Profile for H. W. Polimerou > Reviews

Content by H. W. Polimerou

H. W. Polimerou "Happy Customer" (Greece)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Melissa & Doug Underwater Floor 48 Pc Jigsaw Puzzle
Melissa & Doug Underwater Floor 48 Pc Jigsaw Puzzle
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Purchase, 14 April 2013
This jigsaw is really good quality and the fact that it is so large makes it good for young children.

MyFirst Book of Greek Words (Bilingual Picture Dictionaries)
MyFirst Book of Greek Words (Bilingual Picture Dictionaries)
by Katy R. Kudela
Price: 5.37

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT THE BEST METHOD, 10 Oct 2012
THIS BOOK IS SUPPOSED TO TEACH GREEK TO A CHILD AND THEREFORE USES A LOT OF PICTURES. THIS IS GOOD BUT IN THAT CASE, AS IT CAN BE CLEARLY SEEN WHAT THE ITEM IS, THERE IS NO NEED TO ADD THE ENGLISH WORD.THIS ONLY CAUSES CONFUSION. ALSO, WHO SAYS THE OWNER OF THE BOOK IS AN ENGLISH SPEAKER!

NJS Heavy Duty Qualiy Guitar Footrest
NJS Heavy Duty Qualiy Guitar Footrest
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar
Price: 3.69

4.0 out of 5 stars As expected, 21 April 2012
This was bought for my young daughter, who has recently started playing the guitar. It helps her hold her instrument better which in turn improves her playing.

Ornami Ladies' Starfish Necklace and Earrings Set, Silver, Model S-PE001STAR 45 cm
Price: 11.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied, 21 April 2012
I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this jewellery. I bought it for my 7 year old daughter but now I have seen it, I would gladly wear it myself. The set looks nice and is well finished off. You would certainly find it hard to get better value for money.

Billionaire Boy
Billionaire Boy
by David Walliams
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars HAPPY CUSTOMER, 17 Mar 2012
This review is from: Billionaire Boy (Audio CD)
THIS AUDIO CD ARRIVED QUICKLY AND SEEMS TO BE AS EXPECTED. HOWEVER, AS IT IS A PRESENT FOR MY DAUGHTER BUT I HAVE NOT GIVEN IT TO HER YET I CAN'T COMMENT ON THE STORY. ALL I KNOW IS THAT WE ALL ENJOY ANOTHER TWO AUDIO BOOKS THAT WE HAVE BY THE SAME AUTHOR - MR STINK AND GANGSTA GRANNY. THEY ARE NICELY READ AND ARE ALSO ENTERTAINING FOR ADULTS.

The Usborne Map of the World Jigsaw
The Usborne Map of the World Jigsaw

5.0 out of 5 stars HAPPY CUSTOMER, 17 Mar 2012
I AM HAPPY WITH THIS JIGSAW. IT IS AS SHOWN AND MY 7 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER WHO LOVES PUZZLES WILL BE PLEASED WHEN I GIVE IT HER FOR EASTER.

Look into my eyes (Ruby Redfort, Book 1): 1/6
Look into my eyes (Ruby Redfort, Book 1): 1/6
by Lauren Child
Price: 9.09

2.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTING, 6 Mar 2012
I BOUGHT THIS FOR MY 7 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER AS SHE IS A BIG FAN OF CLARICE BEAN.EVEN THOUGH SHE IS HALF ENGLISH, WE LIVE IN GREECE AND SHE GOES TO A GREEK SCHOOL SO I AM REALLY KEEN FOR HER TO LEARN GOOD ENGLISH. THAT'S WHY I BUY HER SO MANY BOOKS. HOWEVER, THE ENGLISH IN THIS BOOK IS A DISGRACE AND OFTEN GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT. I REALIZE IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE SET IN AMERICA, WHERE ANYTHING GOES, BUT AS I READ IT TO HER, I FELT COMPELLED TO CORRECT THE ENGLISH IN IT. AS FOR THE PLOT, I FIND THE STORY VERY SLOW AND BORING. MY DAUGHTER SAID SHE LIKED IT BUT I FEEL THERE ARE SO MANY BETTER BOOKS ON THE MARKET THAT CAN ALSO IMPROVE A CHILD'S LANGUAGE ABILITY.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2013 9:07 PM BST

Hairy Tales and Nursery Crimes
Hairy Tales and Nursery Crimes
by Michael Rosen

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Interesting, 18 Oct 2011
This was bought for my 5 year old daughter, who loves audio books. However. she rarely plays this one and does not find it at all funny or interesting.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2014 5:20 PM BST

Socks, Shocks and Secrets: The Spectacular Second Diary of Bathsheba Clarice De Trop!
by Leila Rasheed
Price: 5.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Oct 2011
My daughter is a great fan of this series and as she is only 6 and goes to Greek school I have read them all to her. She just wishes they were all available as audio books. We have a downloaded version of Chips, Beans & Limousine (1st in the series) which she knows by heart. I would say they are really for children over 8 or 9 but if your daughter is looking for something more interesting then give them a try.

Witch-in-Training - Witch Switch / Moonlight Mischief: AND Moonlight Mischief
Witch-in-Training - Witch Switch / Moonlight Mischief: AND Moonlight Mischief
by Maeve Friel
Price: 9.61

5.0 out of 5 stars BARGAIN, 18 Oct 2011
Although I have not listened to this story yet surely for the price you can't go wrong. As I do not live in the UK I have had to send it to a relative who does and it will be brought to me at Xmas. I am sure my 7 year old daughter will like it as she has read a few books from the same series in Greek.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3