Profile for Jake > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Razer Kraken Pro Neon Analog Gaming Headset - Purple
Razer Kraken Pro Neon Analog Gaming Headset - Purple

3.0 out of 5 stars What material is it made from?, 23 May 2015
It's no surprised that Razer Products are over priced, their build designs are good, and their products come with lots of loot too. Stickers, manuals, adverts.

Pros:
- Good mic quality for a headset.
- Good design.
- Gets comfortable on your head after a few weeks.
- Nicely hidden mic, it is located in the left ear of the headphone, it's hidden in a hole, I was panicking realizing it didn't have a mic, but I found it luckily.
- Soft materials.
- Nice color/s.
- Strong layered wire. (I have a glass top desk, and I'm wonder if this was causing all the disconnections on my old headset, in most cases, it was. With this headset, no worry, you can cut the wire with a knife and it will probably hurt one layer of wiring, or whatever it is protected by, it's slightly thick)

Cons:
- There is no where on any of Razer's websites, or all over the internet, which says what material these headsets are made of, especially the head part and the ear's... I can't tell if it's leather, or faux leather. Being vegetarian... I don't like the death of other animals, and it'd be heard breaking to know I bought a headset with a poor innocent animal's skin attached to it... But if they're used from organic materials, I can forgive you, I'd want to know that the animal lived a happy life.
- You can hear audio from the microphone, even when far away. This isn't a massive problem, but some friends and even myself can hear it sometimes. I do a bit of recording now and then, and I can sometimes hear the audio from my headset, through the microphone.

Over all, I wouldn't buy this headset again, only because it's poorly advertised as to what materials it is using. And you can hear audio through the microphone which is a big disadvantage to this headset, considering it sits comfortable in your head in a close area around your ears.
But only buy this if you're looking for the best build quality, certainly a basic easy to use headset.
Of course the audio is the same with every headset, it's good. But there is no best audio quality. I've used headsets from the prices of £1.00 - £60. And I see no difference between all the headsets I've used, although there is sometimes a problem with old headsets, where their volume is too low. I discovered.

AOC G2460FQ 24 inch Widescreen LED Multimedia Monitor (1920x1080, VGA, DVI, HDMI,1ms)

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good., 23 May 2015
Good monitor other all. Wasn't not impressed, but one thing kinda got me a little angry, that is having to automatically configure the settings in Windows.
Pros:
- Very nice screen resolution (1080p) it was crystal clear when I launched Rocksmith 2014, which is quite demanding for colors.
- Very good response time, I always had a disadvantage when gaming with a 5 MS screen, but now I got this beauty.
- Decent size for a 1-2 foot gap between the user and the monitor.
- It has one of every type of Video Display input.
- Comes with one of every type of Display Input Cable Connection.

Cons:
- You have to configure the refresh rate manually (You have to go to Control Panel\Adjust Screen Resolution\Find this monitor\Advanced Settings, click on the Monitor Tab, then under Monitor Settings, there should be a refresh rate, select 144hz from there, and apply, and ok)
- This monitor can only unleash 144hz using a DVI cable. So hopefully you have a Video Card which supports DVI from it's back end part.

Over all, it's a good monitor. For gaming at least. I was going to buy a 1440p monitor, but out of interest, I wanted to experience the faster gaming advantage side of gaming, because I've always been bought up with the saying "It's the gameplay that matters". The refresh rate is noticable, and so is the screen resolution. But if I were to say quality over quantity, for quantity, you'd want this monitor, for quality, if you want to have a better screen resolution, you should get a 1440p or up, monitor.

Inno3D iChiLL GTX 970 HerculeZ X4 Air Boss Ultra graphics card - GF GTX 970 - 4 GB

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressive., 23 May 2015
Love it. I've had this for two weeks.
I'll talk about how... sexy it looks.
You can see from the images, the fans on it are nice. Great design. On the PCB, there is a block attached to it, I am still unsure of what this is, but it seems to be like... some sort of freezer thing? I'm not sure, but what ever it is, it's keeping the PCB cool.

Pros:
- Runs at low temperatures, 36-38 degrees at idle in a 30 degree room, my computer case has 3 fans and a stock intel CPU cooler. Whilst under heavy load, it reaches as high as 64 Degrees? (This was when Grand Theft Auto V was glitching out, I got a random error and for some reason, the temperature just, flew up like that, it usually runs and stays at 56 Degrees) I also tried Borderlands The Pre-Sequel with all settings on. Got 100 FPS (i5 3330 quad core 3.00 ghz, 8 GB Ram, 2 TB Seagate HDD, Dell Motherboard, Corsair 500w PSU, and this GPU of course, welcome GPU). Of course, with Physx on Ultra, I had to try it out, and the lowest FPS I got was 25 FPS when spamming Physx effects, with just the odd splat, or few, you get around 50 FPS or more.
- Great performance.
- Decent size, it fit in my Sharkoon T9 Case, so it does fit in cases this big: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sharkoon-Value-ATX-Case-CPU/dp/B007TAT4P6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432376112&sr=8-1&keywords=Sharkoon+t9
- Fit in perfectly into my motherboard, I expected there to be trouble, but there wasn't.

Cons:
- This is really a con which doesn't effect performance, but I'd like to see a LED Visualizer for this GPU for those who like to make their PC's look attractive.

Over all, great card, I recommend buying this, or any other Inno3D product. It's perfect.

Kingston Technology 120GB Solid State Drive 2.5-inch V300 SATA 3
Kingston Technology 120GB Solid State Drive 2.5-inch V300 SATA 3

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected..., 23 May 2015
I think there's a misunderstanding between loading times and storage.
Let's go through the pro's:
- Decent storage space.
- Small compact storage device.
- Has a slightly faster loading time on games and applications than my hard drive. Installed Steam on the SSD and noticed that it opens almost instantly... but games... GTA V can take from 1 minute to 2 minutes to run when the hard drive takes 1.30-4 minutes. Not a big difference. And in Team Fortress 2, it took 35 seconds to load to a EU server, with this SSD, 25 Seconds.

Cons:
- Disappointing performance impact on games. (I was expecting like.. a flash of the loading screen, but nobody mentioned I'd still have to wait.
- Was a pain to set up, the hardware was fine though. (Basically, I had to use device manager and all these applications I'm not familiar with to set it up, but thanks to the internet, I managed to correctly install this storage device).
- Over all, I see it as a storage device, you're better off getting a well known, more expensive storage device with better performance than this SSD?

Is it worth buying?
Nope. Very simple, check other brands for their performance, do some research. This cheap false alarm of an SSD is pretty bad.

Rockburn ST Style Electric Guitar - Black
Rockburn ST Style Electric Guitar - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Rockburn ST Style Electric Guitar, 21 April 2015
It's okay. I bought this to play on a game called Rocksmith 2014. I'm not sure whether it's the pickups or the real tone cable but something is making the game unable to pick up some notes. But I've played with this guitar for over 300 hours. I've learnt some simple songs and advanced songs. I've never played guitar, and this was pretty fun to play. Although I do miss the 2 extra frets I could have had. The only other bad things I noticed about this guitar was that it was poorly structured to the point where I pulled out a magnifying glass to see how bad the structure was. (Inside the body I found some really horrible looking stuff in there, still have no clue what it is, but I ignore it since I only get in there to restring my High E string).
The tuners on this guitar aren't so great either, not sure if it's because of what I'm doing or if it's because of the poor design, but when I tune my super slink 0.09mm high e string sometimes, including down tuning it, it will break that string regardless, no warning, no obvious signs.

Overall, this guitar is great besides those small floors. I will keep this guitar personally as a guitar for E flat standard tuning and below since it can't withhold its high E string in E standard. (E Flat is lower than E standard for new guitar players, so the strings are tighter in E standard).
I would have saved up and gone for something else if I didn't know that the extra two frets and better pick ups would benefit me.

Blank Keyboard
Blank Keyboard
Offered by getDigital

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect keyboard!, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Blank Keyboard (Accessory)
It is great, I am a touch typer myself, this keyboard helped it out a lot. I used it and loved it too much I just forgot to write a review.
Best keyboard I've ever used, I also write 1,000-50,000 word fan fictions. Worth buying!

MSI Nvidia GTX 760 2GB DDR5 PCI-E Graphics Card
MSI Nvidia GTX 760 2GB DDR5 PCI-E Graphics Card

5.0 out of 5 stars MSI Nvidia GTX 760 2GB DDR5 PCI-E Graphics Card Review, 6 April 2014
Perfect graphics card! The best in fact, for the money it is. Along with this graphics card, I got a Corsair CX500 to fit into my computer, as I required a higher power supply. For my first time upgrading a computer, it was very easy to install, the length of the computer needs to be big for graphics cards like these, I am very impressed with how well it fit in my Dell Inspiron i660s.
(Requires 2 PCI connectors) Make sure your power supply has that... I forgot to plug one PCI in because I couldn't find the manual, but it's located in a black box for those wondering.

Assides from that, all the games I play run perfectly.
Max Settings Garrys Mod 1440p (Motion blur off): 60-200 FPS
Minecraft Shaders Mod Max settings 1080p (SEUS ULTRA, no blur): 45-80fps
Borderlands 2 Max Settings 1080p: 30-80fps
TitanFall Max Settings 1080p: 45-60fps (60fps cap :C)

Very surprising performance, works perfectly on balanced mode, I tried power saver for some of the games, but lagged.
As well as the impressive FPS, there is a disk inside the black box, which includes some software which is for changing settings on the GPU. I don't know much about this overclocking or fan speed stuff, but I know the disk comes with lots of software. MSI Afterburner was featured in this, which can adjust clock speed or something, and the fan speed. It's worth looking up if you're getting this graphics card, it is really interested.

Great card, for my first ever upgrade, it was perfect. Glad I saved up for this :D

Corsair Builder Series CX 500 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply Unit
Corsair Builder Series CX 500 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply Unit

5.0 out of 5 stars Corsair Builder Series CX 500 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply Unit review, 6 April 2014
Excellent Power Supply. It was my first time tangling with one of these components, I had to unplug my old standard Dell 300w PSU, to upgrade my PC any further. I decided to get this, at first I was a little suspicious, I had watched a lot of videos on how to upgrade a computer power supply, but they all helped a lot for this, since this product didn't come with a step by step guide manual. I don't know much about PC's at all, but I recommend this, it's easy to plug in and fit into your computer, I had no problems at all with it. Apart from upgrading my PSU, I upgraded my graphics card too, which was why I needed this, for my first ever time upgrading a computer, I was surprised to see everything working perfectly with this power supply. It fits in most PC's. I have a Dell Inspiron i660s, it fits in the case. It will be the computer with a i5 core inside it if you can't find the right computer case.

Enough about my computer, this has been running on balance mode, for 4 days, I am very impressed at how quiet it is too.
All it needs is a manual for the newer builders, then this would be a perfect product.

Mad Catz R.A.T.3 Mouse - Matte Black (PC DVD)
Mad Catz R.A.T.3 Mouse - Matte Black (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for gaming!, 11 Mar. 2014
I know what most of you are thinking, is it comfortable? yes it is, the gap doesn't even affect the way your hand wraps around it, the back part will support your hand so it rests on it and curves over the gap. Very comfortable, got controllable DPI settings whether to go up or down... still haven't figured out what the button on the very left does, mode or something? Changes colour anyway. The width is great for a guy with big hands like me, the multimedia keys are perfect too, along with the scroll button, I used to browse the web with a mouse that rusted away, because the paint job was poor, and these forward and back buttons got in my way, but the R.a.t 3 keys are even, I totally recommend saving up for one of these.

OV-Q5 USB Jack Stereo Headphone Headset w/ Microphone for PC Laptop
OV-Q5 USB Jack Stereo Headphone Headset w/ Microphone for PC Laptop
Offered by Mestall(Ship from HongKong)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works... okay, 7 Mar. 2014
It is a 32bit headset as far as I'm aware, it works at college but not on my Dell Inspiron i660 for some odd reason. Other than that, it works fine, plays music will, the little pad controller thing works great too, good headset for the price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4