Profile for Ellie Urs > Reviews

Content by Ellie Urs

Ellie Urs "elaineidaspider" (Rural Suffolk)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15
Wool (Wool Trilogy)
Wool (Wool Trilogy)
Price: 3.32

4.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing Post apocalyptic sci-fi, 11 July 2013
I read all the reviews and purchased this based on the reviews. It did not disappoint. The plotting is fast moving, and flows easily, the characters could bear fleshing out a little more, but I'm sure that will come with the next book.

All Aliens Like Burgers (The Truxxe Trilogy Book 1)
All Aliens Like Burgers (The Truxxe Trilogy Book 1)
Price: 5.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Surreal, funny, rollocking ride, 11 July 2013
This reads very easily, although I did wonder if it was a young adult's book. I neglected to check that when I bought it. But very good characterization, plotting and I look forward to the sequel.

Apprenticed To Spirit: The Education of a Soul
Apprenticed To Spirit: The Education of a Soul
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Invigorating, thought provking, inspirational, 18 Jun 2013
I regularly read David Spangler's column (from the desk of David Spangler) and recently I was browsing on Lorian.org and read all about this book.

I had been somewhat of a doldrums but reading this book (so far) has inspired and shifted my energies to look again at the path and move forward into my soul mission.

David writes well and articulates complex theory and abstract philosophies so well that I can immediately grasp the basics and also be inspired to read more on incarnational spirituality.

Recommended to anyone who is searching for inspiration or a spiritual education.

Vita Coco 100% Natural Coconut Water with Peach and Mango 330 ml
Vita Coco 100% Natural Coconut Water with Peach and Mango 330 ml
Offered by Best4Deals
Price: 5.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Rehydrating goodness, 18 Jun 2013
All the guff I read about coconut water being the next great thing is good spin, but actually when I find I have stopped drinking as much water as I should this little box of goodness does the trick.

Tastes great, rehydrates quickly and is amazing straight from the fridge. Have your own packet of straws and you are away!

CyberStorm
CyberStorm
Price: 2.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Page turning sci fi with great Characters., 18 Jun 2013
This review is from: CyberStorm (Kindle Edition)
This is a prequel to the Complete Worlds of Atopia - which I read superfast & even abandoned FB to finish. THis book I bought on a promo offer and was very happy with the book.

It is set several years before the Atopia book, and while it is not necessary to read that book first, it is helpful because I had a grounding in the ideas of synthetic reality and cyber warfare.

This is set in NY at some point in the future where 80% of the population of America live in Cities, and this is considered by some, certainly by the main character, to be a good thing. However when the world unravells one can see how this could be a major liability.

This author creates an emotional connection between the reader and the characters, and yet also brings a great plot, riveting fast paced narrative, whilst also exploring the darker sides of humanity as well as the hope and courage of humanity. We come to see the shadow and the light of humanity.

While I am a very fast reader, it is noteworthy that I read this book in 3 hours flat, and now wish to read anything else this author writes.

If you enjoy this book I heartily recommend the Complete worlds of Atopia - hard sci fi with great narrative, plotting and characterisation - a rare thing to find a page turning fast paced sci fi book that is also thought provoking and memorable.

Long-Handled Rubber Grip Bath & Massage Brush
Long-Handled Rubber Grip Bath & Massage Brush
Offered by beautifully organic
Price: 7.83

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the body, but not the mind, 24 April 2013
It is good the body, and has those little massaging balls for lymphatic massage, but the bristles are not really firm enough, and the most annoying thing is that as it is in 2 pieces, it falls apart when too vigorous.

A Wrinkle in the Skin
A Wrinkle in the Skin
by John Christopher
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Post apocalyptic good quality writing, 24 April 2013
This review is from: A Wrinkle in the Skin (Paperback)
I've seen this on a good few lists, and wanted to read it for a while. I would put it on the same level as Earth Abides another classic of the genre. It's set in a time before mobile phones and the internet connected world. It posits the end of the world as a sudden unforseen natural event. It also has a hopeful ending which in these times is a novelty. I always like a little hope at the end.

Crazy Jack Organic Squeezy Agave Syrup 250 ml(Pack of 3)
Crazy Jack Organic Squeezy Agave Syrup 250 ml(Pack of 3)
Price: 9.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Low Gi, and organic., 24 April 2013
I use a lot of honey in the recipes I bake or make, and sometimes I swap it out for this. It's a low GI and good for you. Recommended to anyone who is allergic to honey, or wants a lower GI count.

The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook
The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook
by Deb Perelman
Price: 13.60

5.0 out of 5 stars A Smitten Reader, 24 April 2013
I have recently discovered this lady's blog and love the recipes but also the writing. I've been wanting this for a while and now I have it I am reading it in bed and baking from it already.

Recommended to anyone who already bakes but wants some helpful hints, great recipe ideas and appreciates good writing.

Biona Organic Plain Choc Brazil Nuts 100g
Biona Organic Plain Choc Brazil Nuts 100g
Offered by TheHealthBay
Price: 2.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Organic and Good, 24 April 2013
Great product, organic and dark chocolate. What's not to like? The packaging may be plain but you can't eat packaging, and these are good for your skin, hair, nails and brain.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15