Profile for H. Moretti > Reviews

Black Butler: Vol 4
Black Butler: Vol 4
by Yana Toboso

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 31 May 2011
This review is from: Black Butler: Vol 4 (Paperback)
I've already watched the anime, so I knew that the story was fantastic, and though the manga has slight differences, it's still brilliant. The story is incredibly dark, but there are still funny, lighter moments as well. Highly recommended!

Black Butler, Vol 3
Black Butler, Vol 3
by Yana Toboso

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Manga, 31 May 2011
This review is from: Black Butler, Vol 3 (Paperback)

Kingdom Hearts II Platinum (PS2)
Kingdom Hearts II Platinum (PS2)
Offered by findprice

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 11 Feb 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
When I played this game the first time, I was around 14, and this was my first proper introduction to RPGs (asides from pokemon). Four years have passed and this game introduced me to gaming, and it's still one of my favourites. I played Kingdom Hearts 1 after this (I have to admit, I bought it because of the adverts) because I loved this game so much. The story is brilliant, the characters are great, and the game as a whole is really good. Some people have a few criticisms - the battle system involves very little strategy (mostly button mashing), going to the disney based worlds seems to be a bit thrown together, and some people say that final fantasy and disney shouldn't mix. Frankly, I grew up with disney films and this game brings nostalgia together with some of my (now) favourite video game characters, and the battle system is refreshingly easy to use! This is a great game for people who have never played RPGs before (thought maybe starting with KH1 is better!) and seasoned gamers alike. Great story, great characters, great graphics. What more can you ask?

Final Fantasy X - Platinum [German Version]
Final Fantasy X - Platinum [German Version]
Offered by John Seth Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Whoa, 11 Feb 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've played a lot of video games. This is the best by a long shot. I've played a lot of amazing and popular RPGs, many of the other final fantasy games, the tales series, some of the star ocean franchise, but this tops them all. It has a beautiful story, wonderful characters, and the entire game comes completely to life. I would recommend this to anyone who is a fan of gaming. The story completely sucks you in - you cannot put down the controller!

Stardust (Penguin Press Science)
Stardust (Penguin Press Science)
by John Gribbin

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book!, 11 Feb 2011
I've read a few of John Gribbin's other books and I know he's a fantastic author. This book is no different! A great book for people who don't have an extensive background in physics, and want to know a little more about the way stars work, and what affect their lives and deaths have on us. This is a vibrant, exciting area of science. This book was a wonderful read, and it also helped me with my A-level coursework. A definite must for anyone interested in the science of stars.

Meade 5mm Plossl Eyepiece ETX70/80
Meade 5mm Plossl Eyepiece ETX70/80
Offered by Telescope House

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 11 Feb 2011
I got my first telescope for christmas this year, and I've been able to see some great things with it so far - awesome views of the moon Jupiter and it's moons, even a nebula or two. But I really wanted to get a good view of Jupiter. This lens arrived today and it fit perfectly with my telescope. Unfortunately, Jupiter set rather early today, and it was cloudy until nine, so I haven't had a chance to have a look yet. However, I can see the amazing detail on the moon, far improved from my other lenses, and I'm almost certain that I'll get brilliant views of Jupiter (and the other planets when they appear!) as well. This was a great eyepiece at a great price, and I'm really, really happy with it! Obviously the quality of the view depends somewhat on the aperture of your telescope, but mine is a fairly standard beginners telescope and this works perfectly!

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (Nintendo DS)
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (Nintendo DS)
Offered by RevivalMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 4 Jan 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I got this game for Christmas, and I've only played about 4 hours but I'm loving it so far. Totally different from all the final fantasy games I've played, but the gameplay is really good and works really well with the DS. Not what I was expecting at all, but really different and fun!

Leg Avenue Costumes | Marauder's Wench | X Large
Leg Avenue Costumes | Marauder's Wench | X Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Cute, 3 Sep 2010
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Bought this for a halloween party, and it looks great! Fits really well, and it's good quality too. Love it!

Journey Through Genius: The Great Theorems of Mathematics
Journey Through Genius: The Great Theorems of Mathematics
by William Dunham

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspiring Read!, 3 Sep 2010
I discovered this book on a recommended reading list for my physics course, and was rather surprised (and disappointed, I have to admit) when I found that a good chunk of it was to do with geometry, an area of maths I'd never really cared for. However, just a few pages in and I found my opinion completely changed. Dunham writes so clearly, and is able to explain everything from the mathematics of the ancients through to more modern times. Aside from that, it's far more interesting than I could have ever imagined! This book actually made me go out and buy Euclid's elements. No, really. It's that good.

Pat Says Now USB Optical Mouse - Lady Bug
Pat Says Now USB Optical Mouse - Lady Bug

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 3 Sep 2010
I was having trouble finding a nice mouse for my mac as they were all boring, expensive or just didn't work. I love this mouse, it's looks really cute, works brilliantly, and it's a great price too!

Page: 1 | 2