Profile for Penolope Pitstop > Reviews

Content by Penolope Pitstop

Penolope Pitstop (Surrey, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Eumocream Hydrating Treatment 100g
Eumocream Hydrating Treatment 100g
Price: 5.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good cream for eczema., 27 Jun 2014
Very good product. Reduced my reliance on steroid creams. Having had mild eczema all my life, this product really helped my dry skin on my face and hands. After a week both areas stopped itching and the dryness hasn't returned, which is now over six weeks of daily use. Which in turn means six weeks of not use a steroid cream on my face.My only gripe is that it is a bit expensive and I wish it came in 200ml or 400ml.

Oliver's Army (Album Version)
Oliver's Army (Album Version)
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Secret Lemonade drinker., 27 May 2014
Oliver's Army, is pure unadulterated pop genius with a message. The piano on this song is one of the most memorable played in pop music. It's up there with Life on Mars and Morning has broken by Cat Stevens. It's a shame the song only lasts about 2:30mins.

Brass In Pocket (2006 Remastered LP Version)
Brass In Pocket (2006 Remastered LP Version)
Price: 0.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Eighties at its best!, 27 May 2014
One of the best songs of the Eighties. Chrissy Hind is so underrated. She deserves more recognition. As for the song, still sounds good today as it did 20 years ago.

Christian Fish Ichthus Car Badge
Christian Fish Ichthus Car Badge
Offered by Etrade247 Ltd
Price: 3.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product., 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: Christian Fish Ichthus Car Badge
As others have mentioned, getting the paper of the sticky back can bit tricky. But other than that, its elegant on my car. Not too big and not too small.

Farecla 7163 150ml G3 Professional Scratch Remover Paste
Farecla 7163 150ml G3 Professional Scratch Remover Paste
Price: 6.44

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special but could be worse., 2 Oct 2013
Firstly, if you are expecting this product to remove scratches, you asking for a miracle. It does not do that. However, what it does do is reduced the visibility of scratches, which it did. You have to put in a lot of effort to get the reduced effect approximately an hour in my case.

The product is easy to use and with a polish it did make a difference. All I can say to other potential buyers, is give it a go, put a lot effort into rubbing the product into the scratches, but please don't expect them to disappear, you will be disappointed.

PhysioRoom Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint Small/Medium
PhysioRoom Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint Small/Medium
Offered by PhysioRoom
Price: 34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars At last my Plantar Fasciitis has improved considerably., 2 May 2012
I bought this product out of desperation. I had already purchased some heel pads which reduced the pain of my plantar faciitis while standing and walking. However, I needed something that would alleviate the unberable pain one suffers when you first step out of bed and stand up in the morning.

I was at first sceptical when I took it out of its package and thought I had made a mistake. I was completely wrong. I have been using this product every night for two weeks and guess what people I can stand and walk properly without suffering any pain. More than this, it has reduced the pain to the extent that I have now started to wear my heels again.

It does take a few days (3 in total for me) to get used to wearing at night in bed. However its comfortable, a lot lighter than it looks and it has adjustable straps. You need to persevere. Now I hardly notice it and my husband hasn't complained about it.

If you are suffering from that unbearable heel pain first thing in morning that makes you hobble around the house, this is the product to use.

Sorbothane Shock Stopper Heel Pads
Sorbothane Shock Stopper Heel Pads
Price: 6.00 - 11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good product, 23 April 2012
Bought this about three weeks ago after suffering from very painful heel pain in the morning and while walking. This product does not stop the pain completely but makes it much easier and less painful to walk. I now put this in all my shoes including my slippers, partuclarly when I am standing in the kitchen for a long time and it helps a lot. If you are suffering from Plantar facitis, use this inconjuction with some exercises and you will see a marked difference in the pain.

Until the Final Hour: Hitler's Last Secretary
Until the Final Hour: Hitler's Last Secretary
by Traudl Junge

5.0 out of 5 stars Oustanding!, 26 Jan 2011
Back in early November 2010, the BBC ran a series of WWII documentaries and films to comemerate 70 years since the blitz. I happened to come across the film of the same title as the book and was blown away at the films brilliance. Without a doubt one of the best films about Hitler ever made. I had to find out whether the book was (and in most cases) better than the film.

I wasn't disappointed. Traudl Junge tells the story of a young woman entering adulthood without a care in the world with the sole ambition of becoming a professional dancer. However, events and circumstances mean that she ends up becoming one of Hitler's personal secretaries, dinner party companion and wife of an SS officer. The book gives you an insight into the relationship between Eva Braum and Hitler as well as the competing officers wishing to be part of Hitler's inner circle and how fortune and fate assisted her during the early years after the war.

There have been many books written about nazism and Adolf Hitler, but few have been written by someone who was there every day with Hitler and his senior officers during the last few years of the Third Reich. One of the most fascinating things I found out about this book was what happened to the mentioned officers and staff. From Hitler's valet to his cook. This is a must read book that will not disappoint.

Media Products UK HTC Desire HD Black SUPREME Protective Gel Case Skin + Free Screen Protector

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the 'tin', 26 Jan 2011
Cheap and cheerful. Very good value for the price and postage (which is free). Don't understand the negative comments, if you want something more then you pay more simples!

Crime and Punishment (Wordsworth Classics)
Crime and Punishment (Wordsworth Classics)
by F.M. Dostoevsky
Price: 1.89

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I read it - a wonderful suprise indeed, 19 Sep 2009
I had heard of Dostoevsky but never read any of his books. Every time I went into a book store, I always shied away from Russian authors on the premise that their books were far too long and far too intense. If you were like me, I would advise you too think again.

When a member of our book club choose this book all you could hear were deep signs and raised eyebrows (myself included). Nevertheless, this all changed once I started reading it.

This book tells the story of a man called Rodion Raskolnikov who committs a crime of murder and nearly gets away with it. However, this book is more than just a who done it (take note Dan Brown), it takes you on a journey into the consciouness, mind and psycological make up of Rodion Raskolnikov.

Although the book centres on Raskolnikov, you will enjoy the other characters such as his sister Dounia, best friend Razumihin, Sonia and Zametov all of whom have a pivitol role in this story of murder, hate, guilt, anger, fear, love, loyalty and ultimately repetence. Set against the back drop of Russian poverty before the revolution, you will not put this book down.

So glad it was choosen and so glad I read it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3