Profile for Ian Clement > Reviews

Content by Ian Clement

Ian Clement "Rockin and Rollin all night" (Eyemouth, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
Man Like I
Man Like I
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good album once you've seen him live, 18 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Man Like I (Audio CD)
I have to admit, I had never even heard of Natty until 3 days ago when I went to see Newton Faulkner in concert and where Natty was the support. And I thought he put on a great performance. Some of the lyrics are great and I loved that and more importantly at a gig, he made people dance. The performance was basic, raw and powerful. So I bought his debut and I personally love it. But that's because It reminds me of the fantastic performance he put on. I can understand why people consider this too poppy and the album is a bit too overproduced (some of the songs are), but there is definite potential here. A good example is on "Badman". The backing vocals during the Chorus are quite nice vocals. When you hear it live however, they shout out the words a bit more and it made the song, overall, more powerful.

So,(If you read that rambling, random use of words I like to call a "review") overall, this album is good but a bit overproduced and not raw and powerful enough. But if you saw him live you will get more out of it than those who haven't.

LOST region 1 DVD Season 4 Complete
LOST region 1 DVD Season 4 Complete
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Yet, 4 Jun. 2008
The Last two Reviews are saying that this is the best season yet. And they aren't kidding. And I think the reason for that is that the season isn't as long as the other three. For some people that might not make sense, but when you think about it, it does. By cutting down the episodes this means they are putting in the absolute essential information about the show in the episodes and there are NO filler material, which makes the show more exciting, and it stops the common complaint that they are leaving the questions unanswered for too long.
But that doesn't mean there's no mystery. In fact theres just as much as ever and it leaves the cliffhangers that Lost is famous for and that we love about the show.
So if your one of those people that gave up after the second season (which I was), try get through the third season (which by the way, after a rocky start is equally fantastic) just so you can watch this. Think of this season like those Persil and Ariel adverts. It's super condensed, so it's twice as strong... OK bad joke but you know what I mean!

Once Upon A Time In The West [Uk Version]
Once Upon A Time In The West [Uk Version]
Offered by Qoolist

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the catchiest record of the year, 25 Nov. 2007
To be honest, I never really listened to Hard-Fi. But yet a friend of mine said this album was brilliant. So I bought it and was singing these songs for ages afterwards! The songs are really catchy. Ok, I know catchyness isn't the only aspect of a great song but the lyrics and musicianship in this record is equally really good.

1. Suburban Knights- First single and opening track. Big, epic and what you would expect from it being the first single. 9/10

2. I shall overcome- I love the acoustic rhythm mix perfectly with the electric lead in this song. 10/10

3. Tonight- starts off slow but with an epic chorus. the "tonight tonight..." part will stick with you for sure. 10/10

4. Watch me fall apart- Weakest track on the album. It just doesn't seem to fit in. 7/10

5. I close my eyes- good song. Not as catchy as the rest though. 9/10

6. television- absolutely fantastic. You will be singing the chorus for days! 10/10

7. Help Me Please. good song but like track 4 it doesn't fit in with the rest of the album. 8/10

8. Can't Get Along- Fantastic use of different instruments give this song a truly epic feel to it. 10/10

9. we need Love- catchy like the rest but more melodic- 9/10

10. Little Angel- Sounds like their first album and is just as good. 9/10

11. The king- slow song but builds up to an epic chorus and probably the catchiest song of them all. 10/10

So all in all, its a good album. Simple!

I-Empire
I-Empire

5.0 out of 5 stars I-Empire in short, is awesome, 7 Nov. 2007
This review is from: I-Empire (Audio CD)
I must admit, I'm one of those people that faithfully follow reviews in magazines. So when Kerrang! only gave it 3/5 I was a little bit dissapointed. But then I thought "Why follow what someone else thinks? I should have my own opinion". So I bought it. And I'm glad I did. This album is a major improvement to their debut. Much more simple. And Tom DeLonge is back in my good books (he's not so annoying now). Also, if want to hear this album at it's best. Be on your own and put this on your stereo, loud. And I mean LOUD. Simply spectacular.

Costello Music
Costello Music
Offered by Leisurezone

5.0 out of 5 stars All Killer, No Filler, 4 July 2007
This review is from: Costello Music (Audio CD)
I want htis band to be remembered as one of the greatest indie bands of this decade. If not that, then this should be remembered as one of the greates indie debuts of all time. There is literally no weak track on this album. And this proves to the people that say that "indie music is all the same" because this album is nothing like you have ever heard before.

Hats Off To The Buskers
Hats Off To The Buskers

5.0 out of 5 stars Everybodys dressing up, im dressing down..., 30 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Hats Off To The Buskers (Audio CD)
Q magazine recently described the new new Razorlight album as being "the greatest album since Definately Maybe". although the new Razorlight album is good, this one fits the bill more (Personally there are two albums that are actually as good as that classic Oasis album, This and The Fratellis Costello Music). This album has this raw energy which you can get a huge kick out of. Also this album is very varied and has the atttributes that Definately Maybe had... Raw garage style Rocking out (Coming Down), Radio frielndly hits (Same Jeans, Face For the Radio) and Songs that are just a bit of fun (Skag Trendy). So there you go... this is the new Definately Maybe album and not Razorlights new album.

Eldest
Eldest
by Christopher Paolini

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but the plot is somewhat familiar... Star Wars anyone?, 9 May 2007
This review is from: Eldest (Paperback)
Don't get me wrong. I think this trilogy is excellent. But I have notice a VERY similar plot between this and... Star Wars! Yes, this story is Star Wars in a Lord of the Rings world! And it's really good! I mean think about it: Luke Skywalker lives with his uncle on a farm... So does Eragon! Luke gets a inherits a blue lightsaber and has to carry on an ancient culture... Eragon gets a blue dragon and carries on the legacy of the dragon riders! And it goes on. I'm not going to give it all though because there are some that haven't seen Star Wars (i'm not joking) and I dont want to spoil this book for them. Because although it has some major similarities it's still a great story that needs to be read.

In Between Dreams
In Between Dreams
Offered by nagiry

5.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate Summer album!!, 21 Mar. 2007
This review is from: In Between Dreams (Audio CD)
Jack Johnsons music is the definition of cool. It's the sort of music where you imagine yourself sitting in a convertible at the beach, with the hot sun beating down your neck. Pure bliss.

City Of Evil [Pa Version]
City Of Evil [Pa Version]
Offered by the_record_factory

5.0 out of 5 stars This is their "Master Of Puppets", 24 Dec. 2006
This is a modern classic! Synester Gates will be remembered among great guitarists such as Slash, Jimmy Page, Angus Young, James Hetfield and so on. From beginning to end this album has a totally new style, a bag load of riffs and tons of metal attittude! M Shadows voice is what makes it outstanding as well. He just puts his heart and soul into the album and you can clearly see it. You can tell I totally adore this album. So for the love of God buy it and see what i see in this album.

The Black Parade
The Black Parade

5.0 out of 5 stars The Black Parade is the new black, 24 Dec. 2006
This review is from: The Black Parade (Audio CD)
I was reading an interview with Gerard Way about "The Black Parade" and he said "It is an album that needs to be digested. It needs to be listened to more than once." He was not kidding. When I first heard this I automatically thought that "Three cheers..." was so much better. But after the fourth time in listening to it I enjoyed it more than I did. Now, after a couple of months I totally love it and is one of the highlights of '06. Highlights including "Dead!", "This is how I disappear", "Welcome to the black parade", "teenagers" and (a personal highlight) "famous last words". So if you have a copy of the album and don't like it then give it time. Because you will find genius.

Page: 1 | 2