Profile for Tony1044 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Battery for Samsung GT-i5800, 3.7V, 1500mAh, Li-ion
Battery for Samsung GT-i5800, 3.7V, 1500mAh, Li-ion

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits and works, 4 April 2014
Fits nicely. Holds a good charge and feels well constructed. Keeps my phone going for a few days of light use now.

Mans Evolution T-Shirt® EVO Mens Ape to Scuba Diving brand new original gift present (X-Large)
Offered by Mans Evolution Merchandise

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a t-shirt, 4 April 2014
Well made and comfy, but...it's a t-shirt. What more can you say? OK I guess: colours don't run and it's a nice fit.

Chichester FSC Eucalyptus Wood Outdoor Sunlounger With Weather-Tex Cushion
Chichester FSC Eucalyptus Wood Outdoor Sunlounger With Weather-Tex Cushion

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but bits missing, 4 April 2014
Received in good order. Generally a high quality product that is fairly easy to put together however I've got two problems: The first being that where the front uprights go into the frame (close to where the curved handles are in the picture), despite being pre-drilled holes they've split between the screw holes.

Ok, very fine split but there all the same (correct screws, per the instructions).

Secondly the washers that should hold the wheels in place are missing. They're shown on the picture on the front of the box and on the picture on Amazon (centre of the wheel). I emailed the missing parts address almost a week ago - got an automated reply asking for the information I'd provided in another format so I did this. Not heard a thing.

So what was supposed to be a nice mothers day gift is currently unusable and that's a shame because otherwise the quality if fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good light but..., 3 Jan. 2014
Well first the pro's - it's a bright light in a small package - I did originally want the 800 but after sending an enquiry to L&M (who were the stockists) to determine if they were an older generation etc due to the seemingly low price, they disappeared from Amazon.

Not too heavy so when it's over the hand it is nice and comfortable.

I like the features such as the three levels of brightness and that they start at the lowest for the longest burn time but must admit that so far, it's been a case of turn on, ramp up to max and dive with it.

I also like the fact that you can charge it without removing anything so no risk of accidentally damaging the seals etc removing batteries and lower wear and tear. That said, L&M recommend you remove and reverse the battery prior to travelling anyway if flying.

The slight downsides:

A loop to clip to a BCD Or Wing would have been nice;
As others have mentioned across this range, the LED's showing remaining battery capacity are all but useless underwater as they can be so difficult to see.

Whilst I can see how L&M have tried to make the power slider easy to use in gloves - it twists to lock off, and then slides forwards to turn on, change the brightness levels or turn off. Slide and hold (backwards I think, from memory) for 4s and it'll spell out SOS in Morse Code - it just seems a bit easy to not quite lock off and have it running in the boot of the car/pocket of the BCD without realizing.

Overall I am happy with it. It feels well built and is certainly powerful for the size but the little niggles just stop me from being able to give it a full 5 stars.

Ben Line
Ben Line
by GraemeH Somner

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful Christmas present, 3 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Ben Line (Hardcover)
I bought this for my dad who sailed with Ben Line between the late 1960's and 1973 when I was born (and the reason he left the merchant navy).

This, along with a smaller and briefer book, also by Graeme and between them have made for the perfect Christmas present.

I believe dad has now found every ship he sailed on with Ben Line, including the details and pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 29 Nov. 2013
This torch is quite heavy for its size but gives off a fantastic light when compared to torches much bigger and more powerful (and more expensive).

Yes,it is never going to be in the same class as a £300+ canister light but it gives off a good, very white, beam with just enough spread to light up around it.

Comfy in the hand, it's currently my primary light.

The switch is very positive to use - it's a magnetic switch so nothing to leak - even in gloves.

Highly recommended.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2014 11:29 AM GMT

5.0 out of 5 stars Good knife, 29 Nov. 2013
This is a good, sharp and heavy knife. The build quality feels superb and the straps supplied hold it well.

I opted for the yellow case and it is nicely bright and easy to see and the knife clips in with a nice solid click and feels very secure.

I wanted a knife that wasn't pointed to minimise the risk of accidentally opening a hose.

Other than that, there's not much else to say - it's a knife. :)

kenable External CAT5e Outdoor Use COPPER Ethernet Network Cable Reel UTP 100m
kenable External CAT5e Outdoor Use COPPER Ethernet Network Cable Reel UTP 100m
Offered by kenable_ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Cannot get >100Mbit speeds, 6 Sept. 2013
Ran a length of cable (not new to this - done hundreds over the years) and connected two x 1GBit routers. Oddly they'd only connect at 100Mbit.

Since I'd had to make a tighter-than recommended bend for solid cable, I assumed I'd possibly damaged a core so I re-ran ensuring nice big, rounded corners this time and got the same thing!

I tried different routers at each end and had the same result - all kit set to run at gigabit or autodetect (the former wouldn't work and the latter connected predictably at 100Mbit).

So I made two more, shorter cables and connected them to various bits of kit. Borrowed a cable checker to make sure I hadn't done something silly - none of the cables showed a problem.

Not a single cable connected at more than 100Mbit.

So if you're only planning on running this for a broadband connection you should be ok, but for a LAN connection it's poor.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2014 9:21 AM BST

Aqua Sphere Kayenne Lady Women's Swimming Goggles - Transparent/Fuschia, 18 cm
Aqua Sphere Kayenne Lady Women's Swimming Goggles - Transparent/Fuschia, 18 cm

3.0 out of 5 stars I only buy AquaSphere goggles, 12 July 2013
I only buy this brand now for myself, my wife and my son because simply they're comfortable. well fitting and most importantly, keep the water out.

These, though are kids' sized. They are a good 20% smaller than every other pair (and we have about half a dozen now), so you might want to take that into account.

They look great but jury is still out on how well they're going to fit the wife in the water.

Brooks Unisex-Adult T7 Racer White/Grey/Royal Trainer 1000191D690 10.5 UK, 11.5 US
Offered by Runmarkt

5.0 out of 5 stars Great trainers but on the very small side, 12 July 2013
After reading a review of these in one of the Tri magazines, I bought a pair. I took the reviewers advice and bought a half a size bigger than normal but even that turned out to be not quite enough. I would buy a full size up on what you ordinarily wear.

They're a snug fit and tend to rub a bit on the toes if you're not careful.

They are ridiculously light, and I have to say, look fab too.

They are geared more towards the mid-strike runners though, just for warning.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6