Profile for R. Leslie > Reviews

Content by R. Leslie

R. Leslie (Hampshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Samsung F500 Pets Eco Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner.
Samsung F500 Pets Eco Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner.

1.0 out of 5 stars Releases as much dust back into the room as it picks up., 3 Jun. 2016
I've had this vacuum cleaner for about 18 months now and I hate it. I regularly clean all the filters because suction power significantly drops off if I don't, but it releases clouds of dust on starting and after cleaning the house with it, the entire outside of the machine is covered in fine dust. The design appears to be a bit faulty as the cylinder is also the handle, so if you pick it up to move it, you dislodge the seal from the motor to the canister thus reducing suction and increasing the flow of dust back into the room. I bought it because I have pets and it was a Which? best buy but it's been rubbish. I'm about to replace it with a different machine, probably not a cylinder vacuum as this has not been a good first experience of one.

Silentnight 3-Zone Memory Foam Rolled Mattress - Double (135 x 190 cm)
Silentnight 3-Zone Memory Foam Rolled Mattress - Double (135 x 190 cm)

3.0 out of 5 stars Double mattress but 3 inches too narrow for a double bed, 8 July 2015
We bought this mattress for our spare bed, a 4'6" double, and it's pretty comfortable, as you might expect from a Which? Best Buy. However, it's not as wide as it was advertised as being by about 3 inches, which is fairly significant on a bed this size. I thought it might expand as it settled but we've had it for over a year now and it's still the same size!

FF2 by FitFlop Shoes F-Pop Mary Jane Pale Gold UK5 Pale Gold
FF2 by FitFlop Shoes F-Pop Mary Jane Pale Gold UK5 Pale Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars Sparkly Fitflops - very comfortable, 7 July 2015
Lovely Fitflops, though feel somewhat tighter than my other pairs. They look great with jeans and are very comfortable - I can walk 5 or 6 miles in them without getting sore feet.

Heelys Sports Childrens Roller Skating Shoes green (4 UK, Sonar 7967)
Heelys Sports Childrens Roller Skating Shoes green (4 UK, Sonar 7967)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Heelys, 13 April 2015
11 year old loves these and glides around quite competently on them, despite normally being a boy who can trip over fresh air.

Just Seed Cress - Curled - 60g Approx 22,000 Seeds
Just Seed Cress - Curled - 60g Approx 22,000 Seeds
Offered by JustSeed UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother - nothing germinates, 13 April 2015
Nothing germinated. Not a single one. Now, I'm not the most gifted gardener in the world but even I can normally grow cress! Took ages to arrive too as it turns out it was posted from the Far East.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2015 11:06 PM BST

Lancôme Gel Eclat 125 ml
Lancôme Gel Eclat 125 ml
Offered by VIS International Corporation Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cleanser even for sensitive skin, 25 April 2014
This is the only cleanser I have ever used that doesn't either dry my skin out so that it goes red and flaky or give me spots after three or four days' use! (And, as I'm nearly 40, I have tried quite a few over the years.....) It effectively removes makeup and a little goes a really long way so it doesn't work out as expensive as it might seem. I'd recommend it.

7 Litre Urba Kitchen Food Waste Caddy MOSS GREEN + FREE roll of 10 compostable liners
Offered by Wormcity

3.0 out of 5 stars Lid doesn't shut brilliantly, 21 Sept. 2013
I bought this as a replacement for my previous kitchen compost caddy, whose lid shut very tightly and kept in all the horrible smells from the decomposing peelings that I don't take up to the compost bin at the top of the garden nearly as often as I should. Its handle broke though, so I had to get a new one. This one appeared to be identical but it isn't quite. It's great that you can use compostable bags with it (though you need to change these about every other day or all the liquid from your peelings soaks through and collects at the bottom of the bucket) but the lid doesn't shut completely down and if you've been peeling onions or whatever, there can be a bit of a smell the following morning. It probably works fine for people who aren't quite as lazy as me and empty it every day or so.

Twist Holder Clip Magic Roll Bun Hair Twist Braid Tool
Twist Holder Clip Magic Roll Bun Hair Twist Braid Tool
Offered by Factorykiss

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke first time, 1 July 2013
This product is a complete waste of money. It might be cheap but it broke the first time I tried to use it. Don't bother.

Useful 17 cm long Banana Clip hair accessory ,Brown tortoiseshell effect colourway ,Ideal shoulder length or Long hair .

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 17 Oct. 2012
Hair clip arrived promptly but broke the very first time I tried to put it into my hair. Complete waste of money even at £1.49 plus £1.50 delivery.

Boys' World: Doodling and Colouring (Doodles)
Boys' World: Doodling and Colouring (Doodles)
by Various Authors

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps them amused for hours, 23 Jun. 2012
I bought these books for my 7 and 9 year old boys to occupy them on a long plane trip, and was delighted to find they preferred doing this to playing on their iPods. In fact, they both kept dipping in and out of the books for the entire duration of the holiday. The concept is quite simple; on each double page there is a theme (for example, what did the mad scientist have in his lab, what monsters are lurking in the cave, complete the works of art in the gallery...), with a couple of examples already drawn in on a well-laid out, partially completed page. The kids then draw and colour what they think might fit with that theme, and get very involved in creating pictorial narratives on each of the pages. It seemed to draw them in much more than a standard colouring/puzzles book and kept them amused for hours. (Also meant the adults could have grown-up conversations whilst waiting for food to arrive in restaurants without the boys getting bored and fractious. Of course, your kids might well be better at sitting and waiting than mine are without the need for distractions!)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3