Profile for Rose > Reviews

Along The Ridgeway
Dvd ~ David Rixon
Offered by grindelwald_prods

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely escape into the country, 12 Sep 2014
This review is from: Along The Ridgeway (DVD)
Along with the rest of Grindelwald Production's DVDs, "Along the Ridgeway" is an excellent documentary. It presents a lovely escape into the country with excellent photography and beautiful scenery. A very peaceful "walk"!

Wainwright Walks Coast To Coast [DVD] [2009]
Wainwright Walks Coast To Coast [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Julia Bradbury

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful scenery along the way, 4 Sep 2014
Although this is a "walking" DVD, I bought it for the beautiful scenery along the route Julia took and as such, would have preferred a slower pace to enjoy the countryside and the quaint villages. But really, it is excellent entertainment as I am now an armchair traveller. The mist and rain Julia encountered at first added to the pleasure of viewing as the photography was excellent. Most enjoyable.

Vikings [DVD]
Vikings [DVD]
Dvd ~ Neil Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and informative, 3 Sep 2014
This review is from: Vikings [DVD] (DVD)
This is an excellent documentary, a thorough history lesson on the Vikings. I learnt so much that I never knew before. It is very well researched and presented with some beautiful photography. Some sunset scenes are spectacular. I also enjoyed the travel nature of the documentary - so much content in one documentary! Thank you.

Wild Africa [DVD]
Wild Africa [DVD]
Dvd ~ Patrick Morris

5.0 out of 5 stars Africa in all its glory!, 3 Sep 2014
This review is from: Wild Africa [DVD] (DVD)
This is an incredible documentary showcasing Africa in all its pristine beauty. It is so inspiring and uplifting as it provides a bit of an escape from everyday life! It is also very refreshing as there are no scenes of the poverty and corruption that is normally presented . There are six episodes: Mountains, Savannah, Deserts, Coasts, Jungle, Lakes and rivers. And, of course, the animals! Thank you BBC for such a beautiful documentary.

National Geographic - Wild Indonesia [DVD]
National Geographic - Wild Indonesia [DVD]

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing, 26 Aug 2014
I was a bit disappointed with this documentary as I found that there was too much detail which seemed to be repeated with each island under discussion. This is probably a very personal opinion as I have read other reviews highly praising the DVD. I should imagine that if one has a keen interest and knowledge of the subject matter, the documentary would please! My preference is for more scenic photography (there were some exceptional scenes, but not enough in my opinion). Probably less animals eating and less cultural scenes of the islanders would have got a four star rating from me! Sorry!

German Wanderlust with Julia Bradbury [DVD]
German Wanderlust with Julia Bradbury [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Most enjoyable, 26 Aug 2014
I enjoyed watching this DVD very much, especially the first two episodes - The Rhine Valley and Bavaria. They reminded me of two holidays I had in recent years in these two areas. It was magic to re-visit them. The scenery is magnificent and the content of each episode was enjoyable. The last two episodes were new areas to me, so I can add informative to my review. I so enjoy these travel documentaries! Thank you.

GCSE Geography Revision Guide (Revision Guides)
GCSE Geography Revision Guide (Revision Guides)
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent general knowledge for the mature reader, 13 Aug 2014
I have purchased a number of these GCSE study guides and have found them excellent and very informative. This Geography Study Guide is no exception. Though they are for young students, I have retired now and am reading them for mental stimulation and general knowledge and am enjoying the process! I also enjoy the jokes and funny remarks. They make for reading easy.

The Great British Countryside [DVD]
The Great British Countryside [DVD]
Dvd ~ Julia Bradbury

5.0 out of 5 stars Most enjoyable adventure, 6 Aug 2014
Most enjoyable DVD. I particularly enjoyed the geological slant to this documentary and the sense of adventure. When I was younger I would have loved to have jaunted as they did and had the adventure of underground caves etc. Now I can do this from the comfort of my armchair and a cup of tea! The photography was excellent and the scenery, breathtaking. Thank you so much for this. I could watch this DVD again and again and experience the adventure too!

The Victorians [DVD]
The Victorians [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Paxman

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing and informative documentary, 29 July 2014
This review is from: The Victorians [DVD] (DVD)
An amazing documentary presenting the history of Victorian times using their art as a primary source of information. It is very well researched and presented. There was so much history that I never knew, so I can add very informative to my review of this DVD. I always enjoy the BBC documentaries because of their quality of production.

GCSE History Modern World History The Revision Guide
GCSE History Modern World History The Revision Guide
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! Not just for young students!, 19 July 2014
The CGP REVISION GUIDES are absolutely excellent. I have retired now and have bought a number of these revision guides for subjects that I am interested in and I have found them to be of a very high standard. This Modern World History guide has helped me understand this history and fill in the "missing pieces " so-called! I was a young adult at the time of post World War 2 and bringing up a family during the other events discussed in the revision guide. I have now been able to understand the issues better and comprehend what was really going on at the time. I also feel that I have gained greater insight into international politics and challenges in the world today. Thank you so much for these books. They are not just for young students!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10