Profile for MT > Reviews

Content by MT

MT (UK)

Bose  Computer MusicMonitor  (Metal Silver)
Bose Computer MusicMonitor (Metal Silver)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous speakers!, 4 Jan. 2013
Even though I'd read the 11 great reviews that already existed for these speakers I was still somewhat skeptical as to whether something so small could produce a great sound, but I needed some compact speakers and I'm already familiar with the quality of Bose products, so I took a chance. All I can say is WOW! The sheer quality, depth and transparency of the sound right across the frequency spectrum is a joy to behold when listening to recorded music. Also, as a creator of electronic music who uses LogicPro on my MacBook Pro I needed something suitable for the home recording environment and while these aren't primarily intended as music monitors for mixing with, the wonderful cleanness and transparency of the sound makes them startlingly effective for the task. They are so well suited to the acoustics of the home recording environment that my music is immediately sounding better produced as a result of using them. Finally, anyone who's concerned that the price is high for such small speakers need not worry. The sound that comes from them is far bigger than the size of the product suggests it might be and is easily worth the asking price - the compactness simply makes them more flexible in terms of where they can be located. All in all, a wonderful product and worth every penny!

Nightbird
Nightbird

5.0 out of 5 stars Erasure have got their colour back!, 29 April 2005
This review is from: Nightbird (Audio CD)
I hear bands criticised for not changing but I ask myself... Why should a band change? Erasure is a perfect subject for such a debate. The reason I love Erasure is because I love the 'Erasure' sound. After their eponymously named album, surely their most self-indulgent and gloriously colourful piece of work, things started to go downhill for them. A flatter, dryer sound emerged and I wondered if Erasure as I knew and loved them were gone. If I'd wanted to listen to something different I'd have bought a different band's work. I wanted Erasure and now, I am glad to say, I have them back in full, high definition colour! Nightbird is the warmest, coldest, softest, hardest, lightest, darkest, sharpest, bluntest, sweetest, savouryest piece of work since the glory days. Andy and Vince are both at their utter best in this outstanding piece of work - every listen is worth the asking price - It's 'Erasure', but even more so! If you're a true Erasure fan, do the only correct thing and buy this album now!!