Profile for Tatyana.Frances > Reviews

Content by Tatyana.Frances

Tatyana.Frances (London)

Walt Disney Animation Studios - The Archive Series: Design (Walt Disney Animation Archives)
by Disney Editions

5.0 out of 5 stars A magical and inspiring book!, 1 Sep 2011
When the book arrived to my house, I was a bit nervous to see what it would look like. I felt sick! My stomach was rumbling since I ordered it... I was only nervous because I was thinking "What IF it is a disappointment?". I was so excited for it to arrive that I actually started thinking bad things about it.

When it arrived and I opened the Amazon box it just lay there GLARING at me. It looked so unique, like it was alive!
As soon as I opened the book, it straight away showed me that the artists who made the concept art put so much love into all of their designs.

Some of my favourites pieces in the book were the Alice in Wonderland montages, the Cruella De Vil montage and The Little Mermaid "Ursula" designs.

I was actually quite surprised to find that it even contained art from Disney's recent film - "Tangled"

Once again, at the start of the book there is a wonderful introduction from John Lasseter (Animator, Director and the Chief Creative Officer at Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios)

This book is a MUST for anyone - Especially for artists, as I want to be an animator when I'm older and this book can really help you with concept designs etc.
Even for people who don't like art in any shape or form, it's still incredible to see all the work and expression put into people's artwork!

5 STAR!

Note: My Amazon box did have a ripped out hole from the corner of it, but thankfully nothing was damaged.