Profile for ddddeeee > Reviews

Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo 250 ml
Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo 250 ml
Offered by Purely Health

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually regrew a fair bit of hair, 15 Aug. 2013
As of writing this review I've been using the shampoo and the liquid everyday for six weeks or so. I have a receding hairline which I was always able to cover well because my hair is otherwise fairly thick. However, I was experiencing a shed during the summer and having to wear a helmet for work wasn't helping. I decided to shave my head since going into the shower and seeing all those hairs was fairly soul destroying.

A few days after shaving it I noticed a few blond (vellus) hairs on my hairline. After a few days of applying the shampoo and liquid many of these hairs had darkened, a few friends and relatives have even commented on it. It doesn't look full by any means but I've definitely noticing more hairs on my hairline every few days. There's more hair there than there has been in about two years I'd say.

So yeah. I'm over the moon that these product is helping me regrow hair when it explicitly details that it doesn't do that. I should probably temper all these by saying that I'm only 19 (20 in a few weeks) and that's obviously significant, though I don't pretend to know much of the technical or scientific stuff that goes into this.

As for the reduced hairloss, I'm still losing hair in the shower though I have noticed a significant decrease. That said, it's only been six weeks and it apparently can take up to 4 months to take full effect.

I'm by no means suggesting this will happen to everyone, a quick scan would show I'm in the minority. But if you're relatively young and receding I absolutely recommend it. Furthermore if anyone has any vellus hair on their head I suggest both the shampoo and the liquid, it made many of mine go terminal and this seems to have happened to a few others too.