Profile for jeanaspin4@breathemail.net > Reviews

Content by jeanaspin4@bre...

jeanaspin4@breathemail.net (Bedfordshire, England)

by Rosamunde Pilcher

5.0 out of 5 stars a curl up and lose yourself book, 14 Oct 2000
This review is from: Winter Solstice (Hardcover)
This was my first time with Rosamund Pilcher and I thoroughly enjoyed it all beit a little heavy to hold in bed! I think her writing is so descriptive, you can see, taste and feel everything she describes. I did not want to put this book down from the very first page. Elfrida, a charming if slightly eccentric past actress of little repute charms you with her eccentricity and her warmth. Heading for Scotland with her sad bereaved friend Oscar they set up house together. You can sense the togetherness of these two without any descriptive sex! and Pilcher introduces her ecclectic characters with delightful ease. I recommend this book to any avid reader of fiction.

by Rosamunde Pilcher

5.0 out of 5 stars a curl up and lose yourself book, 14 Oct 2000
This review is from: Winter Solstice (Hardcover)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2014 10:20 AM GMT