Profile for Mrs. Yvonne K. Savery > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Yvonne K....

Mrs. Yvonne K. Savery (England)

La Sonrisa Etrusca
La Sonrisa Etrusca
by Jose Luis Sampedro

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Difficult, 5 April 2014
This review is from: La Sonrisa Etrusca (Paperback)
Only gave this one star as for me, an intermediate spanish learner, I found it too difficult. Lots of description about scenery when I wanted to read a storey, when it did get to this it was a bit better. Others in my class could read it okay but unfortunately not me, so I gave up. Sure it would be okay for an advanced learner. Would have liked an english version of the book so when I got stuck I could sort it out by reading this one, but evidently there is no english version.

Practice Makes Perfect Spanish Pronouns and Prepositions, Second Edition (Practice Makes Perfect (McGraw-Hill))
by Dorothy Richmond

5.0 out of 5 stars Real help in learning Spanish pronouns, 5 April 2014
The book arrived as stated time wise. Well packed. Real help in understanding spanish pronouns and prepositions. Lots of exercises.

Palabra por Palabra Fifth Edition
Palabra por Palabra Fifth Edition
by Phil Turk

4.0 out of 5 stars Studying spanish, 5 Mar 2013
Worth the money, but does not contain as much as I thought. I have a much better in depth book.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2014 12:57 PM GMT

Nuevo Ele Intermedio: Cuaderno Ejercicios
Nuevo Ele Intermedio: Cuaderno Ejercicios
by Virgilio Borobio

5.0 out of 5 stars Spanish Learning, 16 Jan 2013
Very good book. Everything is in Spanish, no english at all. Somethimes it is a bit difficult and there are other books I have found more interesting and helpful.

Practice in Spanish Grammar: For Students Starting Post-16 Courses (Practice in Grammar)
by Mark Cholij

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Spanish Learning Book., 16 Jan 2013
Excellent book, one of the best for learning Spanish. Good for grammer. I read it every night. When finished I go over it all again. Really good book.

The Pilot's Wife
The Pilot's Wife
by Anita Shreve

5.0 out of 5 stars Holiday Book, 16 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Pilot's Wife (Paperback)
Started to read this whilst I was in New York. You can sit in the park and they have loads of books you can borrow whilst sat there. I enjoyed it very much and when I got home I bought it so I could finish the book. No time to finish it in New York.

Levi's CL Straight 5 Pocket Women's Jeans Early Dawn W32INxL30IN
Levi's CL Straight 5 Pocket Women's Jeans Early Dawn W32INxL30IN
Offered by Budwals Designer clothing Estd 1980

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable, 16 Jan 2013
The garment was too large even though I ordered it in a size lower than I usually take. Also I fel the quality was quite poor. I have bought other Levi's but the material was much better and thicker, this was very thin. Quite disappointed.

Mastering Spanish Vocabulary with Audio MP3: A Thematic Approach (Mastering Vocabulary)
by Jose Maria Navarro

3.0 out of 5 stars Spanish, 17 Aug 2012
Saw a few recommendations for this book on the internet, but was not quite a I thought. Not a bad buy though and I am sure I will be able to use it. Have a much smaller one which does not cover so many topics but I think I find this one better.

When God was a Rabbit
When God was a Rabbit
by Sarah Winman

4.0 out of 5 stars When God Was a Rabbit, 26 Mar 2012
This review is from: When God was a Rabbit (Paperback)
I bought this book because I have the spanish version, which my daughter bought me for Christmas, as I am learning Spanish. I find it very helpful as I can read several pages in spanish and if there is anything I cannot understand or I want to check I can refer to the english version. I do find though that the spanish is more comprehensive and more descriptive. The english version is shorter with less pages, but then perhaps the spanish tend to take longer to say things. All in all a good buy and very helpful.