Profile for I. MacKay > Reviews

Content by I. MacKay

I. MacKay (Cyprus)

Edwin Jagger Simulated Ivory Gillette Mach 3 Razor with Nickel Plated Collar and End Cap

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but slippery to hold, 22 Jan. 2016
I purchased this razor because I found the original Gillette Mach 3 to be too slim and slippery to hold comfortably. Whilst this razor is much thicker it is still very slippery, it would be better if the smooth handle were textured.
That aside it is a nicely made, high quality item.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent charger. Charges both my Samsung Tab S and ..., 3 Sept. 2015
Excellent charger. Charges both my Samsung Tab S and Ipad 2, simultaneously in a very short time.

Black + Decker PD1420LP-GB Lithium Flexi Vacuum with Pet Hair Removal Tool, 14.4 V, Light Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars 4v model is as good as our old 18v model, 10 Oct. 2014
Bought this to replace a Black & Decker 18v "old-style" swivel vacuum. The batteries on the old one only lasted 1 year so I hope the Lithium technology is longer lasting.
This flexi vacuum is much more usable with the flexible hose. The battery lasts much longer than the old one we had and is much quicker to charge. The suction of this 14.4v model is as good as our old 18v model.
Unfortunately this item ceased to work after 3 days but was quickly replaced by Amazon. We have had the new one for over a month and it is still going strong.

Sailing Mini Weather Vane
Sailing Mini Weather Vane

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Weather Vane, 1 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Sailing Mini Weather Vane
This is a well designed and manufactured weather vane with all the necessary fittings. Easy to assemble and install and well packed on delivery.

Kingston Technology Micro SDHC 16 GB Memory Card - Standard Packaging
Kingston Technology Micro SDHC 16 GB Memory Card - Standard Packaging
Offered by LMTL

5.0 out of 5 stars Micro-SD for Android phone, 1 Feb. 2011
I bought this for my Orange San Francisco smart phone, having read several reports of problems with different makes of micro-SD card. This worked exactly as designed and has given no problems in the month it has been installed.

Canon PIXMA MP640 Network Ready Premium All-In-One Photo Printer
Canon PIXMA MP640 Network Ready Premium All-In-One Photo Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent results from Canon MP640 Multi-function printer, 23 Nov. 2010
This printer was very easy to setup as a network device, connected by ethernet to the router, for my 3 Windows 7 computers. I have not used it a great deal yet but the results I have obtained so far are excellent. I have done a fair amount of photocopying with it and it is reasonably quick and a 1-button press operation without even turning on a PC.

Veho VSS-A001AS Additional Mimi True 2.4GHz WiFi Speaker System (Transmitting Dongle Required)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound from Veho MiMi, 23 Jun. 2010
I bought the Veho MiMi speaker to listen to Radio 5 from the Internet, whilst breakfasting outside. I cannot get a decent FM radio signal where I live, so I thought this would be a good solution.
The speaker system is very easy to use. Turn on the speaker, set the PC to radio 5 on BBC iplayer, plug in the USB dongle and it all works. The sound is very clear although I only use it to listen to speech and not music.
The only drawback is that I find the range to be a little restrictive. I cannot take the speaker more than about 10 metres from the PC; admittedly there are 2 or 3 intervening walls.
All in all I am more than satisfied with this speaker and would recommend it, provided you do not require a long range between the PC and Speaker.

Gyration Media Centre Suite
Gyration Media Centre Suite

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommend Gyration MCE remote & keyboard, 23 Jun. 2010
I wanted a remote control to control my HTPC and give me full PC functionality as well as controlling my TV and Sound system. I struggled to "connect" the remote but once I realised the enclosed user guide identified the wrong button for "connecting" the remote control, all was well. The control of the HTPC with the remote was all I could want and it is so easy to position the cursor by just moving the wrist. The keyboard was also very good. I find the control of the HTPC to be excellent.

The control for my TV also worked well although it takes a little longer to work through the codes to identify the particular model.

The control of the sound system was not so good. I have a Sony DAV-F200, which is a fairly common 2.1 surround sound and DVD player. Unfortunately I was unable to have the remote recognise this sound system and eventually had to have the Gyration remote "learn" from the Sony remote. This is not fully satisfactory as there appears to be a limit to the number of functions that can be learnt.