Profile for Mrs. S. Jones > Reviews

Content by Mrs. S. Jones

Mrs. S. Jones "Star" (London & Knoxville)

Page: 1 | 2
The Light Between Oceans
The Light Between Oceans
Price: 3.66

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is special., 17 Mar 2014
I adored this book. The story is fascinating the characters well drawn. The place is well described and magical. I recommend anyone who hasn't read this, to get it right away.

The Bat: The First Harry Hole Case (Harry Hole 1)
The Bat: The First Harry Hole Case (Harry Hole 1)
Price: 3.66

3.0 out of 5 stars First novel in the series., 17 Mar 2014
I read The Snowman and really enjoyed it. Then I decided to go back and read the novels from the start. This is the first. I wanted to know all about Harry Hole. I was disappointed in his character in this book. I think it is aimed more at the male audience so I don't want to put anyone off reading it, but it wasn't for me.

Oven Mate
Oven Mate
Offered by Home and Hardware Shop Ltd
Price: 6.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Best oven cleaner I've used so far., 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: Oven Mate
This is the one. Look no further. I have tried all the others and this is the best. No, really, you have to get some. Apply with a soft sponge and leave on for at least an hour. Then using luke warm water and a new clean sponge or cloth, wipe off the dirt. You may have to work harder in some areas of the cooker, like the grills but if you clean regularly, you will have a sparkling oven to be proud of with very little effort.

Teatime for the Firefly
Teatime for the Firefly
Price: 1.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting romantic story., 17 Mar 2014
If you like a romance, set in an exotic location, then try this book. I am enjoying it immensely. I am learning about tea plantations in India and being transported to a far away world full of interesting characters.

Shaman of Stonewylde
Shaman of Stonewylde
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book - recommended., 13 Dec 2013
This was the first of Kit Berry's Stonewylde books that I have read and I will definitely be back for more. The first one is Magus of Stonewylde. I should have read that one first because they follow on from each other. However, the fact that I started at the end instead of the beginning did not detract from my enjoyment of the book. There is also a website, which I love to visit. Well done Kit Berry. The book is different and magical and wonderful.

Spiderman Web Slinger 3CUFT Bean Bag with Beans
Spiderman Web Slinger 3CUFT Bean Bag with Beans
Offered by BeanLazy
Price: 20.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely item, 13 Dec 2013
I bought this for my grandson and he loves it! Need I say more? He's three years old and it fits him just right.

Llewellyn's 2014 Witches' Datebook (Annuals - Witches' Datebook)
Llewellyn's 2014 Witches' Datebook (Annuals - Witches' Datebook)
by Llewellyn
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Never fails to please., 13 Dec 2013
I love these datebooks. They keep me in touch, on a daily basis, with what is going on in the witchy world.

WOODEN Double sided easel
WOODEN Double sided easel
Offered by Price-Right-Home
Price: 29.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Broken when it arrived., 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: WOODEN Double sided easel (Toy)
I chose this rating because the blackboard was broken when it arrived. That was very disappointing. It must have missed the inspection all together because it was obvious what was wrong. A big screw was sticking right through the wood at the top and would have been very dangerous for a child to use. I had to contact the seller and got a refund.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, easy to assemble, fun to use., 19 April 2012
I purchased this product and was surprised that it came in a flat pack. It came right through the door easily. It was packed beautifully in bubble wrap. I put it together easily and will be using it constantly. Many thanks for a lovely item, which arrived very quickly.

Blueeyedboy
Blueeyedboy
by Joanne Harris
Price: 6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Startlingly insights., 1 Mar 2012
This review is from: Blueeyedboy (Paperback)
I recently finished reading this book, which I found extremely interesting and at times confusing. I recommend it. It's different.

I could identify with it in several ways, which made me smile and added to my enjoyment. For example: as a mother of three sons myself, I also used to colour code their clothes. When you have a husband and three sons, believe me, you have to do something with the socks and pants, otherwise you end up with a sock mountain in the airing cupboard, which nobody will touch. In my case, it was brown for dad, navy for son 1, red for son 2 and beige for son 3. In the case of the three brothers in the book, it was black, blue and brown. It coloured their lives and gave them identifies. Interesting! I don't think it did that with mine, but maybe it did. I must ask them.

I want you to read this book. It will take you into a different, scarier world (if that is possible). The main character is BB, his mother's blue eyed boy, but he is damaged. He suffers from terrible migraines, brought on by strong smells and stress. I get those too for the same reasons so I sympathised with him. He lives mainly in his imagination. He writes fiction on his web journal and he fantasizes about a girl called Bethan, alias Albertine. He plots murders, trying to escape from his hum drum ordinary world. Sometimes it is hard to draw the line between fact and fiction in this novel. I guess Joanne H. planned it that way.

I admire Joanne for pushing the boundaries. Read the book. See what you think.

Page: 1 | 2