Profile for Salim Karam > Reviews

Con Air [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Nicolas Cage
Price: 5.80

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful action-packed classic!, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Con Air [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
It's funny to say that I had the chance to watch this movie only in 2013! It is a must see classic for lovers of action movies. Nicolas Cage, John Malkovitch, John Cusak, and all cast were great. The blu-ray rendering delivered well and I enjoyed every bit of it!

Elysium [Blu-ray] [2013]
Elysium [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Matt Damon
Price: 8.50

5.0 out of 5 stars I found out that Elysium is a quite underrated movie, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Elysium [Blu-ray] [2013] (Blu-ray)
I got Elysium because I like Matt Damon as actor (since the Bourne series) and the sci-fi genre, and I didn't have the chance to watch it at the movies. I liked the story, acting and effects in the movie, and the blu-ray product was excellent. Maybe some felt that the theme is a little bit deja-vu, but it really depicts that all humanity is fighting for a better life...
The bottom line is that this is a very good movie for those who like Matt Damon and Matrix-like messages...

Star Trek / Star Trek Into Darkness Double Pack [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
Star Trek / Star Trek Into Darkness Double Pack [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Chris Pine
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A powerful Star Trek reboot!, 23 Dec 2013
I remember watching the original Star Trek on TV when I was just a small child, and I liked it but didn't get it all. I thought I'd give it a second chance through this reboot. I got the Star Trek / Star Trek Into Darkness Double Pack Blu-ray box, and I didn't regret it at all! It was a powerful reboot with a powerful sequel, and the quality is really excellent!

Jean-Michel Cousteau's Film Trilogy (Dolphins & Whales/Sharks/Ocean Wonderland Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Jean-Jacques Mantello
Price: 5.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes you on a wonderful journey with a wise message..., 19 Mar 2013
I liked the Cousteau's series of ocean wonders, especially that it is also very fine in 3D. It made me appreciate more the wonders of creation, and it gave me a push to care about nature as much as I can...

Avatar with Limited Edition Lenticular Artwork (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Sam Worthington
Price: 19.14

5.0 out of 5 stars This Avatar 3D version is so good that you think you're at Pandora!, 19 Mar 2013
This Avatar version was wonderful in all respects, but what really impressed me were it's 3D effects which were great throughout the whole movie. As for the movie itself, it's as great a masterpiece as ever... Really James Cameron broke the limits of imagination!

Sherlock Holmes - Complete Collection [DVD]
Sherlock Holmes - Complete Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Brett
Price: 26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Deserves not less than 5 stars!!, 1 Feb 2013
Seeing one of the characters that I enjoy reading about tremendously come to life in this way is awesome! Jeremy Brett really brings to life the famous detective... Now when I read a Sherlock Holmes story in a book, I imagine him in the sequence of events...
The product itself is wonderfully made, and the quality is really superior. I'm enjoying watching the Holmes episodes which faithfully render Sir Arthur Connan Doyle's accounts. A must have for every Holmes fan!