Profile for Mr. P. Stamp > Reviews

Boo The World's Cutest Dog Boo Coin Purse
Boo The World's Cutest Dog Boo Coin Purse
Offered by My Swift

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible quality, 10 Aug. 2014
.Bought for my daughter's birthday and after having it in her bag for just one day it looked like it had been well used for a year or more - the corners of the purse were already worn through the outer surface just showing the material beneath. Not fit for purpose - fine I suppose if you are a collector of Boo merchandise and will put it on a shelf for display purposes but definitely not for use as an actual purse. I suspect within a week's use there would be nothing of the picture left. Returned for a refund which Amazon to their credit had no quibble with.

Spigen Samsung Galaxy S4 Case Protective [Slim Armor] [Champagne Gold] Dual Layer Protective Case for Galaxy S IV Galaxy SIV i9500
Offered by Keep in Case

4.0 out of 5 stars Good looking and extremely well built., 13 Mar. 2014
This is the third case I've bought for my Galaxy S4 and the only one I've kept for more than a week. I had an S-View flip open case and hated the flimsy quality, and a leather pouch style one and the phone slipped out and hit the deck the first time I took the phone out of the house, so in the end settled for a more traditional case.

I wanted an opaque case as I've had the semi-transparent ones before for other phones and they tend to yellow with age and look shabby, and from the photos this looked like a good solid case so I ordered one.

It has certainly lived up to my expectations - its very solid and feels like the phone could take a pretty serious drop without suffering any consequences. There is a slight elevated lip to the case which will hold the screen off any surface if you put it face down but obviously a screen protector is needed to offer real insurance for the screen.

The phone sits snugly inside a rubbery case and then a hard plastic shell wraps around the majority of the body to give the coloured accent. All the buttons and openings for the camera, charger, headphones, speakers etc are perfectly positioned and behave flawlessly so much that people might be excused for thinking it was a slightly large, chunky phone made by Spigen rather than a Samsung phone.

I have no complaints at all with the case so far, the only reason I give it 4 stars instead of 5 is that on the odd occasion I've had to take the cover off to access the battery or SIM card when I peel the phone out of the case the rubber flexes while the shell remains straight and I fear with careless handling it would be fairly easy for the shell to break off. Only a minor complaint and only really an issue for me as I was swapping SIMs regularly for a couple of weeks while on holiday - if you put your case on and leave it then it won't be a worry.

Anker® Ultra Slim Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Case Multi Angle Stand - Synthetic leather with smart cover - Automatic Sleep / Wake function for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8-Inch T3100 T3110 Tablet
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality tablet case for a bargain price, 24 Dec. 2013
For the price this is an unbeatable case - it is excellent quality, understated design and fits the device perfectly. The lid clicks shut giving a reassuringly solid clunk as the magnet holds the front in place.

The main body of the case is moulded plastic and will provide good protection against minor bumps and bashes which is in turn sandwiched in a rigid but thin flap that covers the plastic shell and folds round to protect the screen. The flap is hinged halfway up the back of the tablet to allow you to fold the case and stand the tablet up for viewing movies and it holds the screen up at a range of angles. when propped up it feels nice and solid, not like some where the case will collapse back to flat at the slightest touch.

Overall this is probably as good a case as I've seen for a tablet and an absolute steal at a tenner!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2014 11:33 PM GMT

Samsung Galaxy S4 Premium Cover - White
Samsung Galaxy S4 Premium Cover - White
Offered by Mobile24

1.0 out of 5 stars Horribly cheap tat, 24 Dec. 2013
Unfortunately buying this case is a minefield as all the reviews for this style case are lumped together regardless of who supplies them. I'd seen poor reviews on this style case selling for £1.99 and I found a supplier who I hoped was providing a superior version at £11.99 and opted for them. Should have gone for the cheap one as I suspect its exactly the same product.

Total rip off - obviously fake junk. The front flap is poor quality cardboard and doesn't stay shut but the worst is the perspex window which is full of bubbles like a badly applied screen protector. The rear of the case is slightly better but very rough around the edges.

Stay well clear - the only way of getting a decent quality S View case seems to be to stump up the £30 an buy direct from Samsung.

Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)
Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable daft romp - if you liked the first Langdon Books you'll like this too, 1 Jun. 2013
I know it has become rather fashionable to slate Dan Brown but this is undeniably a page turner and is very much in the same mould as the Da Vinci code, Angels and Demons etc

The constant barrage of art history can be a bit tedious and the main premise is nothing new but the twists and turns keep you guessing to the end and the book is nicely paced.

Overall if you are a fan of his earlier work you'll love it, if you hate them you'll hate this.

Best Birdwatching Sites: North-East England
Best Birdwatching Sites: North-East England
by Brian Unwin

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbly detailed and up to date, 10 May 2013
I cannot recommend this book highly enough for anyone wanting a detailed and up to date guide to bird watching sites in the northeast of England (essentially from North Yorkshire Moors up to Berwick Upon Tweed).

I already had "Where to Watch Birds in Northeast England" by Dave Britton which is a fine guide in its own right but when that had an unfortunate meeting with a cup of coffee I was looking to see if there was an updated version - as the version I had was updated in 2004 - when I came across this book.

Although the majority of the sites detailed in the books are the same, where this book scores over the "Where to Watch" offering are :
- More up to date (2012) so it includes accounts of rare sightings from the last decade
- Maps are of a higher quality including annotations as to prime spots within a site for specific species
- Includes several walks and drives
- Provides a % likelihood rating for species to give you a guide to your chances of seeing a species at a given site
- Gives a month-by-month guide of what happens where in the region

The only very minor criticism I have (and this is purely personal) is that space is given to telling you about local facilities such as refreshments and proximity to towns etc. Personally I'm not bothered about this information and I'd happily live without it and either have more space devoted to the sites and species or just make the book smaller.

All in all though I'd have to say this is the best book of its type I've seen - well worth the money and a great testament to the author who sadly died before it was published (and also to Ian Kerr who put the finishing touches to the book)
Comment Comment | Permalink

Iron Fist Palmistry Ace Short Sleeve Logo Men's T-Shirt Black Medium
Iron Fist Palmistry Ace Short Sleeve Logo Men's T-Shirt Black Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shirt - nice quality and comfortable, 12 Mar. 2013
This is a really good quality cotton shirt - well made and with some nice little details such as the brand logo discretely stitched at the bottom of the shirt.

Fits nicely, looks great.

Fitbit Ultra Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker
Fitbit Ultra Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker
Price: £229.00 - £275.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent motivational tool, 9 Dec. 2012
I bought one of these each for myself and my wife, alongside the Fitbit Aria Wifi Scales about two weeks ago and we've had a lot of fun using it in a bid to get in better shape.

The unit is small and unobtrusive and works as well in a pocket as it does clipped to a belt during the day and slips into a wristband for monitoring sleep at night.

Its not 100% flawless in some of its calculations - in particular its count of flights of stairs is a little suspect at times but over time any minor fluctuations will probably even themselves out.

I am having having to return mine as it has suddenly started to reboot itself for no apparent reason, but Amazon as usual have been perfect in terms of replacing it so hopefully I've just got a flaky unit (my wife's one has no such problems).

Where the device comes into its own is in conjunction with the Fitbit website which gives you assorted charts and graphs to help you set targets and visualise your progress towards them as your tracker uploads your data to build up a picture of your performance.

The website too has some minor niggles - for some reason it lists weights in stone as decimals which is confusing at first as what looks like 13 stone 8 is actually 13.8 stone (13 stone 11). There is an active community on the website which is moderated by Fitbit staff and developers so I'm confident that the problems will get ironed out.

All in all its a great aid to driving you on towards fitness - I've lost 9 lbs in two weeks using its calculations as to how many calories I can eat to match up to my activity (or lack of it)!

If my replacement unit turns out to suffer from the same problem as the first one then I'll knock the review down to 3 stars but I'm happy to treat it as just a one-off problem.

Black's Chocolate Covered Salt Liquorice (pack of 3)
Black's Chocolate Covered Salt Liquorice (pack of 3)

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice but very expensive, 27 Nov. 2012
In common with one of the other reviewers I'd have to say the photograph is very misleading. Admittedly the price is for three boxes of liquorice but the quantity shown probably equates to the quantity of all three boxes put together.

Its a nice enough taste and beautifully presented but even at Black Friday deal prices its something of a rip off.

Neet® Optical Microfibre SCREEN / LENS Cleaning Cloth - 30cm x 30cm - Suitable for Plasma, LCD, TFT, Camera Lens, iPhone, iPad, Auto etc.
Offered by Neet Cables

2.0 out of 5 stars OK but a tendency to leave fluff everywhere, 27 Jun. 2012
I bought this to try and keep my Sony Tablet S relatively free of finger prints, and its a good size soft cloth that does a good job of removing marks and finger prints.

Only problem is it sheds fibres after only a few uses which means you spend 2 minutes wiping away finger prints and another minute using something else to brush off the grey fibres from the cloth itself!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2012 11:51 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4