Profile for Rose > Reviews

NASA's Greatest Missions 6DVD Box Set
NASA's Greatest Missions 6DVD Box Set
Offered by The Canny Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and entertaining, 28 Dec. 2013
This DVD met all my expectations. It is informative as well as entertaining. The Mercury, the Gemini as well as the Apollo missions are covered. Also included is the Shuttle programmme, launching of the Hubble telescope and the international space station. It recorded their goals, their high moments and their low, their joys and pains, their failures and their successes. Good general knowledge!

Ancient Worlds [DVD] (2010)
Ancient Worlds [DVD] (2010)
Dvd ~ Richard Miles

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 13 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Ancient Worlds [DVD] (2010) (DVD)
I enjoyed watching this DVD. It is most informative and somewhat educational. It supplied info that fitted together the many snippets of ancient history that I have picked up over the years. Of course, it is also a BBC DVD and that makes it very professional. I was able to visit the many ruins of ancient civilizations from the comfort of my chair! I could watch it again and again as I could only take in so little info at a time. In this way it is educational. It was also a travel programme as Richard Miles travels to the modern day areas. Thank you BBC, keep up the good work!

Sissinghurst - A Year In The Growing [DVD]
Sissinghurst - A Year In The Growing [DVD]
Dvd ~ The National Trust
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely garden, 9 Dec. 2013
I was able to visit this garden in July this year. It was a dream come true for me as I had read many articles in magazines of this garden and desperately wanted to visit ot. This DVD enabled me to see this garden in all the seasons . A real treat as I stay in South Africa. The content of the DVD was excellent, the narration and interviews of a high standard. Could recommend it to all garden lovers!

Michael Palin - Pole to Pole [DVD] [1992]
Michael Palin - Pole to Pole [DVD] [1992]
Dvd ~ Michael Palin

5.0 out of 5 stars Sort of enjoyed this!, 9 Dec. 2013
I sort of enjoyed this DVD though I would have found the journey Michael Palin took rather stressful. Traveling in underdeveloped countries would not be something I would enjoy. The lack of infrastructure and order would not, in my opinion, be a pleasant holiday. I think I enjoy my comforts!

In The Shadow Of The Moon [DVD]
In The Shadow Of The Moon [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Sington
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed this DVD very much, 9 Dec. 2013
I enjoyed watching this DVD very much. The photography and subject content were most informative as well as entertaining. Could recommend this to all who enjoy space exploration

Wild Weather : Complete BBC Series [2002] [DVD]
Wild Weather : Complete BBC Series [2002] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Donal MacIntyre

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Dec. 2013
As with any BBC DVD, this was most interesting and informative. The visuals are excellent and presentation good. Could recommend to anyone who enjoys the subject matter

FOOTLOOSE IN ITALY - Cinque Terre and Venice
FOOTLOOSE IN ITALY - Cinque Terre and Venice
Dvd ~ DEBRA RIXON
Offered by grindelwald_prods

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful trip., 9 Dec. 2013
The Footloose series never disappoint. The scenery along the way was stunning. Yet another DVD I could watch over and over again.

Secret Gardens [DVD]
Secret Gardens [DVD]
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful gardens, 9 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Secret Gardens [DVD] (DVD)
This is an excellent DVD, the gardens presented are a real delight. Anyone who loves gardening and nature could enjoy this DVD.

TALES FROM THE THAMES - a filmed journey along the Upper River Thames
TALES FROM THE THAMES - a filmed journey along the Upper River Thames
Dvd ~ DEBRA RIXON
Offered by grindelwald_prods

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful DVD, 9 Dec. 2013
I throughly enjoyed watching this DVD and all the "tales" that were told along the way. The photography and narration is excellent. Could watch this over and over again. It was a peaceful "journey" and the scenery beautiful!

Britain From The Air [DVD]
Britain From The Air [DVD]
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars This was exactly what I was looking for!, 16 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Britain From The Air [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD is excellent. The photography was very good and the content entertaining as well as informative. Britain is a beautiful country and has an intriguing history. This DVD covered the most important phases that I wanted to know. I am a South African of British heritage and am greatly interested in British culture - finding one's roots is what it is called!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13