Profile for Hayley-Jane > Reviews

Content by Hayley-Jane

Hayley-Jane (UK)

Car + Home Stereo Auxiliary AUX-IN Input Lead / Cable 3.5mm for iPods, iPhone 6, 6+, 5S, 5, 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, smartphones, mp3 players and tablets (1.2m)
Offered by InCarCables Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product-versatile for a variety of uses., 2 Jun 2014
I got hold of this cable recently as I was looking for a male to male Aux cable for transferring music from a drum pad to a 4 track mixer...it's very versatile and can be used in many different set ups hence why I chose it not only for car uses. Though I knew I'd have to use a further adapter (Which I already had) for one end for that purpose so that wasn't an issue at all and is purely down to the mixer having a larger jack socket...sound quality coming through is perfect, the wire is of a strong and sturdy build quality and I can also use it with my ipad too which is another added bonus when transferring music samples from one place to another, and the reason I chose this is the smaller jack plugs at both ends is that they are generally more versatile on a lot of modern technology. So other uses are endless...The wire itself came well packaged and was delivery swiftly. All in all I'm 100% happy with this purchase as it suits many of my needs. Lead length is adequate for most things. Neither too short or too long. Quality piece of kit to have around.

Polaroid Optics 58mm 4 Piece Close Up Filter Set (+1, +2, +4, +10)
Polaroid Optics 58mm 4 Piece Close Up Filter Set (+1, +2, +4, +10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Extension Tubes Versus Diopter Filters, 7 Jun 2013
So first of all I tried extension tubes and I discovered they were suitable for slower work still life and did the trick initially for experimenting with macro.

The set I chose to test had no electrical contacts so no auto focus and tripod was a virtual necessity at all times.

Then I tried these filters by polaroid.

The good thing about using filters is you don't have to cut out your auto focus function and rely on a tripod to steady things. They fit snug and are double threaded so you can layer them to your best advantage for the effect you require. They arrive in a handy wallet which protects them somewhat from travel damage. They are small enough to put in your kit bag without adding too much weight and bulk to your usual kit bag. Most of all they work and they are easy to use. No fiddling about really you just screw them to the lens and away you go, which means they are the option I'd use at a budget price when I'm out and about and need to take quicker macro shots. The extension tubes would just be too slow to capture a posing butterfly or dragonfly on the move.

Naturally the more you can spend in photography on your kit-the better the product and the results you can expect, in photography you really do get what you pay for. However for their price I have to say they have exceeded my expectations and will prove to be fun out in the field I'm sure.
Comment Comment | Permalink

MACRO EXTENSION Full Set TUBES Fits CANON EOS SLR & DSLR,1D 1Ds 7D 6D 5D 10D 20D 30D 40D,50D,60D,70D,100D,500D,550D,600D,650D,700D,1000D,1100D 1200D Camera DSLR.
Offered by BV-electronics

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick, 6 Jun 2013
Pros-

Definitely does the trick for those wanting to try macro extensions at a cheap price
Fits both EF and EF-S Lens (Though EF-S can be a very slightly loose fit)
Acceptable results on a budget
Great for still life and general experimentation with macro

Cons-

Ideally needs a tripod
100% manual operation as described due to lack of electrical contact
Takes time to adjust and focus/bit fiddley so not ideal for out and about wanderings/quick shots
Screwing the tubes too tightly will make them difficult to undo-be aware

If you are a pro/intermediate photographer you won't need telling you get what you pay for. This is a nice little toy to have, but if you have the money to spend as with most things photography it's going to cost you for the top notch results. Don't buy this product if you are looking for the highest quality results-you won't get them for a tenner! But you will get reasonable play time out of this. Which for now-is why I bought it.

Advice for beginners:Here is what I discovered-

There is a small clasp on the lens connection end which you have to pull out to release the lens it pulls back the pin that holds the lens in place.
If you don't do this as mentioned previously your lens will be locked in.

My 18-55mm kit lens seems to be working the best so far as an all-rounder.

You do need to get your lens up real close to the subject to get the best results so decent light is equally important.

Conclusion: good to have around for fun and experimentation with macro. Ideally auto focus and electrical contacts would be nice/or a really nice macro lens arrangement. For now-this'll do!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Shrine of the New Generation Slaves (Limited Edition)
Shrine of the New Generation Slaves (Limited Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Done it again! Never Do They Fail., 22 Jan 2013
Absolute excellence! Musically speaking, conceptually brilliant; lyrically and vocally, just what the doctor doesn't usually order but what every good patient needs, I keep my appointments here always. There’s no cure for great music, but yet more great music. Riverside for some reason hit the nail right on the head every time, this one is no exception. The experience just gets better all the time. Perhaps this is because with each new release there is always more to run about the corridors of your mind.

While I can’t recommend this latest release highly enough to newcomers or anyone already familiar with this band, each of the previous albums are just as important.

The way I have come to look at Riverside as a collective and the experience of listening to them is this: The music is like a magical box; contained within a box shaped like a CD case or record sleeve you remove the box from the box and let it play, once it plays all kinds of magical things happen. If you will knock on their door, through the sound box you won’t be disappointed. Brilliant work and I can also highly recommend all Lunatic Soul albums with an equal amount of due respect.

Pink Moon
Pink Moon
by Gorm Henrik Rasmussen

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly Formed In Every Way, 27 Feb 2012
This review is from: Pink Moon (Paperback)
I've been into Nick Drake for many years now and read a stack of articles in magazines,in biographies and watched documetaries, I've spent a very long time 'In Search of Nick Drake' this artist who doesn't just enter into your ears but enters into your soul and makes himself a home in there.

This is however the only book I've read on Nick that I've felt completely at ease reading throughout. No cringing ensued as has often been the case in the past. It reads like a natural leisurely journey down memory lane. It doesn't sound like the author is trying to strain for information and there is no posing more questions than answers or any spark of conjecture. It is easy to read, and reads like an honest, true and sincere account from all who were involved in it. From the author on his own quest to 'Find Nick Drake' to the memories of those he had interviewed and met with who had known Nick in person.

I had initial reservations about purchasing 'another book' about my favourite artist ever largely due to past experience but I initially decided to purchase it mainly for the fact he actually had the opportunity to speak to Nick's parents first hand and I was intrigued what they might say.

There was no skipping of a single page though to go to those parts I was captivated from start to finish and felt that finally a book had been written here that actually rang true.

I am so pleased it's been now translated from Danish to English so this wonderful book can finally reach the wider audience it deserves and I say this sincerely as a long-term Nick Drake fan that I'm very glad it's here now and I'd highly recommend it to anyone who is discovering Nick Drake for the first time as their first port of call in their quest to get to know him better.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2012 3:30 PM BST