Profile for A. Lucas > Reviews

Content by A. Lucas

A. Lucas "Lobsterboy" (England)

The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series)
The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series)
by James Dashner

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Ending, 6 May 2015
A disappointing end to the amazing Maze Runner trilogy. This book smacks of an author who has enough content for 2.5 books but has been forced to stretch it out.

My December
My December
Offered by MediaMerchants

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 17 July 2007
This review is from: My December (Audio CD)
Definately not as good as Breakaway, this album is really mixed in its musical style and although it does have a few good songs (Never Again, Sober), the rest of the songs just sound like fillers. Bring back the old Kelly and a proper return from Breakaway.

The Best Damn Thing
The Best Damn Thing
Offered by Qoolist

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Is The Best Damn Thing..., 14 July 2007
This review is from: The Best Damn Thing (Audio CD)
Girlfriend - Great lyrics and a fantastic start to the album. I promise that you will be singing along to this song within minutes. 9/10

I Can Do Better - Possibly the worst song on the album, sounds a lot like Girlfriend. However the song is still catchy and isn't one that you need to skip through. 7/10

Runaway - Reminds me a lot of the old Avril songs, great chorus and verses. 10/10

The Best Damn Thing - I love the way the lyrics just flow in this song and how Avril sings about how happy she and how her "Cinderella story scene" has come true. 10/10

When You're Gone - The most beautiful song i've heard in a long time, the lyrics are really truthful and are sung perfectly. MUST HEAR! 10/10

Everything Back But You - Good upbeat song which follows perfectly lifting the album after When You're Gone. 8/10

Hot - Hailed as one of the greatest songs on the album, I beg to differ there are much better songs on this album. However it is still brilliant :D 9/10

Innocence - Made me cry! 10/10

I Don't Have To Try - Another fantastic song that keeps the album going from strength to strength. Lyrics are a bit poor compared to other songs but excellent nonetheless. 9/10

One Of Those Girls - I love the verses on this song, really good hooks :D 9/10

Contagious - My favourite song on the album, shame it isn't longer. 10/10

Keep Holding On - This song brings a nice clean ending to the album and finishes perfectly. 9/10

Come And Get It
Come And Get It
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Poptastic, 2 July 2006
This review is from: Come And Get It (Audio CD)
Ok, so i have been a fan of Rachel since her S Club 7 days, when she released her first album "Funky Dory" I was a tad disappointed because there were only around 2 or 3 really catchy songs on there. When Rachel released "Come & Get It" i was amazed by the pure brilliance of the album- every song has been well written, sung beautifully and is very catchy!

01- So Good: Fantastic chorus and a very catchy beat, leaves you listening to this track over and over again.

02- I Said Never Again (But Here We Are): Again another wonderful track that really gets you dancing and singing along with Rachel, has a very 80's feel to it.

03- Crazy Boys: My favourite track on the album, the lyrics and beat are purely amazing and it is an amazing track to listen to when you feel down.

04- Negotiate With Love: The first single from CAGI, with its great chorus

05- I Will Be There: Not the best on the album but still packs a punch with its good lyrics

06- Every Little Thing: This should have been one of the singles, the song is amazingly fast, upbeat and is pop in its simplest form.

07- Dumb Dumb: Quite a sad song when you listen to the lyrics but the catchy tune makes up for it.

08- Je M'Apelle: The worst song on the album but still good in terms of other songs about. I don't think the way that she sings the chorus, makes her name sound like Rochelle (listen to it and you might understand what i mean)

09- Nothing Good About This Goodbye: Really stands out as being a great song with lyrics that have really been thought about.

10- All About Me: Not great but still catchy, other songs make up.

11- Secret Garden: Didn't like it at first but when you listen to it a few times it is actually quite good.

12- Funny How: Love it!

You really should buu this album, it is a shame that Britain is so obsessed at the moment with Rap and Hip Hop- if this album had been released a few months earlier it would have hit No1- thats how good it is!

Casio Exilim EX-Z60 Silver Digital Camera [6MP, 3x Optical Zoom] 2.5" LCD
Casio Exilim EX-Z60 Silver Digital Camera [6MP, 3x Optical Zoom] 2.5" LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent all-rounder!, 3 Jun. 2006
Had my old camera for around 3 years and you could really tell that it was dated- was the size of a brick and only had 2 mega-pixels. So i decided that it was time to treat myself... started looking on the internet in a German lesson at school and came across the Casio Exilim Z-60, at first glances it looked a bit cheap and when I saw the price I was a bit doubtful to say the least. But I eventually plucked up the courage and ordered it. 2 weeks later it arrived at my front door- I eagerly opened the package and was not disappoined, the camera looked very smart and the screen was massive!

Good points

* Large, clear screen

* Fast battery charging

* Tv connection cable!

* Fast image loading on PC

* Very fast shutter

* Slim and compact

* Good selection of shots

* Excellect quality in pics, video and voice recording

Bad points

* Does not come with a carry case and the ones that I have seen advertised for the camera are £23.99! When you see how small the camera is you will realise that this is a bit of a rip-off

* The button to switch it on is very "loose" and when it is in your pocket it is easy to accidently turn it on. This is a problem because the lens comes out can be ruined.

Very good camera... buy, buy, buy!