Profile for Roy Wilkinson > Reviews

Content by Roy Wilkinson

Roy Wilkinson (West Midlands UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Doro PhoneEasy 606 Sim Free Mobile Phone - Graphite
Doro PhoneEasy 606 Sim Free Mobile Phone - Graphite

5.0 out of 5 stars Back up your number files., 21 July 2014
I needed a phone that was big & clear enough for me to handle it without dropping it or ringing the wrong number. I do not want a phone to put me onto the internet or to use as a camera. When I took it out of the box, I put my old sim card in & it worked loud & clear, what more could I ask of a phone?
A word of warning though, old sim cards lose their memory when disconnected from their battery.

Five-Minute Quilt Blocks: One-Seam Flying Geese Block Projects for Quilts, Wallhangings and Runners
by Suzanne McNeill

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow book, 12 May 2014
Easy book to follow , different patterns, this is my third book by this author & I would recommend it highly.
Shirley Wilkinson

Shadow Child
Shadow Child
by Libby Purves

5.0 out of 5 stars Shadow Child, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Shadow Child (Paperback)
Having read all of Libby Purves previous books (12) I bought this latest book. Having only looked at the cover before purchase I didn't realise the parallels between the story & my own life, having lost a son, I found the start of the book very distressing for me personally. I decided to carry on reading it & found it interesting & sometimes funny , true to lifes ups & downs. Enjoyed this book overall. Shirley Wilkinson

Delonghi F34512CZ Coolzone Fryer with Easy Clean System
Delonghi F34512CZ Coolzone Fryer with Easy Clean System

5.0 out of 5 stars big enough to shake dry, 31 Jan 2014
After the first one turned out to be faulty with a thermostat/thermal cut out problem I was wondering if I had made a mistake.
The replacement arrived very quickly, excellent service from Amazon & the carrier service, the new one melts the fat quickly & the basket is big enough & sturdy enough to shake dry. It all seems well designed & put together. Easy to separate to wash up.

Half Yard Heaven: Easy Sewing Projects Using Left-Over Pieces of Fabric
Half Yard Heaven: Easy Sewing Projects Using Left-Over Pieces of Fabric
by Debbie Shore

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Sewing Projects, 13 Nov 2013
Full of easy sewing projects designed to use up lots of small pieces of fabric that quilters always accumulate..
A good purdhase.

Simple Cloth Daisy Dolls
Simple Cloth Daisy Dolls
by Wenche O. Steensen

5.0 out of 5 stars Handicrafts, 13 Nov 2013
I have not yet done any of the books projects yet but having had a brief read through it. Patterns look easy to follow with plenty of diagrams. Looks a decent purchase.

Ruth Mott's Favourite Recipes: Heart-warming dishes from BBC tv's Victorian Kitchen Cook
by Ruth Mott

4.0 out of 5 stars Comes from old tv series, 13 Oct 2013
Ruth Mott was th boss of a country hose kitchen, full of nostalgia, reminds me of my Granny, You could have difficulties getting some of the recipe ingredients

Love to Sew: Patchwork Bags
Love to Sew: Patchwork Bags
by Cecilia Hanselmann

5.0 out of 5 stars Patchwork bags, 13 Oct 2013
I havn't used this book yet but it is full of good ideas , only small amounts of fabric required.

Making Cushion Covers
Making Cushion Covers
by Debbie Shore

5.0 out of 5 stars Cushion covers, 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: Making Cushion Covers (Paperback)
Lots of new ideas and designs. Wonderful book for the beginner & children would soon get interested to make things
Uses up lots of what would be scrap material.

Making Scrap Quilts to Use it Up!: 20 Complete Designs for Leftover Fabric
Making Scrap Quilts to Use it Up!: 20 Complete Designs for Leftover Fabric
by Lynne Edwards

5.0 out of 5 stars A good book, 13 Oct 2013
Clear and concise , easy to follow with good diagrams. Good templates, this is a book you would expect from Lynne Edwards, always comes up with good ideas & clear explanations.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4