Profile for Peter Mccarron > Reviews

Content by Peter Mccarron

Peter Mccarron (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Crying Havoc (The Five Kingdoms Book 4)
Crying Havoc (The Five Kingdoms Book 4)
Price: 2.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Wizard series, 24 Dec 2012
This has been a very good story from the beginning. This book is the culmination of the series and its a great pity that its finished. A good story that carries the reader along without making you have to think to much. The plot and journey of the story is written at a good pace to carry you along. An enjoyable read.

Child of the Ghosts
Child of the Ghosts
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting, 8 Dec 2012
Another good book from Jonathan Moeller. Good story line, fast paced and good characters. All in all, a good read. And the price is great. There is some grammar mistakes, but don't let this put you off.

Red Country (First Law World 3)
Red Country (First Law World 3)
by Joe Abercrombie BA
Price: 6.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern Fantasy, 1 Dec 2012
Another great book from Joe Abercrombie. I've followed this series of books from the start and have enjoyed reading each and every one. In this book it was good to see some of the old characters making a welcome return. There is great pace to these books, a great story line, action comes into these books at the right times and with some of the characters an underlying layer of dark comedy. Altogether, a great entertaining read.

The Thief King (The Line of Kings Trilogy Book 2)
The Thief King (The Line of Kings Trilogy Book 2)
Price: 1.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Different., 8 Nov 2012
I liked this whole series. None of the books were a disappointment. Quite a dark series that starts with this book. It is well written, quite a bit of thought went into this book to make the story line different to other fantasy writers. I would recommend this book as there is twists aplenty. Gripping stuff. A good read!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 16, 2013 12:53 AM GMT

Warrior Class. The Crooked Path.
Warrior Class. The Crooked Path.
Price: 2.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy!, 8 Nov 2012
I've just finished this book and was quite disappointed that it was the first book of the series. It will be a long wait for the next one to be published. A good book. If you like a good story line with strong characters, then buy this book.

The Queen of Thieves (The Line of Kings Trilogy Book 3)
The Queen of Thieves (The Line of Kings Trilogy Book 3)
Price: 1.80

4.0 out of 5 stars A steal!, 8 Nov 2012
I must admit that I liked this book, it's well written, a good story line. The characters are likeable, even with their flaws. The book was paced at a good rate, it kept me wanting to read on.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 8, 2012 12:33 PM GMT

The Broken Pieces (The Paladins Book 4)
The Broken Pieces (The Paladins Book 4)
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Does it again, 8 Nov 2012
I've been reading Dalglishs work for quite some time now, and I like his style. The books are well written, fast paced for the action, and I like the characters. I will keep on buying his books as I haven't been disappointed yet. I would definitely recommend his books.

Soul of Tyrants (Demonsouled Book 2)
Soul of Tyrants (Demonsouled Book 2)
Price: 1.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Unusual, 8 Nov 2012
I find that as I finish one of this series of books, I have to get the next. This series aren't the best I've ever read but they have their own slant on the fantasy genre. The books do have grammar mistakes but these are negligible, so don't let these put you of. The action is fast paced, new characters are introduced, and they make quite an enjoyable read. I would recommend these books, I like them.

Wielder's Awakening (Wielder Trilogy: Book One 1)
Wielder's Awakening (Wielder Trilogy: Book One 1)
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Preview., 27 July 2012
Didn't know of the author so this was a bit of the beaten path for me. Found the book to be well written, fast paced and most importantly, a pleasure to read. Quite a fast paced book so kept me reading long after my usual as I wanted to see what happened next. I enjoyed it.

Infinity Blade: Awakening
Infinity Blade: Awakening
Price: 1.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Again different, 31 Jan 2012
This book is far to short and only gives you the start of the story. Its a great pity as I like Brandon Sanderson and the books that he has written so far. Save your money or you will be in for a major dissapointment, just when you start getting into the book it stops. Be very carefull !!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6