Profile for Vincent Marsters > Reviews

Content by Vincent Marsters

Vincent Marsters "Vince" (Evesham)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
For Samsung Gear VR Virtual Reality Headset SM-R322NZWABTU (Works with Samsung Galaxy S7 edge / Note5 / S6 edge edge+ Plus) Hard Travel Storage Carrying Case Bag by Hermitshell
Offered by Hemit Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Safely cover the Gear VR headset, 19 Jun. 2016
I was only looking for a case for my Samsung Gear VR headset as it doesn't come with anything to cover the eye piece lenses and over a few days had gathered a lot of dust. Also since I do not use the headset very often I wanted a case which was more solid. This case covered both of these requirements well. The finish is soft on the inside to protect the headset and the size is perfect to hold it tight so it won't get damaged moving around inside.

Topop Waterproof 15.9Ft 20 LED Solar Powered Outdoor String Lights for Outside Garden Patio Party Christmas Decoration(Warm White)
Offered by GoldenSwing

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all year round, 19 Jun. 2016
Although advertised as Christmas lights in the description, these lights are really suitable all year round and look very similar to some 'Moroccan' lights have have seen in one of my local budget DIY type sheds. In the box (plain white) there are 12 (not 20 as in the description) golf ball size baubles in a metallic silver effect and a solar control unit with on/off and mode (flashing or always on) switch on a dark green wire. Each Bauble contains a 'warm-white' LED which gives a gentle yellowish hue when lit (hopefully this is visible in the attached pictures). There is also a 2 part ground stake for fixing the solar unit in the best place to catch all the sun. Also in the box is a small instruction set, but I doubt these will be needed as the lights are fairly easy to figure out without it.
The lights are advertised as having a run time of around 8 hours (longer when in flashing mode) and this is possible with a day of sunlight as it does take around 6 hours of good light to fully recharge the built in batteries. This does mean in the UK winters that the full advertised runtime may not be achieved. Even without full sun though the unit will get some charge.
Turning on the lights is as simple as pressing the power button on the control unit (fully waterproofed). When doing this in the day you will notice that nothing appears to happen though - don't worry, just cover the solar panel area and the lights turn on as there is a built-in sensor to stop the lights turning on during daylight hours, when they would not be used.

The only thing that has let down the unit I got (other than only having 12 lights - only 12 are shown in the pictures so this is what I expected) is the finish of the waterproofing seal on the solar unit. There are a couple of high areas and the elements are not aligned very well inside the seal. The unit does work though so it is a cosmetic issue not a functional one.

DISCLAIMER: I have been sent these lights by GoldenRay/GoldenSwing in return for an unbiased review.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Topop 2.4G Wireless 7-Button Gaming Mouse With Adjustable DPI (800, 1200, 1600, 2000, 4800) for Gamers
Offered by GoldenSwing

4.0 out of 5 stars Things I like: The size of the mouse is ideal for ..., 16 Jun. 2016
This is a simple gaming mouse with 5 buttons (some programmable after downloading the software from etpc, as directed in the instructions). It comes supplied in a solid plastic box (making it ideal for taking to lan parties etc. without damaging it. The foam insert in the case also has space for spare batteries - may not be required though as the battery is rated for 12 months use as long as the built-in LEDs are not turned on.
The mouse comes with a nano receiver which can also be stored in the base of the mouse when not in use. This is slightly larger than the nano receivers supplied with Logitech brands but does not stick out of laptops/pcs too far.
The mouse is on the larger size but is ideal for my use. The top surface is a soft feel plastic and the sides are a hexagonal design in hard plastic. There are also built in red LEDs which light up the left hand side, roller wheel and the stylized T logo on the top.
For gamers, the mouse comes with 5 levels of DPI adjustment (done dynamically using buttons on the top of the mouse) and 2 levels of polling adjustment, which should cover most use cases.

Things I like:
The size of the mouse is ideal for longer term use
up to 12 month battery life (although LEDs need to be turned off)
Configuration options (need to download software from manufactures website)

Things I dislike:
The roller wheel - on my sample it feels slightly angled and not too tight
Only available in right handed designs
Not providing a battery in the pack

DISCLAIMER: I was sent a free mouse in return for my unbiased review
Comment Comment | Permalink

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Protective SView Case Cover - Silver
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Protective SView Case Cover - Silver
Offered by imoxx

1.0 out of 5 stars Damaged my phone screen, 10 Jun. 2016
I thought this would be an ideal case for my Galaxy S7 Edge as the curved screen makes using most screen protectors difficult. In hindsight it was a poor choice.
The case has a nice see-through section of the flap (the S-View area) which allows you to use the phone for limited functions without opening the case. However this part of the case has a slightly damaged area on mine (I assume from a piece of dust/grit but never saw it to be certain), which in turn has scratched the screen of my phone. Samsung have advised that they consider this to be cosmetic damage and are not willing to do anything. Bizarrely this means that I have done more damage to my phone using an approved cover than I have managed to do with no screen protection at all.

Since suffering the damage I have found other reviews of previous versions of the S-View cases (S6) which mentioned screens becoming scratched. I can only assume therefore that these cases have design flaws which cause damage to the phones they are meant to be protecting.

ZenFresh Filtration Shower Head for Dry Skin & Hair Satisfaction GUARANTEED 200% High Pressure 30% Water Saving Ionic Handheld Showerhead
Offered by Zen Fresh

4.0 out of 5 stars Feel fresh after your shower, 10 Jun. 2016
This is a great little shower head which provides a nice 'soft' style spray (only the 1 pattern, hence the drop of the star) with a reasonable intensity on my mains pressure electric shower. There is a slight issue with the spray at mains pressure though - the fine holes for the water seem to allow water to spray out at some random angles initially, requiring a rub over with a hand to get a better, straighter spray. The pressure intensity also appears to be higher giving a more invigorating shower.
Inside the handle there are 3 different types of mineralized spheres (the brown ones in the main handle, black ones in the elbow and some white ones in the head itself) which claim to alter the water, giving it a softer feel. I cannot say whether this is true or whether the softness of the water just comes from the fine holes in the spray plate. What I can say is that in over a month of use I have found the shower head to be cleaner than previous ones and my skin does feel better after using it.

ADS-B 1090MHz Band-pass SMA Filter
ADS-B 1090MHz Band-pass SMA Filter
Offered by FlightAware Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars Great partner to the Flightaware Pro Stick, 2 May 2016
I originally purchased this to go with my cheap SDR USB dongle but found no benefit to using it - in actual fact it seemed to reduce my systems performance. After pairing it with Flightaware's new USB dongle FlightAware Pro Stick USB ADS-B Receiver though I am more than impressed. It has reduced noise and given me an increase in range of around 10% compared to just the new dongle on its own.

AmazonBasics AA Performance Alkaline Batteries [Pack of 48]
AmazonBasics AA Performance Alkaline Batteries [Pack of 48]

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for any performance devices., 2 May 2016
For the price these are OK batteries but labelling the performance is wrong. They are basic batteries with a below average to average lifespan in most devices I have tried them in (electric candles, clocks etc). At full price I would actually say these are poor value but as Amazon frequently discount them they may be worthwhile at reduced prices

4 x EXTREME Coarse Green Replacement Rollers Compatible with Emjoi Micro Pedi
4 x EXTREME Coarse Green Replacement Rollers Compatible with Emjoi Micro Pedi
Offered by The Body Source

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the originals, 2 May 2016
Much better than the branded original rollers and with a coarser grade material meaning they removed the rough (and in some places damaged) skin with little effort. They last as long as the original rollers too meaning in all they are a better replacement than buying originals - paying less for more is always a positive in my book.
I will also be buying some less aggressive grit versions to replace the originals when I have used my current stock, and see no need to go back to expensive branded rollers again.

Eheim 3704010 Air Pump 400 Adjustable
Eheim 3704010 Air Pump 400 Adjustable
Offered by FishAround Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant pump, 2 May 2016
I have used many different types of air pumps but found this one to be the best so far. It has 2 separately controlled outputs allowing you to have 2 different air sources within the aquarium. There is 1 outlet supplied but I never used this, preferring my existing air tubes and air flow ornaments. I also fed multiple outlets from each source giving me 4 different outlets within my 125l tank.
In use the pump gives a small hum but this is much less than the sound given by the water flow from my water filter. It is also possinle to hang the filter so it doesn't touch any surface (this is how mine is mounted), giving even less change for noise from the pump itself.

Sourcingmap Plastic Fish Tank One Way Air Check Valves, 2 Pieces, Black
Sourcingmap Plastic Fish Tank One Way Air Check Valves, 2 Pieces, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says in the description, 2 May 2016
Simple little valves for your aquarium to allow air into the tank but stop water siphoning back into your pump when the power is disconnected.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9