Profile for A. Lucas > Reviews

Content by A. Lucas

A. Lucas "Lobsterboy" (England)

My December
My December
Offered by Bridge_Records
Price: 3.47

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 17 July 2007
This review is from: My December (Audio CD)
Definately not as good as Breakaway, this album is really mixed in its musical style and although it does have a few good songs (Never Again, Sober), the rest of the songs just sound like fillers. Bring back the old Kelly and a proper return from Breakaway.

The Best Damn Thing
The Best Damn Thing
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Is The Best Damn Thing..., 14 July 2007
This review is from: The Best Damn Thing (Audio CD)
Girlfriend - Great lyrics and a fantastic start to the album. I promise that you will be singing along to this song within minutes. 9/10

I Can Do Better - Possibly the worst song on the album, sounds a lot like Girlfriend. However the song is still catchy and isn't one that you need to skip through. 7/10

Runaway - Reminds me a lot of the old Avril songs, great chorus and verses. 10/10

The Best Damn Thing - I love the way the lyrics just flow in this song and how Avril sings about how happy she and how her "Cinderella story scene" has come true. 10/10

When You're Gone - The most beautiful song i've heard in a long time, the lyrics are really truthful and are sung perfectly. MUST HEAR! 10/10

Everything Back But You - Good upbeat song which follows perfectly lifting the album after When You're Gone. 8/10

Hot - Hailed as one of the greatest songs on the album, I beg to differ there are much better songs on this album. However it is still brilliant :D 9/10

Innocence - Made me cry! 10/10

I Don't Have To Try - Another fantastic song that keeps the album going from strength to strength. Lyrics are a bit poor compared to other songs but excellent nonetheless. 9/10

One Of Those Girls - I love the verses on this song, really good hooks :D 9/10

Contagious - My favourite song on the album, shame it isn't longer. 10/10

Keep Holding On - This song brings a nice clean ending to the album and finishes perfectly. 9/10

Come And Get It
Come And Get It
Price: 9.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Poptastic, 2 July 2006
This review is from: Come And Get It (Audio CD)
Ok, so i have been a fan of Rachel since her S Club 7 days, when she released her first album "Funky Dory" I was a tad disappointed because there were only around 2 or 3 really catchy songs on there. When Rachel released "Come & Get It" i was amazed by the pure brilliance of the album- every song has been well written, sung beautifully and is very catchy!

01- So Good: Fantastic chorus and a very catchy beat, leaves you listening to this track over and over again.

02- I Said Never Again (But Here We Are): Again another wonderful track that really gets you dancing and singing along with Rachel, has a very 80's feel to it.

03- Crazy Boys: My favourite track on the album, the lyrics and beat are purely amazing and it is an amazing track to listen to when you feel down.

04- Negotiate With Love: The first single from CAGI, with its great chorus

05- I Will Be There: Not the best on the album but still packs a punch with its good lyrics

06- Every Little Thing: This should have been one of the singles, the song is amazingly fast, upbeat and is pop in its simplest form.

07- Dumb Dumb: Quite a sad song when you listen to the lyrics but the catchy tune makes up for it.

08- Je M'Apelle: The worst song on the album but still good in terms of other songs about. I don't think the way that she sings the chorus, makes her name sound like Rochelle (listen to it and you might understand what i mean)

09- Nothing Good About This Goodbye: Really stands out as being a great song with lyrics that have really been thought about.

10- All About Me: Not great but still catchy, other songs make up.

11- Secret Garden: Didn't like it at first but when you listen to it a few times it is actually quite good.

12- Funny How: Love it!

You really should buu this album, it is a shame that Britain is so obsessed at the moment with Rap and Hip Hop- if this album had been released a few months earlier it would have hit No1- thats how good it is!

Casio Exilim EX-Z60 Silver Digital Camera [6MP, 3x Optical Zoom] 2.5" LCD
Casio Exilim EX-Z60 Silver Digital Camera [6MP, 3x Optical Zoom] 2.5" LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent all-rounder!, 3 Jun 2006
Had my old camera for around 3 years and you could really tell that it was dated- was the size of a brick and only had 2 mega-pixels. So i decided that it was time to treat myself... started looking on the internet in a German lesson at school and came across the Casio Exilim Z-60, at first glances it looked a bit cheap and when I saw the price I was a bit doubtful to say the least. But I eventually plucked up the courage and ordered it. 2 weeks later it arrived at my front door- I eagerly opened the package and was not disappoined, the camera looked very smart and the screen was massive!

Good points

* Large, clear screen

* Fast battery charging

* Tv connection cable!

* Fast image loading on PC

* Very fast shutter

* Slim and compact

* Good selection of shots

* Excellect quality in pics, video and voice recording

Bad points

* Does not come with a carry case and the ones that I have seen advertised for the camera are 23.99! When you see how small the camera is you will realise that this is a bit of a rip-off

* The button to switch it on is very "loose" and when it is in your pocket it is easy to accidently turn it on. This is a problem because the lens comes out can be ruined.

Very good camera... buy, buy, buy!