Profile for S Thomas > Reviews

Live at the Bamboo Room
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 11.07

2.0 out of 5 stars hurts me to say it......., 13 July 2013
This review is from: Live at the Bamboo Room (Audio CD)
I have several Pat Travers studio albums. I like big time, in fact I play Blues on Fire at least 4 times a week - absolutely love it. So was overjoyed to know that a live cd was available. Pat Travers and band touring in UK later this year - good chance to sample what is the "real thing". I generally love live albums as well - squeaks and all - just a good feel to a band. Well, it arrived, I played it, its likely never to see light of day again. Disappointed is an understatement. From the tight grooves on Blues on Fire, this felt like 3 guys playing for different bands at the same time. I wasn't totally impressed with the vocals on some tracks and nothing gelled for me, track listing unmemorable - there was no oooh got to hear that again. I hate saying this as I like The band - but this cd will become a beer mat!!!! Remember though, this is just my opinion and many may - have the right - to disagree. I just think this cd failed in every direction. My only saving grace is that it has saved me from buying a gig ticket!!!! Sorry guys........
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2013 12:37 PM BST

Keep Moving
Keep Moving
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Was cautious - no need, 13 July 2013
This review is from: Keep Moving (MP3 Download)
Seeing yet another change round in the musical world of Mr Stockdale I was cautious as to what to expect. I have been disillusioned in the past with solo(??) projects from bands I like. Phew - there was no need. I love the hypnotic rhythm to many tracks - and no fear of being out of the mainstream........by any other name this could be labelled Wolfmother. Influenced me enough to get tickets for the tour.