Profile for Ms. Sheila A. Hyem Hunter > Reviews

Content by Ms. Sheila A. ...

Ms. Sheila A. Hyem Hunter (Cornwall, U.K.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Andrew James Electric Egg Boiler In Red, With Steamer Attachments - 7 Egg Capacity & 2 Year Warranty
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars ... for a most disappointing egg boiler which was no good at all, 9 Jan. 2016
Sent this as replacement gift for a most disappointing egg boiler which was no good at all. The Andrew James Egg Boiler has duly arrived and my relative is delighted with it. The holders for the eggs are large enough to hold normal sized medium and large British eggs, they are cooked perfectly, and the buzzer is loud enough to hear from the room next to the kitchen. I am so pleased to hear that this second attempt at sending an electric egg boiler has been such a success. Additionally, the cheerful colour is an added bonus!

Vanished Ocean
Vanished Ocean
by Dorrik Stow

5.0 out of 5 stars An incredibly good read - it kept me spellbound throughout Christmas, 28 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Vanished Ocean (Hardcover)
Absolutely wonderful book - kept me spellbound until the last page, when I started again at the beginning to catch all the information I was bound to have missed in such a concentrated feast on the first reading. I had heard of the Tethys Ocean, but had certainly not before appreciated the extent of the then world it covered, and the extent of the effect of its closure on such a wide area of Europe, North Africa and Asia. Professor Stow's book has filled in so many of the enormous gaps in my understanding, especially of mountain building episodes - The Alps, the Himalayas, and so many other gaps as well. This book is so delightful in that a complete layman with no knowledge of geology or oceanography could be spellbound by it and the fast-moving pace of the text. Oh for a television series based on this book - or even just one humdinger of a programme.

South West England (British Regional Geology)
South West England (British Regional Geology)
by British Geological Survey

3.0 out of 5 stars When ordering this I did not realise its early date ..., 14 May 2015
When ordering this I did not realise its early date of publication. I rather suspect that contemporary geological opinion may differ in a few instances, but nevertheless an interesting read as background.

The Islamist: Why I joined radical Islam in Britain, what I saw inside and why I left
by Ed Husain

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely informative and gives a good insight into the thinking behind young Moslem's attempts to ..., 14 May 2015
Had already read this from the library, but this copy bought as a gift. Extremely informative and gives a good insight into the thinking behind young Moslem's attempts to leave their mainstream Islamic families and join the so-called Islamic State movement. I read the book to become better informed on this subject and am now on a mammoth reading spree of books filling in my abysmal ignorance of the Ottoman Empire and its fall.

A Walkers' Guide to the Geology and Landscape of Western Mendip (Earthwise Guides)
by A. R. Farrant

5.0 out of 5 stars The booklet comes in a neat folder with geological map of the area in a separate pocket of the folder - very neat and easy to tu, 14 May 2015
This is an extremely informative guidebook to the geology, flora and fauna of Western Mendip. The booklet comes in a neat folder with geological map of the area in a separate pocket of the folder - very neat and easy to tuck into outside pocket of backpack. I love the detailed information on the flora, which includes the Latin as well as the common name, and is very informative on the different geologies beneath on which different species of wild plant are to be found.

The Cazalets [DVD] [2001]
The Cazalets [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Hugh Bonneville

5.0 out of 5 stars Like other reviewers I read before purchase, 10 May 2015
This review is from: The Cazalets [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
Like other reviewers I read before purchase, I wish the series had continued to cover all the books. The casting was perfect and no anachronisms such as can be heard in Downton Abbey, and the atmosphere of just pre-war and wartime is captured beautifully.

AA Road Atlas Britain 2015 (Road Atlas)
AA Road Atlas Britain 2015 (Road Atlas)
by AA Publishing
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Good as ever, 10 May 2015
Good as ever. Just needed an up to date version. I don't go for SatNav even though my car has one - it is far too fiddly to set up and I want to know where in the UK I actually am!

REPLACEMENT CARD INSERTS FOR BLACK CREDIT CASE WALLET HOLDS 16
REPLACEMENT CARD INSERTS FOR BLACK CREDIT CASE WALLET HOLDS 16
Offered by THE WALLET SHACK

1.0 out of 5 stars Have now bought a couple of metal cases that look like old-fashioned cigarette cases, 10 May 2015
I sent it back. The description indicated that it would be proof against people being able to pinch credit card numbers inside the wallet. The device to prevent this appeared to be a loose envelope that would have been lost very quickly, as well as being fiddly to get your card out of. What happens if you have more than one card to protect? Apart from the envelope thingey, it was just an normal wallet, which type I was aiming to replace. Have now bought a couple of metal cases that look like old-fashioned cigarette cases, but which do the job.

Scoobee iPod RCA stereo retractable cable - white
Scoobee iPod RCA stereo retractable cable - white

4.0 out of 5 stars and I can't do without podcasts for those dreary times like Saturdays and Sunday mornings, 10 May 2015
While it continues working, it works very well. However, I have had to buy three of these at intervals. Something happens to stop the internal wiring connecting properly and it goes intermittently, then gives up working altogether. Still, I know it works in my car, with my car's connectors for IPOD, and I can't do without podcasts for those dreary times like Saturdays and Sunday mornings, and 11.00 - 12.15 am when Radio 4 has nothing on that I like listening to, so the Ipod is a must.

Dentemp Reline-It Denture Reliner Kit
Dentemp Reline-It Denture Reliner Kit
Offered by Deals of UK

5.0 out of 5 stars My second pack of this excellent solution to loose dentures, 10 May 2015
My second pack of this excellent solution to loose dentures. I cannot afford to repeat the £90 for top and £90 for bottom denture charged by my dentist.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3