Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for parisnewbie > Reviews

Content by parisnewbie

parisnewbie

Page: 1 | 2
Mr Selfridge - Series 4 [DVD] [2016]
Mr Selfridge - Series 4 [DVD] [2016]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Piven
Price: 12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Not easy watching a man fall through progressive stupidity but..., 25 Jun. 2016
I expected to enjoy this series final season and I wasn't disappointed. I have since bought the biography by LindyWoodhead on this man. Hoping for more series of this quality in the near future

The White Queen [DVD]
The White Queen [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rebecca Ferguson
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good but not the best., 16 Sept. 2015
This review is from: The White Queen [DVD] (DVD)
Didn't enjoy this one as much as The Tudors as I thought some of the casting didn't work and some of the acting was rather contrived. Enjoy this period of history and have read the book. Generally happy with this series so far.

Exacompta 18244 Organiser Refill for Exatime 17 Weekly 1 Week per 2 Pages Vertical White Paper January to December in French
Price: 10.45

Dvd ~ Sam Neill
Offered by DVDBRR
Price: 14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 6 Jan. 2015
Damn, they left me on the cutting room floor.

A History of Ireland in 250 Episodes
A History of Ireland in 250 Episodes
by Jonathan Bardon
Price: 13.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Not necessarily the book's fault but the history of Ireland ..., 6 Jan. 2015
Not necessarily the book's fault but the history of Ireland seems just more of the same every century. I got fed up learning about who raped, pillaged, killed, schemed. Surely there's more to history than endless politics?

Mega.Deals4U - PU Leather Flip Card Wallet Case For SAMSUNG GALAXY Y GT S5360 S5363 INCLUDING STYLUS PEN + SCREEN PROTECTOR + CLEANING CLOTH (Blue)
Offered by Mega.Deals4U
Price: 3.85

4.0 out of 5 stars the phone's too small to be comfortable to use, 6 Jan. 2015
Does what it needs to but really, the phone's too small to be comfortable to use.

The Name Of The Rose (1986) (Blu-ray) (Region 2) (Import)
The Name Of The Rose (1986) (Blu-ray) (Region 2) (Import)
Offered by Gravity 4 Dvds
Price: 24.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but not spectacular, 31 Aug. 2013
My boyfriend raved about it and wanted to see it. I'm not a great fan of Sean Connery but OK. It was mildly entertained and a bit of a whodunit but it didn't grip me. I suppose it was the religious context that coloured things for me. Worth a look, just not as great as I'd expected.

Web Marketing & SEO for Beginners: Google DOs & Google DON'Ts
Web Marketing & SEO for Beginners: Google DOs & Google DON'Ts
Price: 3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Well structured, 28 Jan. 2013
I turned the first pages with trepidation because this is a topic that has always seemed mysterious and rather nerdy. Thank goodness for this book. I liked the structure where each key section had a prime rule to follow. This helps the content stick in the mind better.

This book makes you think and you really need to if you are trying to generate quality traffic to your site and blog.The information is useful in all phases of a project. I was building my first website but had a long-running blog so I was chuffed to discover I was already doing a lot of the good stuff. Since reading this book I pay a lot more attention to how I title pages and it works. Now how can I convince someone to link to my site? I can understand now why it's so important. Thank you Brian.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2013 7:51 PM GMT

Website Design Guide  for Private and Business Users - Concepts and Techniques Demystified For Beginners
Website Design Guide for Private and Business Users - Concepts and Techniques Demystified For Beginners
Price: 4.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Covers all the basics, 28 Jan. 2013
I was in the process of building my own site and thought I could do with some tips, or even reassurance. I got both.
It's a useful overview of site design and the pitfalls amateurs may be unaware of. The information is easy to read, even for a newbie. It's tricky for such a book to include all suppliers but Brian at least covers the basics when it comes to hosting, blogging. There's no getting around jargon and that's the strength of this book, it explains it all without making you feel like a dummy. For me that was particularly useful. There were sections where I go a little lost in the midst of HTML and CSS but the book stands up to repeat reading.

I learn better by seeing, especially with technical things so I would have liked a few more illustrations which is why I didn't give it 5 stars. But for a technical person writing for the lay person I thought it was a good buy.

Page: 1 | 2