Profile for littletaffi > Reviews

Hunter's Moon
Hunter's Moon
by Garry Kilworth

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book!, 31 Mar. 2005
This review is from: Hunter's Moon (Hardcover)
This book is so good , i can't believe soooo many people have never heard of it, i borrowed it from the library at the age of 11 to take as holiday reading, since then it has become almost a ritual that a day before i leave i go in and pick up a copy! The story mixes the good with the bad and is like a lot of 'mini' adventures in one, it tracks the lives of O-ha and her cubs through there lives- it is amazing how similar they seem to us!
give it a go you shall not be disappointed!

I Capture The Castle (Vintage Classics)
I Capture The Castle (Vintage Classics)
by Dodie Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars I Capture the Castle, 31 Mar. 2005
This Book is fantastic, I was given it a few Chrtsmas' back but it didn't appeal to me (I am a self-confessed 'judge a book by it's cover!') so it sat under my bed for a few years, until last week when I got it out. And what a pleasant surprise it is a truly compeling read and Dodie Smith's style is wonderful, it has now become one of my favourite books and with the number I read that is and achievment!
It is a real breath of fresh air to today's 'teen fiction' which are all similar in storyline, I find myself really beleaving in Cassandra and wishing I had such a wonderful, simple life! I was getting very frustrated with Cassandra and her Stephen situation... but i shall leave the 'ending' for you to read!
I recommend this book to any ohter 15yr old who's tired of the typical 'teen' storyline, it really is a great read, a modern classic!