Profile for J. Nelson-Smith > Reviews

Content by J. Nelson-Smith

J. Nelson-Smith

Genuine Samsung Micro USB Sync Cable / Data Cable / Charging Cable / Charge Cable for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2, Ace Duos , Ace Plus, Ace, Galaxy Beam, Galaxy Mini 2, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S, S Plus, S2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S3 LTE, Galaxy S3 Mini, Galaxy S4 I9500
Offered by GameCyberShop
Price: 2.48

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this cable., 29 April 2014
This cable did not charge my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, neither when connected to the original Samsung mains plug nor my HP laptop. I have returned it for a refund.

HP Pavilion dv6-6c56ea 15.6 inch Laptop PC (Intel Core i7-2670QM Processor, RAM 8GB, HDD 1TB, Windows 7 Home Premium)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent laptop with an amazing spec for the money, 12 Mar 2012
Having used this laptop (my third HP DV laptop) for a week or so now I can say that so far I am very satisfied. The build quality is very good with a lot more metal used it the construction than many of its competitors. I also use a 13 inch Macbook Pro so I know all about Mac build quality, and I would say that this HP machine, whilst not being hewn from a solid block of aluminium, stacks up pretty well against the Apple. The brushed alumnium finish looks very smart. Size-wise it is more compact than my previous HP DV5 and has a full size keyboard that the DV5 lacked. Its also quite a bit lighter than the DV5.

The screen is very good, although I can't say yet what movies look like as I haven't viewed any on this machine. The keyboard is well laid out and very easy and comfortable to use.

Perhaps the main reason I chose this laptop over one of its many competitors was its amazing specification. Getting an i7 processor, 8GB of RAM and a 1TB hard drive for the price was exceptional. I couldn't find anything else anywhere near that spec for the same money and there appear to be other HP DV6 machines costing quite a lot more, with a poorer spec (the bewildering way in which HP configures its range of laptops has always confused me greatly). Getting a 15 inch Apple laptop with this spec would cost about three times the price.

I am hoping that this machine will be trouble free as I have had problems with previous HP machines (my first DV5 had a serious case of the infamous 'blue screen of death' and had to go back to HP many times before it was eventually replaced). I am therefore considering buying an extended warranty.

The Dukan Diet Recipe Book
The Dukan Diet Recipe Book
by Pierre Dukan
Price: 9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Whizzbangsuperfantasticincredible, 18 Sep 2011
How do I start?
This book is sooooo incredible the food turns out to be like Michelin Star (no joke) and they ACTUALLY work!
Having tried the majority of the recipes I found 2 I didn't like but a huge selection of those I did!