Profile for Frazzled mother > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Labtec optical glow mini mouse
Labtec optical glow mini mouse

1.0 out of 5 stars initially ok but....., 31 Jan 2010
I bought this mouse to go with a netbook. It didn't get a lot of use - but after a few months, there seemed to be a loose connection & the thing would only work if you managed to hold the wire in just the right position - then it gave up the ghost. Amazon were great & replaced the faulty mouse - but the replacement didn't last 6 weeks (again with relatively little use) before it too had died a death.
On that basis - I couldn't recommend it.
(On a plus - the colour changing amused my daughter - but I had it turned off most of the time).

Wacom Bamboo Fun Pen and Touch - Small - CTH-461
Wacom Bamboo Fun Pen and Touch - Small - CTH-461

4.0 out of 5 stars tablet fun, 31 Jan 2010
I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of how like a pen it would feel. The website demo makes it look good - but it is great in practice too.
The pressure sensitivity in the drawing software (Artrage) works really well - you get great variation like with a real pencil. You can "trace" from photos & there are stencils (which the kids have really enjoyed).
The software is downloaded from the website - my slight gripe would be that the photoshop software was unavailable over the holiday period (when I had time to play with it!) - however this was eventually resolved. Most of the software you just select - but for the photoshop, you need to select PC / MAC & language. During the time that it wouldn't download, several people were commenting on the noticeboard that they tried the Mac button to see if it would work & then found that they had used their one download up.
I bought this to go with some animation software for the kids - but it looks like I'll have to buy another for them as I plan on keeping this one for me!

Zoostorm Core i7-920  2.66ghz Vista Premium PC, 1TB HDD, 6GB DDR3 Ram,HD 4850 512MB Graphics, DVDRW
Zoostorm Core i7-920 2.66ghz Vista Premium PC, 1TB HDD, 6GB DDR3 Ram,HD 4850 512MB Graphics, DVDRW

4.0 out of 5 stars so far so good, 24 Jan 2010
This machine seems to perform well so far - I'm not particularly technical in my requirements & don't do any gaming - so can't comment on any of that. You get the offer of Windows 7 upgrade from the company - you pay for a voucher - then you order via Microsoft. That took a couple of weeks as they didn't have any vouchers in stock. The other practical point is that the box is big - too big to fit in the space occupied by my previous tower - so check dimensions of your computer desk. We had to saw a chunk out of the cross bar to slide the box far enough back! (I'd checked measurements of other computer tables online & couldn't find one that would fit).

McAfee Total Protection 2010 - 3 User
McAfee Total Protection 2010 - 3 User

1.0 out of 5 stars backup problem with w7, 24 Jan 2010
I've used McAfee for a few years now -the 2009 Total Protection was stable & seemed to work ok. My complaint about the product relates to the backup file function. I backed up files on a portable HD so when my hard disk crashed I thought I'd at least have my data safe. The new computer had Windows 7 - but the McAfee product won't restore the encrypted backup file from my original computer - on W7 the backup seems to be part of W7 rather than McAfee.
Not surprisingly - I'm not happy.
It also appears that the top-up backups that had been run hadn't worked - only the original full backup - which means I lost a lot of data.

McAfee Total Protection 2009 - 3 User
McAfee Total Protection 2009 - 3 User

1.0 out of 5 stars installation nightmare, 11 April 2009
I have used the previous version (TP 2008) without any problems (& previous mcAfee products before that for several years) but upgrading to the 2009 Total Protection version has been nothing but problems.
The software should install itself & uninstall previous versions automatically - but this year it failed to do so. I downloaded the uninstall tool to remove all previous versions & reinstalled - but it wouldn't register. I had to contact the support desk to get them to reset my account so that it would recognise the disc (I also had to uninstall & reinstall by download again). The software worked for a few days when it decided that it would reset itself & needed to activate the account again - in the meantime the computer wasn't protected - but none of the links worked to do this. Another contact with the support desk & I've had to uninstall & download again.
I should also have mentioned that before you can get to stage where you can email /chat with someone on the support team you need to run the automatic technical help programme - this repeatedly crashed the computer.
By now I've had enough - I will think twice before I get another McAfee product. I bought the disc even though the download was cheaper - so that I wasn't charged each year without me wanting the next version automatically. You can't register the bought disc via the website though - Total Protection isn't on the drop down menu to register a disc - it really looks as though they want to make it as hard as possible. With all the uninstalling, I've now also lost the links to the back up & will have to redo the whole thing.
All very frustrating.

Ravensburger Labyrinth Game
Ravensburger Labyrinth Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent game, 1 Oct 2007
This review is from: Ravensburger Labyrinth Game (Toy)
I was looking for a game to distract x2 11 year old computer / video game enthusiasts. I was persuaded by the reviews posted here & have not been disappointed. The boys have really enjoyed it - it was even a priority to demonstrate to friends ahead of the much requested new computer game. A big hit. Thanks.

Tomy Rummikub Game
Tomy Rummikub Game

5.0 out of 5 stars alternative to computer games..., 1 Oct 2007
This review is from: Tomy Rummikub Game (Toy)
I just bought this for 11 year old twin boys who would normally always prefer the computer or video games ...but they think this is really good and are even willing to get ready for bed early so they can play. What more could you ask for?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3