Profile for mrcheznangel > Reviews

mrcheznangel (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Offered by Kara-Handelshaus GmbH Preise inkl. MwSt.

5.0 out of 5 stars £8 a week evolution, 16 April 2015
This review is from: Skullduggery (Audio CD)
This is mega, this is intense! I grew up seeing Squad regularly, This is not Squad as I remember them, it's evolved into a different monster through everything Gus touched. Luv hearing old favourites particularly the likes of Wrong Date and Millionaire the other stuff is immense and gloriously punky too!

Foot Pump With Gauge & Adaptor Car Bike Bicycle Footballs Airbed Tyres Motorbike
Offered by Onlinesupermarket

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 4 Feb. 2015
it does wot it does!

Schwalbe City Jet Semi-Slick Puncture Protected Rigid Tyre 26 x 1.95 Amber-Wall
Schwalbe City Jet Semi-Slick Puncture Protected Rigid Tyre 26 x 1.95 Amber-Wall
Offered by bikes4life limited

3.0 out of 5 stars good solid tyre, 4 Feb. 2015
I never realised I would still need an innertube!,but that said it's a good solid tyre

Jenny Take a Ride
Jenny Take a Ride
Offered by themusicmerchant

1.0 out of 5 stars Detroit Dullsville!, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Jenny Take a Ride (Audio CD)
I only got this for 1 track - Shake A Tail Feather, which is missing from the Mitch Ryder compilation I have. No idea when this was recorded, too much twiddly guitar for me basiclly lame and sucks. Lacks the balls and soul of the original versions, many of which are on my Mitch Ryder complilation. Relieved to say it was cheap and only cost me 86p!

Medipaq® Arch Aids - The No. 1 Foot Arch Support - ¾ Length Orthotic Insole PAIR - Gents Size - The Ultimate Insoles to Support Weak and Fallen Arches!
Offered by Medipaq® from Great Ideas™

4.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up with big expectations!, 22 Mar. 2013
I read the reviews , and had big expectations! I wasn't disappointed, they work for me. Strill feel the odd twinge, but I can walk without a hoble. I'd never heard of plantar fasiliitis before eiher!

Faster Pussycat
Faster Pussycat

5.0 out of 5 stars slick pussycat swagger!, 31 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Faster Pussycat (Audio CD)
With it's sleazy rock 'n'roll feel Faster Pussycat is a must have favourite album. It's difficult to pick stand outs because that covers every song. Right from 'Don't Change That song' through to the final pussycat 'Bottle In Front Of Me' it's a non stop swagger fest + no fillers.! I know there are many comparisons to early Aerosmith, but as much as I love 'em Aerosmith never delivered an album that got under my skin like Faster Pussycat did and still does. it's safe to say it's less than polished, and cetainly doen't fall prey to being over produced.

Havin' A Ball
Havin' A Ball

5.0 out of 5 stars If I had a redbeard!!!, 5 July 2012
This review is from: Havin' A Ball (Audio CD)
I saw the Redbeards From Dudley many times and have their Vinyl album + singles + no record player - How come I never found out there was a CD version of this Album until it costs a bundle to get??? Surely Somebody's gotta see sense and put it back out again!!! This was/is an amazing record packed with boogielicious riffs and swagger 'His Car Won't Start' was always a stand out for me. This is just a mega album as soon as I win the lottery the CD's mine and I'll be havin'a ball!!!!

Anthology
Anthology

5.0 out of 5 stars delerious infectious!, 24 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Anthology (Audio CD)
It's probably fair to say that my love of the Heavy Metal Kids drew me to check out this Holton/Steel anthology, but it might also be my love for the Hollywood Brats, The Boys, or Casino Steel himself. I was already familiar with a few of these songs - 'Ruby','Candy', and 'Ghostriders', that I have on a Casino Steel compilation, I also remember 'People in Love' from a 12" single I owned before my surrender to CDs. As well as his own unique and credible vocal talents, this Anthology also shows off Casino Steel considerable song writing ability too, not to say it was ever in doubt or that Gary Holton didn't pen nifty little numbers as well. There's songs here that I know by other bands - The Boys 'Almost Persuaded' , The Ramones 'Baby I love You' and the Casino Steel penned 'Jimmy Brown' that I've heard by both The Boys, and Danny Peyronel on vocals Heavy Metal Kids. This also includes a couple of Heavy Metal Kids songs - 'She's No Angel' and 'We Gotta Go'. We also get pub sing-along stuff - 'Goodnight Irene', pop classics - 'Runaway', 'Blackberry Way', The Beatles 'No Reply'. There's so many stand outs delivered with the cheeky charm of Gary Holton's cockney London drawl, or casino Steels scandinavian cool. Needless to say, as Casino Steel's a piano man it's no surprise there's a fair bit of honky tonkin', and even if it this don't grab you quite like HMK, and I can't help wondering what might have happened if Gary Holton had joined AC/DC after Bon Scott, this Holton/Steel Anthology is the perfect anecdote for any non Motorhead/New York Dolls/Sex Pistols/etc mood or moment!

Dancing Backwards In High Heels
Dancing Backwards In High Heels

5.0 out of 5 stars Subtle as Cheesecake!!?, 21 Mar. 2011
I've sat on this review to get the feel for Dancing Backwards rather than make a kneejerk reaction to the first play - I'm always worried by albums I luv on the first play anyway - I wasn't convinced by this first time. It's not what we've come to anticipate from a New York Dolls album, it doesn't stomp like 73/4, I guess it's fair to say they obviously don't hang around with the bad girls on their block these days. But there are still formidable rockers included here, I'm thinking 'I'm So Fabulous' and 'Round and Round She Goes' particularly but not exclusively. 'Funky But Chic' swings like crazy these day too! Dancing Backwards in High Heels is more consistant than previous Dolls albums with the same influeces as before even if influenced a slightly different way. I think the production has more subtly too,there is a more laid back feel. Perhaps it's adopted an english quaintness from being recorded in Newcastle, England.

I think we've got to accept that the Dolls have grown up a bit now and have the wisdom of age!??? They aint gonna sound like they did in 1973 again! The New York Dolls have evolved a little more, it's dissapointing that there's no Steve Conte or Sam Yaffa either, however, Backwards in High Heels may make me shake my ass rather than stomp my feet, but you best believe I luv it L-U-V!

Hit The Right Button
Hit The Right Button

5.0 out of 5 stars Hit The Rigt Button again - with sugar on!, 12 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Hit The Right Button (Audio CD)
I got Hit the Right Button when it was originally released. This is a brilliantly refreshing album that compliments the previous HMK albums perfectly. When I found out it was getting a release with bonus live stuff I wondered whether it was worthwhile getting it again for the live tracks. Then I discovered they were with Danny Peyronal on vocals I was intrigued. After I got it I was impressed with how he handled Gary Holton era songs, particularly the ones from 'Kitsch' recorded after he originally left the Heavy Metal kids. It was great to hear him take over on vocals when Heavy Metal Kids reformed and on Hit the Right button - which did! Although Danny Peyronel doesn't have the roguish quality that Gary Holton had I'm sold on his delivery. It's worth mentioning that, not surprisingly, the guitars sound different too. But when push comes to shove as they say, it still sounds like the Heavy metal Kids and I love Hit the Right Button Plus because of it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3