Profile for T. Taylor > Reviews

Content by T. Taylor

T. Taylor "knotbook" (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
After
After
by Jane Hirshfield

5.0 out of 5 stars enigmatic poetry, 14 Jun 2014
This review is from: After (Paperback)
This is one of the best poetry books I have read fro a while. Her poems are enigmatic, moving and intelligent. First time I have come across assay poems and I really enjoyed them.

Requiem for My Friend
Requiem for My Friend

5.0 out of 5 stars moving and powerful, 14 Jun 2014
I had never heard of this guy but was watching the film Three Colours Red and an arresting snatch of his music was enough to make me research who it was. I bought this and have not been disappointed. Strong and sad choral music with the thing in music I always go for 'duende'. Buy it.

Columbia Men's Shimmer Me Timbers Vest - Black, Large
Columbia Men's Shimmer Me Timbers Vest - Black, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars very warm, 4 Jun 2014
Very warm very stylish - wore in April on the Isle of Colonsay in extremely cold strong winds. It kept me warm. Its quite bulky and not for summer use. Well made and stylish. Nice

Deluxe Yoga Mat Blue 190x60x1.5cm
Deluxe Yoga Mat Blue 190x60x1.5cm
Offered by Gorilla Sports UK

3.0 out of 5 stars good matt but, 8 Dec 2013
The matt is fine but no securing straps came with it as implied by the picture - disappointed! They should say straps not included!

Aputure Pro AP-WTR1N Coworker II Remote Shutter Release for Nikon D800 / D700 / D300

1.0 out of 5 stars It might be good but who knows, 16 May 2013
The written instructions are next to useless. I could not work out how to fit it to my cameras and have not actually used the thing yet. Message to manufacturer - write legible and proper instruction and have diagrams that can be understood. i suspect this ha been translated from another language by someone who has jusy used a dictionary.

Vanguard Supreme 40D Watertight O-Ring Sealed Strong Case with Divider System
Vanguard Supreme 40D Watertight O-Ring Sealed Strong Case with Divider System

5.0 out of 5 stars Strudy Case, 16 May 2013
I needed a case to keep my camera gear in one place = this fits the bill nicely one body, flash gun, several lenses and fliters all stored snugly and safely. keeps it all safe when traveling and the seal when shut is very tight. I like it. Made of durable plastic a good buy.

Lenspen NLP1 New Lenspen Original
Lenspen NLP1 New Lenspen Original
Offered by Camera Shop UK

5.0 out of 5 stars This product is really good, 21 Feb 2013
It cleans my camera lenses time after time and even good on my glasses. What a great little invention I think I will buy another. Great gift idea.

6 x MENS BRIEFS UNDERWEAR ELASTIC sizes S,M,L,XLSize:Large (36"-39" / 92cm-99cm)
Offered by Britwear

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap but not very good, 21 Feb 2013
I bought size L and am 34 inch waste but the were far too tight. The material is thin and there is no room for my man bits.

Ethos Hells Kitchen II Jupiter 4 Egg Poacher with Glass Lid in HK Gift Box
Ethos Hells Kitchen II Jupiter 4 Egg Poacher with Glass Lid in HK Gift Box

1.0 out of 5 stars non-stick flakey, 21 Feb 2013
After its second use the non-stick coating on one of the cups bubbled up and flaked off. not very good for such an expensive item.

My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done? [DVD] [2009]
My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done? [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Michael Shannon

1.0 out of 5 stars Just dumb, 9 Oct 2011
I watched this film last night with my girlfriend. I was excited by the prospect of a thriller made by two of my cinematic heroes. Well - I can't tell you how disappointed we were with this film. Okay its a film about a man's decline into mental illness but, as my girlfriend said, the thing about people who are becoming dellusional is that its very boring because they see significance in things that are just mundane or don't exist. Lynch can put oddball characters in a film and it is mesmerising but here its just dumb. A dwarf appears at one stage and there's no reason or impact. The actors did not seem to beleive in what they were doing and the whole thing felt like am' dram' at its worst. Do not waste money on this....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2011 10:22 AM GMT