchange it AGAIN! So, soon I will be onto my third I-pod Nano. Before that though, I have to wait another two weeks without using it because I have to go to the industrial estate, give mine back, wait a week and go and collect my third one.
In short, the great sound and ease of downloading do not compensate for the very poor battery. I had already ordered my nano when I heard about the battery problems Apple have been having. I wish I had got a better model with good battery now. I will update this entry when I get my third I-Pod nano and let you know if it works or if it is another of the 30% that have a fundamental design fault.