Profile for amitdosani > Reviews

One False Move
One False Move
by Harlan Coben

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst book I have ever read, 15 Feb. 2005
This review is from: One False Move (Paperback)
Now I have to say that this book made me laugh out loud. It wasn't the one liners that many in this page refer to. It was because the use of language is INCREDIBLY BAD!
Now I agree that not everyone is able to write with the fluidity of a Salman Rushdie (let's face it, who else can), but there should be certain standards in literature, otherwise any one of us could claim to be a writer. How any publisher worth his or her salt published this book is beyond me.
As for the plot, well it's been described in intimate detail in the reviews below. Let me just say that it was laughable - imagine the most ridiculous but obvious things happening, and there you have it.
No wonder standards of children in the English language are plummeting, if junk like this can become a best seller. I picked this book up in a hotel book exchange in South America as light reading (it was the only book) - I can understand why someone left it behind.