Profile for shaumbra > Reviews

Content by shaumbra

shaumbra (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Smartwool Adult Hike Light Crew Socks - Denim, Medium (5 - 7.5)
Smartwool Adult Hike Light Crew Socks - Denim, Medium (5 - 7.5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good socks., 24 May 2015
Thinner and less long lasting than they used to be, but I still love Smartwool and get these when on offer.

Ashworth Womens Golf Socks - 1 Pair - Light Blue - WS9003 - 4-7 UK
Ashworth Womens Golf Socks - 1 Pair - Light Blue - WS9003 - 4-7 UK
Offered by LeSports

4.0 out of 5 stars They dont slip down your shoes., 24 May 2015
Nice socks, if a bit thin. Crucially, they dont slip down in my shoes.

HoMedics iHeal Tissue and Cell Repair Unit
HoMedics iHeal Tissue and Cell Repair Unit
Offered by Norstar Magnetics Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Didnt work for me., 24 May 2015
For a few quid I thought it worth a try. Wore it constantly day and night for several weeks on a dodgy knee, wearing underneath tubigrip and occasionally moving around to a different position. No noticable difference at all.
Glad it has helped other people - though I suspect it is largely a placebo effect, especially when people say they feel immediately worse once they stop wearing it.
Well, whatever works works, so I cant knock it, if it works for some even if it's placebo. If you are in pain it is worth a try for just a few quid and it is quite discreet to wear.

Tropical Forest Organic Fairtrade Zambian Forest Honey Set (Pack of 6)
Tropical Forest Organic Fairtrade Zambian Forest Honey Set (Pack of 6)

3.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to like this honey but didnt., 28 April 2015
I really wanted to love this honey, to support fairtrade and to find a really decent honey. It is very strong flavoured and the smell is pretty off-putting (reminds me of dishcloths that are in need of a clean!) I'm sure it is an acquired taste, but I am half way through the jar and still not really liking it as I do other honeys. The taste IS better than the smell and I find it surprisingly ok to sweeten tea.
Although I wont be buying it again, it is still much superior to the awful sweet supermarket honeys you get.

Auberge Du Chocolat Gold Great Taste Award Selection Chocolate Heart Box 325 g
Auberge Du Chocolat Gold Great Taste Award Selection Chocolate Heart Box 325 g

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice for a treat., 11 April 2015
Nice but a bit over rated, I think.
Firstly, one star knocked off because of the packaging. Lovely box but with no plastic tray the chocs are just loose and means they are going to get all jumbled about in the box in the post. Given this will probably be bought as a gift box of chocolates, that is just not acceptable. You can slide the ribbon off and replace so I would advise trying to tidy the loose chocs up a bit, though the little cases dont seem to fit the chocolates either)
I actually bought these as a treat for myself and got them at a quarter of the price listed through a Warehouse deal. Yes they are good quality chocolates and the flavours are subtle and tasty ( with the exception of the salt/spice choc which was pretty overpowering and not nice). However, they started to feel a bit samey, with the centres all being of the same soft texture but with different flavours.
There were about 25 chocs, and 2 to 3 of each kind, mostly the same thin rectangular shape, not very exciting.
Anyway, I did appreciate them for the price paid, but am not hankering for any more - which is just as well given the full price.

Simple Kind To Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes 7s
Simple Kind To Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes 7s
Offered by Semichem

4.0 out of 5 stars Best wipes out there., 5 April 2015
Best on the market. Simple!

Higher Nature Ocean Kelp 300mg Pack of 180
Higher Nature Ocean Kelp 300mg Pack of 180

2.0 out of 5 stars Didnt work for me., 5 April 2015
No noticeable effects upon taking this supplement.

REFLEX MEN'S ROUND GOLDEN DIAL WATCH WITH BLACK STRAP 101223GT
REFLEX MEN'S ROUND GOLDEN DIAL WATCH WITH BLACK STRAP 101223GT
Offered by BM ENTERPRISE (UK) LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars Gold face., 5 April 2015
Just a warning - the face of this watch is actually more gold than the photo suggests. I bought by mistake for my father who has macular degeneration to replace an earlier version with a white face. As he cannot see it so well, I had to return it.

Urtekram Organic No Perfume Body Lotion 245 ml
Urtekram Organic No Perfume Body Lotion 245 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent moisturiser., 5 April 2015
I've been looking for a replacement for the old Avalon organics no perfume hand and body lotion, which used to be so good and is now sticky and doesnt absorb (unless they have changed the ingredients again since my last purchase); this is the best I've found. It's not too thick and absorbs really well and of course has no smell (just a slight smell of the carrier base).
Urtekam also do a body lotion called Nordic Birch, which only has a light smell ( which is fresh and pleasant) which I discovered before this one and either one are good if you dont like, or react to, strong perfumes.
I've only knocked a star off because it is a bit pricey.

Grisport Women's Hurricane Hiking Shoes Grey 8 UK
Grisport Women's Hurricane Hiking Shoes Grey 8 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice boots except for one thing., 4 April 2015
Had to return these as straight out of the box there was noticeable creasing around the toe area underneath the lacing; when tried on around the house I could feel the inner lining to be hard where the crease was, and dug into my toes on the left boot. The rest of the boot was comfortable with no rubbing anywhere. The right boot fit fine. I didnt think this was something I could wear in or that would improve but rather a design fault. Shame as otherwise the boots felt as if they would be very comfortable for walking, though a little heavier than I am used to.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20